Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    And, my personal want: -After Sylvanas, we have to run from the Jailer and the Dreadlords Halls of Reflection Style. And while we run, we see the Covenant armies get fucked up by his power, he throws abilities at us from afar while he walks, and we have to run all the way back to the entrance of the raid before he claims us. Then, by the end of the raid, a cinematic plays where we escape the Jailer's grasp, but he finally has all the covenant keys, only needing the Arbiter's key left (Or, Ardenweald's key could be the last one remaining prior to the Arbiters). Either way, the Maw is extra big, and as a final raid consequence, Oribos' skybox is covered by the Maw, and the realms of the Shadowlands get to see the massive ass Maw within the Skybox, similar to Argus in Legion. Hell, to add insult to injury, the Maw could maybe even be seen from Azeroth, but idk. Idek if Blizzard will even do this. This is all just a wish.

They don't even need to do a Halls of Reflection like fight. Just let the Jailer win, we get the fuck outta there, and the Maw's visable within the Skybox, with Oribos being clouded by the Maw. That way, in 9.2, we go the Gardens of Life to get the aid of the Pantheon of Life's help. And then, by 9.3, the Jailer invades Oribos, and we, combined with the forces of Life and Death, defeat him at the Arbiter's seat, with the Arbiter awakening and possibly turning the tides once and for all.
    I like these ideas. It would certainly help to make the Blue Man feel like an actual threat, instead of a creepy old guy with a chains fetish, who prowls on emo teen girls (or at least on someone who dresses, speaks and acts like one) or blonde twinks, and speaks in dumb 1-liners. Because that's all we've seen so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I don't think that the Runecarver will be freed. He's in his own room, which doesn't seem likely to be part of this inner sanctum.

Additionally, from a practical perspective they probably want to keep the legendary crafting in the same place throughout the expansion, not to mention that his room is where the special runeforge is so we'd have to find or make a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I hope that is only a few from Azeroth Ner'zul, KT, Sylvanas and the rest are from other planets. It would be interesting to see some new lore characters and what they did to deserve the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I don't think that the Runecarver will be freed. He's in his own room, which doesn't seem likely to be part of this inner sanctum.

Additionally, from a practical perspective they probably want to keep the legendary crafting in the same place throughout the expansion, not to mention that his room is where the special runeforge is so we'd have to find or make a new one.
    He doesn't even HAVE to be freed within the Raid. Just free him in a questline, and move him to Maldraxxus or some shit like that. That way, players can still do their legendary crafting, but they'll do it in Oribos or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    I hope that is only a few from Azeroth Ner'zul, KT, Sylvanas and the rest are from other planets. It would be interesting to see some new lore characters and what they did to deserve the maw.
    Same tbh. But a lot of guys are prolly going to be guys we know, such as Helya and Mal'ganis (Tho, Mal'ganis is not yet confirmed, and he's not from Azeroth, so he works). I do hope we get guys from other worlds too tho, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I like these ideas. It would certainly help to make the Blue Man feel like an actual threat, instead of a creepy old guy with a chains fetish, who prowls on emo teen girls (or at least on someone who dresses, speaks and acts like one) or blonde twinks, and speaks in dumb 1-liners. Because that's all we've seen so far.
    Sylvanas does act like a fuckin 17 year old or a 20 year old college chick, huh? LMAO

Also, Blizzard did talk about adding more cosmetic changes to skyboxes and all, like with Legion. So, maybe something like Anima flowing through the other covenants, signifying that the drought is gone, or the Maw being visible post-raid, to showcase just how powerful the Jailer's gotten after defeating Sylvanas and (potentially) losing could happen. Either way, I'm really looking forward to 9.1, story wise. Cannot wait to see what occurs here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It is entirely possible in some futures that Alleria goes insane, meaning that it's moreso the "first mortal to defy the shadow's whispers unless proven otherwise". There remains a pretty distinct possibility she's going to lose it in the future. There's no real indication it'll turn out any better for her than anyone else.
    It has also been hinted that Alleria herself realises that she'll eventually go off the deep end. Which is an interesting angle, since if she thinks that she's living on borrowed time (whether that actually comes to happen or not) she might try to rush her glorious plans of an Allied Quel'thalas, thus providing the Alliance some much needed internal issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

MT Gul'dan and AT Gul'dan in the same fight who eventually fuse souls.

The Tarragrue
    The Eye of the Jailer feat. Ner'Zhul (they hinted we'd be surprised at who's behind it, that's my bet).
    Kel'Thuzad
    Sylvanas Windrunner (I imagine Anduin will also be involved in this fight somehow)

A fight with Tyrande (either we're rescuing her or helping her kill someone, potentially Sylvanas)
    Nathanos Blightcaller (assuming he isn't turned into a world boss)
    Something involving Remornia (I imagine similar to the CN KT fight with phases where Denathrius is both inside and outside of the sword)
    Definitely something either involving a giant Shade Dragon or one of those new Torch Giants they're showing
    A fight involving Helya somehow
    A fight against some brand-new generic bosses, either where you fight a named Mawsworn and a named Maw caster

Throw in the standard brand-new characters that show up every raid tier for any of the above that don't happen/are combined into one fight and you have yourself the new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    What about Locus-Walker?
    Ethereals aren't considered mortal anymore, since the Nether's energies warped their bodies. Or was it the Void's energies? Either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Ethereals aren't considered mortal anymore, since the Nether's energies warped their bodies. Or was it the Void's energies? Either way.
    Maybe in X9 but I don't see much relevance for him right now. At least one boss IMO will be a new unique thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe in X9 but I don't see much relevance for him right now. At least one boss IMO will be a new unique thing.
    If X9 is about Light and Shadow, then we could definitely see more of Locus Walker. Especially if Alleria's going insane from the whispers she's getting. X9 could just be a world revamp expac with some Light shit and all, and that'll lead into the Void Lords expac. However, with Blizzard's current storytelling, I wouldn't be shocked if they cram Light and Void into 1 expac, and we get all the Light shit with some Void plots in the first patch or so, and we're basically all Void Lords in the final patches of the expac.

Would be cool if they called X9 "The Great War" or something, especially since the Cosmic War between Light and Shadow is essentially the most important and biggest war within the entire Warcraft Cosmos. Moreso than the Legion, and moreso than the balance between Life and Death rn, apparently.

The Maw is where souls from ALL OF REALITY go. Its stupid that we would even run into ONE major lore character from Azeroth there. Having 3-4 in the raid is beyond ridiculous. These should be beings and entites from far away worlds we've never met.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Cause he was racist. He grew up at a time when everyone who wasn't human, dwarf or gnome was bad, and he couldn't really let that go in his later years. For that he must be thrown to the same pit as irredeamable monsters. Apparently.
    His racism stems from believing that it's the HighElves fault that his town was destroyed by the Orcs. You're making up that part about him growing up in a time when it was ok to be racist...

Him setting the other races aside and putting humanity as the only group to preserve in the Alliance resistance, despite Blood Elves and dwarves helping, going as far as to send the elves on suicide missions and sentencing them and their prince/king/heir to death is kinda deserving of Revendreth.

I have an idea that Artificer from Castle Nathria is going to be in every raid, testing new things on us all the way till the last raid in SL.

Though he might end up as end boss in the mega dungeon but thats not very likely perhaps seeing he has already been a might foe in CN and not really lost his own powers aka Kael in MgT.

Also guessing Helya, and a Tyrande encounter.

Other than that, as we know, KT(called it before launch) Odyns Eye, Sylvanas and Big Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The Maw is where souls from ALL OF REALITY go. Its stupid that we would even run into ONE major lore character from Azeroth there. Having 3-4 in the raid is beyond ridiculous. These should be beings and entites from far away worlds we've never met.
    Draka, Vashj and Mograine are high ranking members of Maldraxxus... it's safe to assume the rest of the universe is shit and only Azeroth(DraenorToo) has anyone of merit. Remember that race that gave the Legion so much trouble? Yeah well we kicked the shit out of the Legion like a lot of times and beat all of their named dudes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stopher121 View Post
    MT Gul'dan and AT Gul'dan in the same fight who eventually fuse souls.
    Fusion-HA!!!!!

Sadly there wont be 2 as they're all apart of the same rope :/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Fusion-HA!!!!!

Sadly there wont be 2 as they're all apart of the same rope :/
    Only if they do the dance.

If they were apart of the same rope, all would be well. Sadly, they're a part of the same rope.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Only if they do the dance.

If they were apart of the same rope, all would be well. Sadly, they're a part of the same rope.
    I fucking hate the whole idea of this rope.

Like say someone is a good person, they're living in Bastion and serving, but all of a sudden one of their evil selfs from another timeline dies and gets sent to Revendreth... like do they just get pulled in there aswell? That's basically the idea of Garrosh who is supposedly better in other timelines.

Shit this is a setup to why we'll never see Uther and BlUther meeting isnt it

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Renault returning as one of the horsemen/council. He backstabbed his father, I think he would make a high-ranking Maw officer.

There are a few potential RP fights. Kael'thas vs Kel'Thuzad, the battle of the KTs. Ysera vs Tyrande. Alexandros vs Renault, Uther vs Arthas/Ner'zhul.
    I mean who was LEGITIMATELY sent to the maw that we even know of? I mean there are inquisitors and others who did far worse than a lot of the bad people we have on Azeroth. Why would Renault be in the maw when the Accuser herself slaughtered many innocents and even killed her own daughter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The whole WOD thing should come with an asterisk: “guys just don’t think about it too hard”.

They wanted to do some stuff in that setting so they made up a crazy storyline to get us there.
    The storyline of WoD was fine until they said there was 1 legion for all timelines. That was the point where it made ABSOLUTELY no sense and opened so many plot holes that it HAD to be Metzen who championed that idea in their meetings because he probably simply thought it sounded cool like when he said "HAVE YOU SEEN THE CATACLYSM?!?!" when asked why us killing Yogg and Cthun did nothing even though in game literally says DW caused every big of the Cataclysm's upheaval due to breaking the world pillar and then flying around and it had nothing to do with their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I fucking hate the whole idea of this rope.

Like say someone is a good person, they're living in Bastion and serving, but all of a sudden one of their evil selfs from another timeline dies and gets sent to Revendreth... like do they just get pulled in there aswell? That's basically the idea of Garrosh who is supposedly better in other timelines.

Shit this is a setup to why we'll never see Uther and BlUther meeting isnt it
    I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be that you get judged based on the totality of involved timelines, so you don't get shifted around. Garrosh just got punted to Revendreth from the start.

Though Uther's situation is different. His soul actually got split when he died, and it isn't entirely clear what happend to the part stuck in Frostmourne.

I'd love to see Bolvar helping us against Anduin over Arthas soul, aka "The battle of 3 Lich Kings".

Gul'dan.
    One of the most evil characters, if not the most.
    I don't believe he was fel-infused enough to be sent into the Twisting Nether/Argus.