Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021,Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet

    Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Covenants
    • Necrolord
      • Fixed an issue where falling off the Maw during Forgeborne Reveries (Bonesmith Heirmir Soulbind) would sometimes cause the player to lose more Stygia.

    Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet
    @lungjaw, 3D artist at Blizzard, tweeted that they "are indeed working on a Warcraft Mobile game." This is confirmed with a post to a 3d environmental artist job opening at Blizzard.



  2. #2
    Probably something something gacha

  3. #3
    Dont you have phones? They are trying to tap into the Asian market.

  4. #4
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Frostcrown, Canada
    Posts
    4
    Well a Warcraft mobile game is an extra nail in the coffin to me, canceled my sub a couple weeks back and don’t regret it - haven’t unsubbed since Cata.

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7
    I thought they were working on the pet battle app. It mysteriously disappeared. In good Blizzard fashion, i'm afraid they decided to "expand" it into a full game.

  8. #8
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,897
    Not gonna lie a Genshin IMpact clone with warcraft could be fire. As long as its on pc or consoles too.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Cancelled sub.
    I don't think the 50 year olds on the dying mmo champion forums was their target for this project

  10. #10
    Did people get this pissy about Hearthstone? I honestly don't remember. This is the same thing, a mobile game with Warcraft branding, there's nothing to be mad about. A shit ton of franchises do this.

  11. #11
    Grunt Thafuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newport, pleasure Island
    Posts
    20
    I love this idea. Make it the most egregious pay to win game ever so people don't stop complaining about it but yet are addicted to it and can't stop playing. Blizzard do you need a game director for this?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I don't think the 50 year olds on the dying mmo champion forums was their target for this project
    Might be the issue honestly. The Warcraft IP doesn't appeal to general audiences like they want it to, but it appeals to MMO lovers. If they focused less on dumbing down their game and making worthless phone shit, they would probably turn a larger profit than they do appealing to people who will never play it.

  13. #13
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Did people get this pissy about Hearthstone? I honestly don't remember. This is the same thing, a mobile game with Warcraft branding, there's nothing to be mad about. A shit ton of franchises do this.
    People absolutely did lose their shit over Hearthstone because mobile.

    (Diablo Immortal too, but Blizzard deserved it there for being completely tone deaf to their audience and expectations)

    I don't know which particular genre of internet hangup this is, gamers yelling at clouds because we're old and don't "get" phone games, or some kind of gatekeeping for gaming platforms, or just another brand of "stop liking what I don't like," but it's fucking dumb. I have zero interest in mobile games personally but it's a massive market and Blizzard would be foolish to ignore it, especially after the great success of hearthstone.
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Amg View Post
    Well a Warcraft mobile game is an extra nail in the coffin to me, canceled my sub a couple weeks back and don’t regret it - haven’t unsubbed since Cata.
    okay ...bye

    My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    okay ...bye
    But we'll miss...that guy, the guy with 2 posts on a throwaway account.

  16. #16
    "It really is an amazing team!", instead of "It really is an amazing game!"

    On a more serious note, why does Blizzard making a mobile game, or whatever else, be reason to stop playing another one of their titles?

    They have over 10 games on their launcher, yet a mobile one is the straw that broke the camels back? laughable boys, laughable

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I don't think the 50 year olds on the dying mmo champion forums was their target for this project
    your point is? just because something is beneficial to you doesn't mean you should do it.

  18. #18
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    15,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Amg View Post
    Well a Warcraft mobile game is an extra nail in the coffin to me, canceled my sub a couple weeks back and don’t regret it - haven’t unsubbed since Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Cancelled sub.
    Seriously. What is the problem in making a game for mobile? Do either of you somehow think that Activision-Blizzard are pulling developers from WoW's team to work on this thing? Do you also think that Blizzard shouldn't do April's Fools jokes because "they could instead use that time to fix the bugs and better balance the game"?

    Why does the news that Blizzard is working on a Warcraft mobile game offend you so much that you are cancelling your subscriptions? Which, by the way, I personally think you two weren't subscribed to the game already, and are just posting this for 'fake-outrage' points.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  19. #19
    Hmmmm weird that when someone mentions a wow version on consoles people lose their minds about how it could never work on a console because it's such a complicated game with too many buttons (although that's complete bs , controllers have easily enough even for the most complicated classes) but a mobile game being announced and everyone's like "yeah makes sense , sounds good" lmao

  20. #20
    It's painful to hear all of those great Blizzard developers are working on a mobile game. We haven't had a new Warcraft game in over 15 years, and the next in the lineup is for mobile. Damn man, this is so frustrating. It doesn't even have to be Warcraft 4. I'd take an ARPG, new MMO, even a single player Warcraft game. WoW is just so bloated and stale now that it no longer satisfies my Warcraft itch.
    Last edited by Typrax; 2021-02-23 at 06:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •