Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Sounds like you might have addiction issues if you think the game is so bad yet still play.
    This is a lot of people here. They bitch about Blizzard being terrible and having no good games, then in the background go to load up WoW. Personally i still feel they make good games, but new IPs are so few and far between it is mostly just reliant on already established ones. Which unfortunately carry a lot of high expectations (for one i loved the art style of Diablo 3, but now we get to go back to the dingy, unsaturated colors of D2 in D4). They don't make huge crowd killers really anymore, but i don't care about that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Shadowlands sells like good bread and people here are like "Blizzard can't make good games"
    I would argue sell well and good don't always mix

The Last Airbender did FANTASTIC in the box office....but man everyone hated it FF13 is the 5th best selling FF series.
    Game wise there are a lot of gems that ended up being fantastic but sold nothing...Earthbound for the SNES is a great example of this it barely sold at all in the US has a small yet extremely devoted fanbase. There's quite a few classic gems out there that no one's even touched for one reason or another Quintent's entire SNES library for example barely sold a damned thing but is HIGHLY praised.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    With the mass of old games being remastered to feed the hungry nostalgic player
    To be fair, this is far from a Blizzard specific thing, it's pretty much common practice in the industry at this point. And at least Blizzard (for now) is actually reworking properly old games, while many in the industry are churning out remasters and HD re-releases every console generation.

They're also doing it by building specific teams for it and using a lot of outsourcing, it's not like they are doing remasters instead of working on new games.

Games are simply no longer developed out of passion or because developers obviously enjoy doing them
    I mean, how much of that is a conscious personal choice, and how much of it is just an unfortunate consequence of the company growing so big?

I won't claim to know how it is to work at Blizzard, but I would imagine it must be a bureaucratic and organizational hell to get anything done. Add on this the simple fact that game development complexity and time severely increased over the last couple decades.

This is not to excuse them, of course, there's plenty to criticize about Blizzard, particularly with how they as a company treat and reward their employers. I guess my point is that, as unfortunate as it might be, it's not all gloom and doom. It's just different.

Any person changes in 2 decades, let a lone a game studio. Any of the original developers also changed and are vastly different people than they were then. Case in point: plenty of the developers actually seem to be genuinely interested in developing and exploring mobile games, and yet that is received very negatively by the "fans", despite being what those developers are passionate about.

I feel like people are too inflamatory and extremists. Yes, Blizzard changed. Yes they're a money-hungry company that ultimately just wants to make money and doesn't care about the players - sadly that's the vast majority of AAA development studios nowadays. It doesn't necessarily mean the developers themselves as individuals don't care, or aren't passionate about their work, or aren't doing their best to make the best games they can. And quite honestly you need to have very high standards to say Blizzard doesn't create good games anymore. They might not be the best, or even not great anymore, but with the exception of maybe W3R, they're very much still good games by any reasonable standards.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-02-23 at 11:08 PM.

what interests me more is if there are other people who share my opinion
    Why do you care? I do what I want to do without regard of other people agreeing with me. It's very liberating.

But at least you're honest. It's the same desire to fish for affirmation that drives most threads on this and other forums.

Honestly, it is mostly the customer's fault. Personally, I thought that Diablo 2 was great in its time, but it's shit today, kinda somewhat similar to classic in some regard. And yet many people will out of nostalgia buy all these remasters even though the newer games are actually better in most ways. So yeah, Blizz keeps remastering shit, because it's easy money and players hype up remasters more than brand new games.

Also I love Overwatch, dunno why so many people on this forum hate it.

With the mass of old games being remastered to feed the hungry nostalgic player and the criticism that blizzard receives for almost everything that has been released recently, I am not surprised. Blizzard simply lacks developers with a feeling for that certain something, developers who are children themselves and like to develop games, real games.

Games are simply no longer developed out of passion or because developers obviously enjoy doing them, but only so that they don't end up in the red at the end of the year. How can you develop games without much effort to keep the player on the hook, this is what 99% of all game industries are pursuing today. And don't get me wrong, that's fine too. But with the amount with which players are just getting f*cked over it no longer funny.

I also think it is not because blizzard doesn't want to create good games with effort anymore, they just can't. It feels like their games are currently being developed by lawyers and tax advisors instead of real developers with a burning passion for it.

Just wanted to get rid of.

Cheers
    Todays market is about making the most money, Not making the best game.

Just look at the EA sports games and how much money they are making.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

HotS was fun, still is fun. I still play it.

It's just not everyone's jam, and they pushed the esports angle way too hard.

It's a fairly casual moba that's fun for anyone to get into.

People who have played Diablo Immortal have said it's fun too. I don't doubt it, since it seems like D3+ gameplay. Will see what the verdict is when I try it myself; either way I had fun with the Torchlight mobile game for about 6+ months or so, and ARPGs on mobile are HUGE in the global market.

And surprisingly millions of gamers, myself included, disagree with you. I predict now that Diablo II: Resurrected (in 3D) will be just as popular, if not more popular than the original Diablo 2 and if it weren't for the introduction of Rogues into D4, they may very well have screwed the D4 launch with the success of D2 coming back.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Why do you care? I do what I want to do without regard of other people agreeing with me. It's very liberating.
    Yes, that's you, not me. And I don't do anything that others tell me to do. I am only interested in how others stand on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    And surprisingly millions of gamers, myself included, disagree with you. I predict now that Diablo II: Resurrected (in 3D) will be just as popular, if not more popular than the original Diablo 2
    You do know that D2 is outsourced? Which is actually a reason to have more hope for it because said company did 2 good remakes already unlike the dumpster fire that was wc3 reforged. Blizz didnt even dare to mention it on blizzcon. This concludes that d2 likely gonna be good but still not on account of blizz.

On topic steve jobs has a short insightful take on thread topic

Yes, that's you, not me. And I don't do anything that others tell me to do. I am only interested in how others stand on the subject.
    I stand in the "I am pleased with the new direction Blizz is going and will continue to support them" category.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    You do know that D2 is outsourced?
    Almost everything in this country, and others, is outsourced in one way or another, and I would enjoy seeing the factual data showing who it was outsourced to, for how long, and for how much. Since you have the inside scoop, perhaps you could share some verified URLs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Don't play them
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Almost everything in this country, and others, is outsourced in one way or another, and I would enjoy seeing the factual data showing who it was outsourced to, for how long, and for how much. Since you have the inside scoop, perhaps you could share some verified URLs.
    There is no insider scoop. Gaming Sites wrote about it last month. Vicarious Visions is the Company.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    There is no insider scoop. Gaming Sites wrote about it last month. Vicarious Visions is the Company.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=62e093754bef

I took care of it. The verbiage you might want to pay closer attention to is this:

"Vicarious Visions, one of Activision’s most promising small studios, was being fully absorbed by Blizzard and was now entirely focused on working on their projects."

They were bought out, absorbed, and then tasked with the project. That's not outsourcing. It was all done under Blizzard's name, with their own money and supervision. It was the equivalent of hiring a whole new team just to handle it.

To be brutally honest I don't care. I don't need new games, I just want more of WoW.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    To be brutally honest I don't care. I don't need new games, I just want more of WoW.
    Pretty much this. Between WoW and SWTOR, I have enough to keep me busy. When D2 hits, I will likely take a month off from both just to enjoy some nostalgia, but in 3D.

They were bought out, absorbed, and then tasked with the project. That's not outsourcing. It was all done under Blizzard's name, with their own money and supervision. It was the equivalent of hiring a whole new team just to handle it.
    Whether you pay them only for one job or buy them out its the same result. The whole point is they got an entire team outside blizz to get it done right.
    The team that created reforged was dissolved and they got an outside company to do a job they couldn't do internally.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Honestly, it is mostly the customer's fault. Personally, I thought that Diablo 2 was great in its time, but it's shit today, kinda somewhat similar to classic in some regard. And yet many people will out of nostalgia buy all these remasters even though the newer games are actually better in most ways. So yeah, Blizz keeps remastering shit, because it's easy money and players hype up remasters more than brand new games.

Also I love Overwatch, dunno why so many people on this forum hate it.
    I love Overwatch to! Think its a great game, dunno why it gets so much hate.

And yeah, the customers are ofc at fault here. People flock over these old games that are outdated in so many ways. So of course Blizzard takes the easy route and releases them again. Quick money. No need to be creative and taking risks creating new games when you only need to dust off the good old timers.

It will be interesting to see how D2 remastered is shipped and reviewed. WC3 tanked hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Well you are not going to get anything new at a faster pace there. If you are happy with that, cool. It certainly helps if you also like the relaunches of classic & BC.

Dont get me wrong, I too love wow. But I dont play it if I find it boring. I was once hooked on it and would play no matter what. I could go months and find the game rather boring, but I kept subbing and playing(played less when very bored, but was subbed). Such as now with SL. It was cool the first months but quickly got quite boring. So I unsubbed and wont be back in a long while.

Kinda sucks, cause I too want more wow.

Hard to argue all of the current games they have made wouldn't be good, at least to someone. For me it feels like they used to make really specific kind of games for a smaller audience. Now i feel like they've tried to appeal to as many people as possible casting as wide of a net as possible, essentially making games that are still objectively good, just not really made for anyone in specific so that the audience who used to love their games feel like the quality has dipped massively (while it has increased for people that werent fans before).

Quote Originally Posted by Titancore View Post
    Exactly.

Blizzard become one of the game companies that is lower than average. They dont have even have a one decent game but garbage..
    Well, OW is good, WoW is still healthy, HS is still good in millions of players eyes as they deem it worthy over other games to waster their time on.