Just a suggestion, nihilistic/toxic threads get closed immediately

Nihilistic/toxic in terms of "no morals, no meaning 100% negativity".

These threads go unnoticed for long periods of time and I mean about at least four-five days until a warning is even issued. They go under the guises of:

"Why X is bad"
    "Why WoW is bad"
    "I've lost all interest in X because of Y"
    "Am I the only one who thinks X is boring/sucks?"
    "Is X any good"
    "Blizzard has become X because of Y"
    "Biden is going to X to Y/Z"
    "The Right has done X to Y because Z"
    no not all of these threads arent made to troll people but they are cesspools of negativity. they offer no discussion except to make people either engage in echo chamber and attack anyone with a different opinion or to make everyone just fight and stir up even more negativity.

There's also thread topics that are and arent banned that never go well but somehow stay remain open and are just oceans of negativity.
    such as this one even if it's news:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post53040537
    full of people justifying racism and telling people who are offended to "get over it" how is this positive or constructive in any way?

and this one which has posts where everyone just poops all over Blizzard:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nse-to-a-tweet

What's the point of having these negative threads open? What's the point of even engaging in them? All negative/passive aggressive/nihilstic/toxic/etc thread topics need to be shut down before they even get to page 2.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

So long as they are giving their opinion about the game and/or dev/publisher they shouldnt be silenced. You can't remove what you dislike and don't agree with, you say they create echo chamber while trying to ban them to make your own echo chamber, that is not a solution.

Hmf...the world is full of a-holes... How is it surprising that games have them too?

So just because a thread isn't positive it should immediately be closed? What a great way to nurture meaningful discussion.

Can't wait for the 200-page thread that's entirely *you did good Blizzard, Blizzard so great, I think Blizzard is awesome* - because that is, apparently, more valuable than people saying the opposite. I take authentic negativity over enforced positivity any day of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no room to speak when you create threads like "What do you think about Cancel Culture affecting the Right?" and "Should QAnon be labeled as a terrorist organization?"

What's the point of having these negative threads open?

Now that's a very good question. I'm sure you'll make a "mega-thread" about it soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy who makes terrible threads wants terrible threads locked.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    So just because a thread isn't positive it should immediately be closed? What a great way to nurture meaningful discussion.

Can't wait for the 200-page thread that's entirely *you did good Blizzard, Blizzard so great, I think Blizzard is awesome* - because that is, apparently, more valuable than people saying the opposite. I take authentic negativity over enforced positivity any day of the week.
    "Authentic negativity" Lol I don't trust the OP but...broken clock.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Silence people who's opinions don't match mine 100%"

Yea okay lmao

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Guy who makes terrible threads wants terrible threads locked.
    "Guy who makes terrible threads wants everyone else's terrible threads locked."

Went ahead and fixed that for you.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Our role isn't to enforce specific opinions, and it's not very good discussion to do that. Critical and negative threads are welcome as long as they are constructive and conducive to a discussion among the community.

We already intend to close threads that are just rants/bitching/soapboxing as those seldom result in productive dialogue, which I think covers a lot of what you're complaining about.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |