Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Wow.

Judgement before we even know what type of game it is, what it's content will be.

All we literally know is it's a Warcraft game on mobile and you're passing judgement without even looking at it.
    I don't know if you've been paying attention to Blizzard's output over the last decade, but this can go one of two ways.

1. Blizzard's crack development team blow the lid off the mobile marketplace with innovation and ideas never yet seen on a mobile platform.

2. It'll be the same as every other mobile RTS-lite, with Warcraft graphics sellotaped over it.

I know which I'm betting on. This has "Cheap shit for China" written all over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    stop wasting dev resources making mobile games that your core audience doesn't give a fuck about and is only there to make that sweet china cash.
    Just because you don't care doesn't mean all of their core audience doesn't care. There are some more traditional games on mobile now with COD, Fortnite, Roblox, Minecraft, etc. There is a large market for quality games on a mobile platform. It has nothing to do with cash from China when many people all over the world do stuff on their smart phones. Including a lot of the younger crowd.

They are not abandoning the PC market. They are just expanding. And to be fair they have already been on mobile for 7 years. That is when they released Hearthstone. Stop gate keeping. Relax and let everyone enjoy a good time no matter where they play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Yay, I payed more than 10k for my pc to play in big screen awesome graphics and good gameplay, now I must buy a phone overpriced, with a micro screen, full timegating fuelled by money
    You do realize that minecraft is pretty much the same even when played on a phone right? That you can have good gameplay on the go. I also doubt your claim of paying more then 10k for your PC while at the same time balking at a phone. You over paid for a PC but won't pay for medium to high range phone? These are the reason why blanket hate like you are expressing is so dumb.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

the point is that maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't be polluting the environment just to save a few bucks cutting corners.

stop wasting dev resources making mobile games that your core audience doesn't give a fuck about and is only there to make that sweet china cash.
    I hope you don't run a business because you would suck at it with this mentality. You are not the only gamer in the world. There is a huge population that are mobile gamers. They would be fools to ignore it to solely cater to you. You are exhibit A of what I was talking about.

because they shouldn't be wasting dev resources making mobile games
    You do know mobile game developers do not have the same skills as a PC game developer, right? Those are two different platforms and tools to work with. That's like saying "Hey, you're good with Windows, aren't you? Then you can fix my Mac OS."

that your core audience doesn't give a fuck about
    You don't give a fuck about it. Others are intrigued, others are ambivalent. Not to mention that same thing could be said about Hearthstone, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm: things your "core audience doesn't give a fuck about."

Because god forbid Blizzard tries to reach a different audience than you, right?

and is only there to make that sweet china cash.
    More money that Blizzard can invest in developing their games on other platforms, like PC. How is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You do realize that minecraft is pretty much the same even when played on a phone right? That you can have good gameplay on the go. I also doubt your claim of paying more then 10k for your PC while at the same time balking at a phone. You over paid for a PC but won't pay for medium to high range phone? These are the reason why blanket hate like you are expressing is so dumb.
    Imagine buying a 10k pc to play minecraft. A game which has no graphics at all. Or roblox shit... jesus christ people, you make me laugh so hard sometimes.

On topic: incoming another one time gated gacha auto battler, but with wow heroes. Thanks blizz, that's exactly what we were waiting for (not).
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Imagine buying a 10k pc to play minecraft. A game which has no graphics at all. Or roblox shit... jesus christ people, you make me laugh so hard sometimes. On topic: incoming another one time gated gacha auto battler, but with wow heroes. Thanks blizz, that's exactly what we were waiting for (not).
    Minecraft is one example of a more traditional game that is also played on mobile with out an energy/time gate. It does have rtx and 4k capability so some systems can't run it at the full potential. That doesn't even cover some mods/texture packs that up the graphics as well.

Would you prefer Fortnite or PubG? The mention of a game had nothing to do with the overpriced computer the person bought. This is another good example of why the mobile hate is dumb. You look for extremes and stupid things to hate on it. You can also stream your steam games to your phone though those are not direct releases. And it is subject to the same stuff as any streaming.

