The Giants figured out the clapper is a problem.

Too bad Denver won't do the same thing with Pat Shurmur, they are basically the same person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Giants figured out the clapper is a problem.

Too bad Denver won't do the same thing with Pat Shurmur, they are basically the same person.
    It isn't going to save anyone, the whole Giants front office will be flushed at season's end and they'll be looking to replace half the roster too. Its hard for me to believe Daniel Jones still has a year left on his rookie deal, feels like he's been going nowhere forever.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It isn't going to save anyone, the whole Giants front office will be flushed at season's end and they'll be looking to replace half the roster too. Its hard for me to believe Daniel Jones still has a year left on his rookie deal, feels like he's been going nowhere forever.
    The Giants could be sneaky players in this offseason's QB "sweepstakes." By now you have to imagine they've decided they can do better than Jones.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Giants could be sneaky players in this offseason's QB "sweepstakes." By now you have to imagine they've decided they can do better than Jones.
    The worst thing that could happen for that organization is if things go better the next seven games and they get false confidence to stick with Judge & Jones.
    /s

49ers/Seahawks got flexed out of week 13 SNF or Broncos/Chiefs. I really don't understand that one since the Chiefs will win in a blowout.

Daniel Jones goes somewhere sometimes, he just trips and fumbles when he does.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-11-23 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    49ers/Seahawks got flexed out of week 13 SNF or Broncos/Chiefs. I really don't understand that one since the Chiefs will win in a blowout.
    Works for me since I don't want to see either game.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing that could happen for that organization is if things go better the next seven games and they get false confidence to stick with Judge & Jones.
    I think Judge might be worth holding onto one more year, but Jones needs to go at this point. He hasn't shown any real development in his time there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how a lot of the comments on Jason Garrett are about Kadarius Toney. Yes, please, get him the ball more.

an OC that is better than Ask Madden.
    I'd wager that Ask Madden would do as well as or better that at least half the OCs in the NFL

Matt Lafleur asking for clarification on two key calls in the GB/MIN games since they don't really make sense and aren't consistent. I'm sure we will hear nothing or get basically ./shrug

- - - Updated - - -

I mean can you find someone better this deep into the season anyway?

I think he absolutely needs competition for next camp though.
    A lot of the other teams seem to be playing musical chairs with kickers, I don't like that idea personally.

Going into that week against the Bengals he was one of the most reliable kickers... its fair to say its a bad few games imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers has COVID Toe.

Hey remember when I either thought or actually said the only thing that could derail the Packers is if Rodgers has Long-Haul Covid?

15+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers has COVID Toe.

Hey remember when I either thought or actually said the only thing that could derail the Packers is if Rodgers has Long-Haul Covid?
    My favorite thing this week was Howard stern wondering if Rodgers asked Joe Rogan how to treat his toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now after saying it was COVID Toe on the Pat McAfee Podcast (which IIRC was also where he broke the news about his lie about being vaccinated) he then in his press conference in Green Bay says it's a broken toe.

Fuck this man and his lies. He can't even tell us the truth about what's wrong with his toe.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, $790 million settlement in a lawsuit by the city of St. Louis over the Rams' departure.

NFL basically admitting they broke their promise to only relocate teams as a last resort.

Now how soon can they get the Chargers there?

And now after saying it was COVID Toe on the Pat McAfee Podcast (which IIRC was also where he broke the news about his lie about being vaccinated) he then in his press conference in Green Bay says it's a broken toe.

Fuck this man and his lies. He can't even tell us the truth about what's wrong with his toe.
    Are you trolling? (I seriously can't tell). If you are--feel free to disregard this. But if you're actually serious about Rodgers lying about the toe:

If you watched the clip or the entire interview--it was very clearly a joke. The entire staff started to laugh and Rodgers smiled. They made a mockery of it over the next few minutes. Even Pat's tweet of the clip has a joke in the title of "WE KNEW IT!!". The guy was very clearly trolling. Can argue that maybe it's a joke in bad taste, but at no point did that seem serious at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Are you trolling? (I seriously can't tell). If you are--feel free to disregard this. But if you're actually serious about Rodgers lying about the toe:

If you watched the clip or the entire interview--it was very clearly a joke. The entire staff started to laugh and Rodgers smiled. They made a mockery of it over the next few minutes. Even Pat's tweet of the clip has a joke in the title of "WE KNEW IT!!". The guy was very clearly trolling. Can argue that maybe it's a joke in bad taste, but at no point did that seem serious at all.
    Apparently he said its worse than turf toe and a bone issue and they ran with Covid toes? I first saw the covid toe thing all over other media before I saw that clip. Rodgers just needs to stay away from Pats show lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Apparently he said its worse than turf toe and a bone issue and they ran with Covid toes? I first saw the covid toe thing all over other media before I saw that clip. Rodgers just needs to stay away from Pats show lol
    Yea--supposedly the WSJ (and then a bunch of others) ran with an article about it legitimately being COVID toe and he was pissed about it.

And yup--it's probably a good idea for him to just stop talking and definitely not mock anything COVID related. You'd think he would have learned his lesson. But from watching him on there each week--I honestly don't think he cares anyway.

I don't agree with much of anything he's said regarding COVID, but the amount of overreaction to anything he says is getting crazy. If there's an opportunity to twist something he says into a monster headline--it's certainly happening. I cannot believe so many media outlets actually fell for what he said on Pat's show (or maybe they didn't---their job is to get clicks, so they probably aren't as gullible as I think they are).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Judge might be worth holding onto one more year, but Jones needs to go at this point. He hasn't shown any real development in his time there.
    Not saying Daniel Jones is the next Brady or anything, but, the Giants O-line has been an absolute disaster for the whole time Jones has been there.

If they move on from him and he ends up on a team with a functional O-line, he might do a whole lot better.

We've seen even great QBs like Mahomes and Brady struggle, especially with consistency, when behind a bad (ish) line.

Lack of O-line is the no. 1 culprit for a bad offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good thing about this whole COVID toe joke is Rodgers showing his foot in a press conference. Its getting memed pretty well on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/s...69899646148610

The best one yet imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to wax lyrical on how awful this game is but I'm afraid of tempting fate with a prime time shitshow from the Raiders right after this.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it was actually a really entertaining game. Despite the referees trying to ruin it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

This is a brutal game to watch.