Necro vs Kyrian WW dmg?

I'm currently Necro but thinking of switching to Necro. Is Weapons of Order really that much better than Bonedust Brew?

I basically do pvp and Mythic+.

Thanks in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by Kraygfu View Post
    I'm currently Necro but thinking of switching to Necro. Is Weapons of Order really that much better than Bonedust Brew?

Thanks in advance,
    No clue about PvP so I can't help you there, but for M+ the Kyrian ability is pretty good, the extra Mastery makes you hit a lot harder when you do your rotation right and you gain the ability to do a free BOK after every ability since it's cost is reduced to 0 after RSK and if you can keep the buff up. It is not too easy to do well, and sometimes you will break your Mastery with double BOK, but it is still very strong.
    It is also more versatile then Bonedust I would say, since you can use it on big pulls and bosses alike with very little difference in value. It also pairs very well with Xuen (and Invoker) for a huuuge burst

Additionally you get the Phial, which by itself might just be one of the best abilities of the covenants (if you don't need mobility), a free self-cleanse (even for Bleeds which are not cleanseable otherwise) and self-heal, delivered by one of cutest races WoW has added yet

Fleshcraft is being buffed right now so it depends where that ends up. They did in the newest build already cut back on the Damage Reduction during the channel so there is that.

Hrm. 40% shield front loaded or 20% + dot removal on demand....

Kyrian is by a long shot the best one in PvP because of its immense burst potential. The overall difference in PvE isn't that big but it's a huge difference for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Kyrian is by a long shot the best one in PvP because of its immense burst potential. The overall difference in PvE isn't that big but it's a huge difference for PvP.
    In PvE there's a constant 2k dps variable between Kyrian and Necrolords. Weapons of Order changes the way the spec plays so much and adds so much consistent damage it's hardly a question which covenant to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    In PvE there's a constant 2k dps variable between Kyrian and Necrolords. Weapons of Order changes the way the spec plays so much and adds so much consistent damage it's hardly a question which covenant to go.
    It's important to understand how these statistics work. The best players pick the best covenant and squeeze the most out of it. If the best players picked Necrolord they'd squeeze out more out of it than what existing Necrolord players manage to do. It is not the difference between Kyrian and Necrolord that is 2k dps. It is the difference between Kyrian PLAYERS and Necrolord PLAYERS.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraygfu View Post

Thanks in advance,
    Bloodmallet does runs regularly so you can see what the difference is in damage.

https://bloodmallet.com/chart/monk/w...stingpatchwerk

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    It's important to understand how these statistics work. The best players pick the best covenant and squeeze the most out of it. If the best players picked Necrolord they'd squeeze out more out of it than what existing Necrolord players manage to do. It is not the difference between Kyrian and Necrolord that is 2k dps. It is the difference between Kyrian PLAYERS and Necrolord PLAYERS.
    In a vacuum and datas at hand, on a patchwerk fight, best possible conduits and nodes simmed, there's a 500 dps difference between the first Kyrian soulbind and the first necrolord soulbind.

Weapons of Order comes with a sizable mastery buff and doubles down on an already existing Windwalker mechanic. Bonedust Brew has a nice refund bonus on a niche ability and a sizable rng component.

Necrolord loses in output, consistency and - in my opinion - fun. And it's not easier to use given its nature as a gtaoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    a gtaoe.
    ...a what? Sorry but no clue what that refers to

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    ...a what? Sorry but no clue what that refers to
    Ground targeted aoe.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Area_of_Effect

Big difference is damage

- - - Updated - - -

Is Weapons of Order really that much better than Bonedust Brew?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
    Big difference is damage

- - - Updated - - -

Is Weapons of Order really that much better than Bonedust Brew?

Depends on the content. Necrolords is generally a stronger choice for M+ and Kyrian is generally a stronger choice for raiding. Both can do M+ and raiding just fine though.

It all comes down to the player, how optimized your WW Monk is (secondary stats, weapons/trinkets, play style execution) and what content you’re doing. Both choices are absolutely viable for both M+ and raiding.

For PvP I generally see more Kyrian but don’t sleep on Necrolord WW Monks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile I picked Venthyr because cool armor is cool AF. O_o

Marlieth Soul Conduit

MArlieth has a really nice DPS boost for using bonedust brew, that increase your dmg by 6% on the targets a lil slime attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

MArlieth has a really nice DPS boost for using bonedust brew, that increase your dmg by 6% on the targets a lil slime attacks.

I switched from kyrian to necro, and I love the difference. I mostly do m+, but Trill used necro doing prog raiding? He at least uses necro with good success in pvp.

The biggest win for necro is it's 1min cd, that lasts 10sec. This is great, cause less chance to be fucked by mechanic or walking too next pack etc. It also aligns very nice with all your other cooldowns. With just BDB and SEF I can still dish out some sweet dps, and a lot with the tiger up with it.
    I like to go in, and empty my balls in 10sec and just recover doing mechanics, before I pump again.

I had to ditch my mastery and get a lot of crit and vers for this though.