All you are looking to do is gate keep and hate. It is gaming. It should be for anyone. If you don't like the game, platform or anything else? Oh well. Move on. Stop hating something as stupid as a new platform for video games. Your own comment about a gatcha auto battler is plain dumb. Do you not realize that Blizzard has already had a mobile game for 7 years? Hearthstone. Is that anything like you describe? No?

So why does a new game have to be such? Weird right?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-24 at 05:28 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

because they shouldn't be wasting dev resources making mobile games that your core audience doesn't give a fuck about and is only there to make that sweet china cash.
    Except they are not wasting dev resources because obviously different team will work on the mobile game. Just like theres different teams for Diablo, HS and other.

Yay, I payed more than 10k for my pc to play in big screen awesome graphics and good gameplay, now I must buy a phone overpriced, with a micro screen, full timegating fuelled by money
    Yeap, otherwise bad blizz will kill your family and rape your cat if you have one. So better be prepared and buy shinny phone to be ready when it will be released.

I think this makes sense for an RTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    People absolutely did lose their shit over Hearthstone because mobile.

(Diablo Immortal too, but Blizzard deserved it there for being completely tone deaf to their audience and expectations)

I don't know which particular genre of internet hangup this is, gamers yelling at clouds because we're old and don't "get" phone games, or some kind of gatekeeping for gaming platforms, or just another brand of "stop liking what I don't like," but it's fucking dumb. I have zero interest in mobile games personally but it's a massive market and Blizzard would be foolish to ignore it, especially after the great success of hearthstone.
    This isn't new, either. At the same Blizzcon where the Diablo mobile game was announced, Alan Adham was talking how they were going deep into mobile, they had several projects in the works, and that Chilton had moved from the WoW team, to developing a mobile game. There's been many comments since that they're actively working on mobile games. It is what it is. ATVI bought King because it's a money pooping company. To expect Blizzard to ignore that market is just naive.

But it's just the usual crowd crying and throwing a tantrum because Blizzard won't stop trying to make money.

- - - Updated - - -

smartphones may be the future for A LOT of companies, but not for Blizz

They gonna lose what they already have for something they don't have but want to.
    OUTSTANDING MOVE!
    You do understand you don't have to buy anything, correct? You can completely ignore mobile games with your 10k PC (nice flex, btw, I'm sure someone is impressed), and it won't have a single impact on what you choose to play. Are you trying to imply that if they make a Warcaft themed gamed (note they said Warcraft, not World of Warcraft, it could be based on older games), WoW and their other PC games will cease to exist? Stop being silly.

They might lose a few subs to hotheads overreacting to this, but my money is on them growing their income streams with mobile, and it still won't have a single impact on what you choose to play with your (alleged) 10k PC.

So much salt in WoW community.
    Wonder if these people would write the same if their cereal company was making sweets. Omg, why they waste time in making sweets, I want better cereal with more toys in the box... haha
    As someone said on top: if this isn't something you are interested, it shouldn't be done because food is free? Bills are free?
    Get a grip, people, learn what business is

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 4 on mobile, I stand by my comment I made, only it was for Blizzcon, but I still think its happening.

Although I wouldn't mind a pet battle system that uses mobile. :P

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I hope you don't run a business because you would suck at it with this mentality. You are not the only gamer in the world. There is a huge population that are mobile gamers. They would be fools to ignore it to solely cater to you. You are exhibit A of what I was talking about.
    i know exactly why they're doing it. it's literally in my original post. they want money. or, more precisely, their shareholders want money.
    it doesn't matter at what cost to their core audience and core principles it takes, the more money the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know mobile game developers do not have the same skills as a PC game developer, right? Those are two different platforms and tools to work with. That's like saying "Hey, you're good with Windows, aren't you? Then you can fix my Mac OS."

You don't give a fuck about it. Others are intrigued, others are ambivalent. Not to mention that same thing could be said about Hearthstone, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm: things your "core audience doesn't give a fuck about."

Because god forbid Blizzard tries to reach a different audience than you, right?

More money that Blizzard can invest in developing their games on other platforms, like PC. How is that bad?
    actually, no, there is a lot of overlapping work between making a PC game and a phone game. 3D artists are well equipped to do both most of the time, for example. and even tooling devs can too if you're working with something that is multiplatform like vulkan, or in the case of hearthstone, unity.

and as a matter of fact, me and the vast majority of their core audience don't give a fuck about it. if you don't think so, go check their youtube's dislike ratio on any diablo immortal video. hearthstone is multiplatform and plays exactly the same on PC and phones, so nobody has an issue with it, and is in fact a game suited for mobile play. diablo immortal isn't, it's a phone exclusive that siphoned resources from what could be used on their other games. and it's an ARPG played on a phone, controls aren't exactly optimal.

it depends why they are trying to reach a different audience. is it to make their other games better? i'm all for it. is it just to increase margins regardless of what it takes? then no.

also you're delusional if you think that money will be invested back into our games. last i checked a good portion of it was going to bobby kotick's paycheck.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ge-disparities

15+ Year Old Account
    and as a matter of fact, me and the vast majority of their core audience don't give a fuck about it. if you don't think so, go check their youtube's dislike ratio on any diablo immortal video.
    Lol. YouTube ratings don't mean a thing. If it did then the core audience for Blizzard products wouldn't even like Blizzard products. If no one has a problem with Hearthstone when it is suited for mobile play then any other mobile game really isn't a problem. You can't have it both ways. Either Hearthstone fits Blizzard audience or it doesn't because it is a mobile oriented game.

Mr. Kotick made around 40 million in 2019. Activision Blizzard generated revenue of 6.49 billion in 2019. So no much of the money earned by the company does not go to the CEO. That is the problem with you have silly arbitrary rules for what a game by a company has to be. Which is all the mobile development hate is. Silly. And anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. Developing for mobile doesn't siphon resources away because that isn't really how the company has been shown to work.

actually, no, there is a lot of overlapping work between making a PC game and a phone game. 3D artists are well equipped to do both most of the time, for example. and even tooling devs can too if you're working with something that is multiplatform like vulkan, or in the case of hearthstone, unity.
    It's not the same skills, though. Not to mention that your initial statement implied that if Blizzard wasn't developing Diablo Immortal, then those developers would instead be working on developing more things for their PC games like WoW or Starcraft. Newsflash: they wouldn't. Your complaint is no different than saying that "development resources is wasted on the April Fools' jokes".

and as a matter of fact, me and the vast majority of their core audience don't give a fuck about it.
    "Fact". You don't seem to know what that word means. Here's a hint: next time, try to speak only for yourself.

it depends why they are trying to reach a different audience. is it to make their other games better? i'm all for it. is it just to increase margins regardless of what it takes? then no.
    How about "none of the above"? How about "because they want to broaden their audience"?

also you're delusional if you think that money will be invested back into our games.
    Less "delusional" than your belief that if Diablo Immortal wasn't being developed, those mobile game developers would instead be working on developing stuff for the PC platform.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-03-01 at 02:26 AM.

i know exactly why they're doing it. it's literally in my original post. they want money. or, more precisely, their shareholders want money.
    it doesn't matter at what cost to their core audience and core principles it takes, the more money the better.
    You need to realize that you and the PC gamers are not the sole audience nor there core audience anymore. There is no core audience because they are trying to cater to as many audiences as they can. Stop acting like you are the only one they should cater to.

The rest of your response to the other guy was completely BS. All profits get reinvested right back into the company. They do not go into Koticks salary. Also, using Youtube likes to support your case is always a failure. It proves nothing.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-03-02 at 01:49 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    just outsource that mobile game garbo to some literal-who studio in china. they're the ones who want it anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshah View Post
    just outsource that mobile game garbo to some literal-who studio in china. they're the ones who want it anyway.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nue-by-region/

China isn't the only large consumer of Mobile games on the Play and App stores.. These is no reason to hold a game company back from developing for a platform simply because you hate. Relax, play on the platform you like, and let more joy into your life.