Who created the First ones? How did the Warcraft Universe Happen? Big bang?

I really love how we started from boring concepts like Arthas Killing his Father and the politics of the boring Azeroth and Now we get to delve into the Warcraft Atomic Structure itself. Who created the first ones? Is this a time paradox? Are we dreaming in Nzoths Mind? Is this even real? Am I really the Champion of Azeroth or is Azeroth a First one? Damn this Story is CRAAAAAZY.

Blizzard has really come along since the early 2000's. Boring stories about a Traveler going East in Diablo 2, the god awful story about 3 races fighting each other across the Kaprulu sector. NAAAAAH GOTTA GO BIG. 3 Races need to fight THE VOID itself in Starcraft 2.

Who is writing this stuff now???? ITS SO MASSIVELY WTF BIG WOW OMG A+ writing.

Damn.... Warcraft you really are getting BIGGGGGG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too am fluent in oozing sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I too am fluent in oozing sarcasm.
    Lol Me Casa Eh SU Casa??

I cant wait to find out who created the Titans. I bet Sargaras is actually working for the people that created the first ones because it was a flawed cycle and that why Sargaras worked witht he jailer to give Arthas Frostmourn so we could start this cosmic chain of events and Sargaras is actually Azeroth all along and Nzoth was tryign to save us.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2021-02-23 at 07:04 PM.

It’s the boss from patch 9.3 who created the Titans I think and next xpac we can one shot him with greens from 10.0 hehe

You're Shifu, I'm Oogway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the first ones may be true gods so they probably were not created by anyone they just exist and always have.

I’ll say it until blizzard reveals it as a “twist”
    The first ones are Argus and Azeroth

The only true sarcasm here is the fact that you are implying that the original Warcraft RTS story was more sophisticated than what we have now. By all means, keep regurgitating the same negative ideas that everyone is using in these forums.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I think the first ones may be true gods so they probably were not created by anyone they just exist and always have.
    Pretty sure they will be retconned to be the pawns/creations of something bigger when Blizz runs out of ideas. Which is quite often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The only true sarcasm here is the fact that you are implying that the original Warcraft RTS story was more sophisticated than what we have now. By all means, keep regurgitating the same negative ideas that everyone is using in these forums.
    Be a bit understanding, dev. For many posters even the idea of the story being bad now is hard to understand. It has always been bad is the second stage. I'm sure we will reach it in 20 days, but let's go with baby steps.

I think the main gripe is that the medieval fantasy war story turned into sci-fi involving outer space and alternate realities. It's a valid concern. One's not more sophisticated than the other, it's just different.

5+ Year Old Account
    It seems like The First Ones created the light and void. I always thought Titans were the first. It's all weird to me now.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-02-24 at 01:17 AM.

God. Prove me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I think the main gripe is that the medieval fantasy war story turned into sci-fi involving outer space and alternate realities. It's a valid concern. One's not more sophisticated than the other, it's just different.
    Warcraft has never been medieval even if you look back at RTS. It has always been about otherwordly threats and technology has been a part of it. My only valid concern is whether they will have the spine to explore the whole cosmic scope of the WoW universe or if they will give in to minorities wanting "simpler" things.

Warcraft has never been medieval even if you look back at RTS. It has always been about otherwordly threats and technology has been a part of it. My only valid concern is whether they will have the spine to explore the whole cosmic scope of the WoW universe or if they will give in to minorities wanting "simpler" things.
    Of course we always had otherworldly threats, but it wasn't 'let's jump on a starship with laser beams' until recently. It was otherworldly threats where we were still in our fantasy medieval world. There's a big difference between having an otherworldly threat looming over your race war and travelling into another dimension or traversing to the afterlife. What data do you have to support that the minorities want simpler things? Or is this just data you made up because it sounds right?

People expecting lord of the rings story from game that ALWAYS had a really one dimensional linear story with cheap twists.

Not boring. Still don't think it is boring and i am not someone who looks for "retcons" in every missnamed squirrel. You know... i like to have fun.

But acting like either wow was some sort of masterpiece of storytelling in games or that we have never been on a cosmic scale.

Or this weird notion that for some reasonon there CANNOT be more. Because we allready have to know EVERYTHING there is....

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    People expecting lord of the rings story from game that ALWAYS had a really one dimensional linear story with cheap twists.
    I mean, WC3 didn't have a linear story or cheap twists.

I understand the OP is being a bit sarcastic, but I honestly...don't want such questions answered, I usually find stuff like that always just feels better as a mystery, when it gets solved, stuff like that always tends to be disappointing and leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I think it'd just be better if there was some stuff we don't get revealed and we finish in shadowlands and go back to and focus on Azeroth again.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    You think they have a plan for a story? They are making things up as they go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It seems like The First Ones created the light and void. I always thought Titans were the first. It's all weird to me now.
    The moment you put rules into how the universe can be displayed, is the moment the universe must follow those rules conceptually.

Start with something like a medicine wheel and you can easily see how there are parallels to the current shadowlands.

Add a fifth plane and the depiction of all 4 areas of the wheel change to accommodate. Its like looking at a color wheel and adding secondary the tertiary colors. Wow, any story begins at those basic colors, but as more are added the individual categories must become more specific to fit the story. Once the peak optimal level of categories is reached, flux occurs the most rapidly until true reality (confined to the prestated rules) is reached. At which point the rules can be criticized and possibly changed (scientific method and the understanding of how matter responds) .

Understanding is the tier of understanding one takes over the whole. More categories ain't necessarily the best. I feel liek war craft was created purely through inspiration rather than tinfoil hat masterclass scheming from day 1. Its just that once the characters encapsulate underlying themes so evidently, the story around them will fall into place increasingly coincically, the accumulation of coincidence points to the more obvious acceptance and development of more specific categorization fitting under the previously stated rules.

The first ones are obsrvational of the traits among the light and the void. They see more than a duality amongst the interaction of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    The Titans went around to order the universe, which suggest that the universe was already there. According to whose design this ordering is happening is unknown. They are more like a Type 3/4 entity on the Kardashev scale, rather then a god entity (which I suppose would be a Type Ω or Type V)