Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I dont care about mobile games, if thats your poison be my guest. But i really hate to see wow content drought because of this. Sadly thats what we see right now - 9.1 is months away and we are stuck with one raid for more that half a year! Not even raid tier.. one fucking raid

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Cancelled sub.
    I'd really like to know how a new mobile game effects your wow playing experience.

  3. #23
    Probably some sort of warcraft tower defence / clash of clans game. A wonderful idea. It seems all traditional games on PC are going Classic / remaster mode.

    I would not be surprised if they mainly focus on mobile dev in the future. WoW with all the gating and the cosmetics and loot system is been a mobilish game for years.

    Personally I hate mobile game, so I will stick with boomer games (probably Diablo 2 / 4).

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Hmmmm weird that when someone mentions a wow version on consoles people lose their minds about how it could never work on a console because it's such a complicated game with too many buttons (although that's complete bs , controllers have easily enough even for the most complicated classes) but a mobile game being announced and everyone's like "yeah makes sense , sounds good" lmao
    They never said its a WOW version on mobile.... people need to finally get into their head, that Warcraft =/= WOW ... so warcraft mobile game could be anything from RTS, gacha hero battles, tower defense... just with the heroes and lore of Warcraft...

    Hearthtstone is a warcraft game aswell, and i dont see people quitting WOW over it...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Hmmmm weird that when someone mentions a wow version on consoles people lose their minds about how it could never work on a console because it's such a complicated game with too many buttons (although that's complete bs , controllers have easily enough even for the most complicated classes) but a mobile game being announced and everyone's like "yeah makes sense , sounds good" lmao
    well cuz its obviously not a wow port to mobile lol..
    no one thinks that would make sense, its prob a pet battle game or some boring shit

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    I dont care about mobile games, if thats your poison be my guest. But i really hate to see wow content drought because of this. Sadly thats what we see right now - 9.1 is months away and we are stuck with one raid for more that half a year! Not even raid tier.. one fucking raid
    Major patches have been released roughly every 6 months from literally ages, what are you talking about?

  7. #27
    Blizzard's philosophy once was making solid games with engaging mechanics that were easy to pick up yet had a surprising amount of depth and replay value. That was their business model. A mobile game isn't a game. It's a revenue stream, and the exploitative, addictive mechanics these revenue streams are modeled on should make anyone associated with producing them ashamed. It's disappointing.

    I'm still paying my sub though.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    I dont care about mobile games, if thats your poison be my guest. But i really hate to see wow content drought because of this. Sadly thats what we see right now - 9.1 is months away and we are stuck with one raid for more that half a year! Not even raid tier.. one fucking raid
    Sorry if you're too "elite", but my guild still has 4 mythic boss to kill... wtf are you talking about, I dont want a new raid the moment the "progress guilds" beat them.

    Maybe you play wow while watching Twitch, I **** dont care about streamers and actually play the game....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Hmmmm weird that when someone mentions a wow version on consoles people lose their minds about how it could never work on a console because it's such a complicated game with too many buttons (although that's complete bs , controllers have easily enough even for the most complicated classes) but a mobile game being announced and everyone's like "yeah makes sense , sounds good" lmao
    I think you're a little confused here. People dislike the idea of WoW on consoles. This is a Warcraft mobile game, not WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  10. #30
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,636
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Did people get this pissy about Hearthstone? I honestly don't remember. This is the same thing, a mobile game with Warcraft branding, there's nothing to be mad about. A shit ton of franchises do this.
    You bet. People get pissy about anything that Blizzard does. Probably "something something copying Magic the gathering something something milking whales, something something Blizzard used to be different, Activision is the devil"

    Apply to Overwatch and HotS, just copying different games.

  11. #31
    Mechagnome Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    720
    Phones have gotten powerful enough these days that I wouldn't be surprised if wow 10.0 included android support and a mobile touchpad control scheme. Of course the graphic quality would be reduced compared to a modern PC, but there's no reason it couldn't run at lower settings. Along with going free to play this would be the first step on phasing desktop wow out and over the next few years turning it to a completely mobile business model.

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,226
    I still havent forgiven Clayton for trying to capture and sell those gorillas.

  13. #33
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    .... but a mobile game being announced and everyone's like "yeah makes sense , sounds good" lmao
    Erm...nope. People went apeshit and stark raving mad about the announcement of Diablo Immortal (and not only about the "Don't you have phones" part). And people in this thread allegedly have quit WoW about the announcement of a Warcraft mobile thread. They claim to have done so in this thread.

    Actually hilariously pathetic. Imagine getting up, reading about all the shit that goes on in the world, coming to MMO-C, reading about an mobile WoW game and getting so enraged that you log into your account and cancel the sub.

    It is like never buying another iPhone because Apple announced they would also offer a streaming service or something.

  14. #34
    Pit Lord Nutri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    This thread
    Posts
    2,351
    See this as a possible good thing; more exposure for Warcraft, which might get more people to play World of Warcraft. More revenue for WoW, more sustainability. win/win.

    You don't have to play the mobile game if you don't like it. Easy as that.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Amg View Post
    Well a Warcraft mobile game is an extra nail in the coffin to me, canceled my sub a couple weeks back and don’t regret it - haven’t unsubbed since Cata.
    I mean, you are not the target audience, how would Warcraft universe game on other platform would affect you? You sound like a person who would disown their child for being a dancer instead of a doctor.

  16. #36
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Frostcrown, Canada
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean, you are not the target audience, how would Warcraft universe game on other platform would affect you? You sound like a person who would disown their child for being a dancer instead of a doctor.
    As it eats away at the character of the game we all fell for? You go off on your high horse demeaning my opinion/actions, all I’ll say is I’ve started Warcraft before WoW and from Nov 2004 till now. Of course I’ve had my objections with some things in Cata (why I left) as well as MoP - WoD - Legion but at least it still felt like WoW even though it felt like hanging onto a bad ex - and lately with the game design/philosophy/story I do not feel it’s WoW. I still enjoyed the game being a hardcore raider the month and a bit of SL I did get into or casual collecting the things in game beforehand, though not even that saves the practices Acti-Blizz and stale bread on the table we get now.

    I’m not trying to perch myself on a pedestal I was simply stating I do not like the way the new route Blizzard is going on and I will not support it. Yet all you MMO-C bois go straight to the throat like wild dogs.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Erm...nope. People went apeshit and stark raving mad about the announcement of Diablo Immortal (and not only about the "Don't you have phones" part). And people in this thread allegedly have quit WoW about the announcement of a Warcraft mobile thread. They claim to have done so in this thread.

    Actually hilariously pathetic. Imagine getting up, reading about all the shit that goes on in the world, coming to MMO-C, reading about an mobile WoW game and getting so enraged that you log into your account and cancel the sub.

    It is like never buying another iPhone because Apple announced they would also offer a streaming service or something.
    The only reason people flipped shit over Immortal was since people expected a D4 announcement instead.

  18. #38
    basement dwellers when they hear the word mobile

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    Blizzard's philosophy once was making solid games with engaging mechanics that were easy to pick up yet had a surprising amount of depth and replay value. That was their business model. A mobile game isn't a game. It's a revenue stream, and the exploitative, addictive mechanics these revenue streams are modeled on should make anyone associated with producing them ashamed. It's disappointing.

    I'm still paying my sub though.
    Might be true. However we have yet to see any mobile Blizzard game. I'll wait with judging when I see the directions they take. Time will tell. I hope you're wrong.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  20. #40
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,636
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    The only reason people flipped shit over Immortal was since people expected a D4 announcement instead.
    You are free to see it this way.

    But if that is the case, why does Diablo Immortal (or any mobile announcement) still gets shit? Just like @mojusk so aptly put into one gif

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •