Rams dump 1 receiver that was complaining about his lack of playing time, then sign another one that will do the same thing. Not sure what they are thinking there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Killa Cam goin back to Carolina isn’t something I expected in August. Fun times though.
    Not exactly sure that is an upgrade to PJ Walker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watching Brisset as QB is giving me so many flashbacks to 90s and 00s football. Big pads, slow but can scramble, not pure pocket, and just kind of moves awkwardly.

That dolphins drive before the half just furthered the feeling. A team mostly running suddenly getting some big throws.

There have been some things that were unusual in the dolphins favor, like them getting the first down without having to challenge, and essentially getting a time out from the not helmet to helmet, but neither have been game changing imo. Maybe a sign of things to come? It’s nice to have less time between plays but I can’t recall seeing such quick changes coming from THE BOOTH, and to see 2 in one half benefiting the same team comes off suspect even if it’s not.

And now there’s the overturned catch that I don’t think anyone but the current and ex refs saw touch the ground.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-11-12 at 03:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Yeah, as a Giant fan… Beckham is poison long term, but maybe he helps for a few games. He’s hurt all the time and famously difficult to deal with though.

He’s also got injuries to both shoulders and will need surgery after the season. So he’s not likely to move the needle. I think his style, where he definitely goes all out and sacrifices his body - also means he’s just going to be hurt all the time. He’s 29, a long, long way removed from his pro bowl years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Rams dump 1 receiver that was complaining about his lack of playing time, then sign another one that will do the same thing. Not sure what they are thinking there.

Not exactly sure that is an upgrade to PJ Walker.
    This is why I was laughing when someone said the Rams, like, Jackson didn't quite have the same bad attitude that OBJ is infamous for, but he literally JUST pushed himself out of LA for the same reason OBJ was pushing himself out of Cleveland.

Plus the Rams seem to be really stacked at receiver anyway, Bobby Trees and Cooper Cupp already, as well as Van Jefferson who has had some big games, and at least one good tight end... and BOTH their running backs are pretty good at catching... I just don't get this move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol pass interference for a ball 20 feet over his head. If the ball had even been brown yet. Isn’t that just holding?
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not watching the game, but wtf Ravens?

15+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for that overtime switch of the ravens….

Also lol that the rams took obj in, they really want that ring this year but…. Still think that the cardinals and bucs will beat them to get to the SB
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless OBJ can pass protect I don't really see how he helps. What I really don't see is how this is a good move for him, there were already a lot of mouths to feed in the passing game.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless OBJ can pass protect I don't really see how he helps. What I really don't see is how this is a good move for him, there were already a lot of mouths to feed in the passing game.
    Same reason AB signed with the Bucs last season. Ring chasin'.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm not watching the game, but wtf Ravens?
    This year the NFL has been weird.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    But he'll have to wear a Rams uni, not worth it.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I still dont hes going to be that impactful on the rams and the bucs kinda needed a receiver last year with godwin and evans semi injured, for this year he was just extra
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I was waiting for that overtime switch of the ravens….

Also lol that the rams took obj in, they really want that ring this year but…. Still think that the cardinals and bucs will beat them to get to the SB
    The Rams just aren't that high on my list... Stafford is good but often chokes and has multiple injuries. Now they grab OBJ who is drama+injuries. Great defense though.

Gruden suing the NFL saying they targeted him as a fall guy for the WFT probe.

I, for one, hope Jon doesn't settle and forces all 650k EMails public. It would be his greatest legacy to the sport.

I'm excited for this week now. Pat Shurmur is in covid protocol and won't be coaching this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The Rams just aren't that high on my list... Stafford is good but often chokes and has multiple injuries. Now they grab OBJ who is drama+injuries. Great defense though.
    I cannot really judge a QB based on anything they would have done in Detroit. Just the fact he got that team to the playoffs 3 or 4 times is a feat in on itself. His injury history is problematic, I agree, but the dude was basically teed off on every game because they lacked any running game and often played from behind or in shootout situations because of a bad defense.

With a defense as good as LA has and the offensive firepower they have proven to have I don't see how they aren't in anyone's top 3 or 4 NFL teams right now. For sure because the 49ers and Seahawks are pretty down this year making the road a bit easier.

OBJ I suspect will be a good little boy in LA. He probably likes making lots of money and doesn't want to blow the possibility of landing at least a moderate contract somewhere next year. If he goes crazy again he would be 3 for 3 and his only hope will be the Tom Brady rehabilitation camp in Tampa on a low end contract. If he is a problem at all I suspect he will just get ditched again. He is purely a luxury pick up and not a required piece for success so they won't put up with it. Plus LA will throw the rock at him. It is what they do. Yeah, he will have to rotate a bit more and see the field a few less plays a game but when he does he will see attempts his way.

Robert Woods is out for the year with a torn ACL, there are the targets for him so he doesn't complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did that really happen the day after picking up obj or was it really a thing from a little earlier? If it just happened that’s some crazy karma.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Day after. They signed OBJ Thursday, his knee blew on Friday.
    That’s mind (and knee) blowing

10+ Year Old Account
    OBJ has some Fitzpatrick level voodoo going on.
    /s