Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret pallys pushing high keys - any tips?

I have great burst and can top the charts with AW + Sepharim but off-cd I am struggling to maintain good dps. Any advice?

Need more info here,are you kyrian or vent?What are "high keys" for you?What legendary do you have...

Quote Originally Posted by FakePizza View Post
    Need more info here,are you kyrian or vent?What are "high keys" for you?What legendary do you have...
    I am venthyr, looking at +12 to +15 region.

Go empyrean power and Divine purpose. Never Seraphim in mythic+. You will have great aoe and sustain dmg even when no cds ready.

And play Kyrian, it will up your dps by 500 overall in dungs.

Play a different class

When posting, please remember to actively contribute to the topic of the thread. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2021-02-24 at 01:47 PM.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Play a different class
    best advice ever, now can you kys pls?

Please refrain from inferring that another user should harm themselves. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2021-02-24 at 01:46 PM.

Paladin has been always known for their excellent burst dps but mediocre sustained one. I belive you are having the same experience as most Retrys out there. Don’t know if there is a build more focused in sustained dps but then you would lose part of your burst and overall it might be worse.

The tips should be given by you! How a non meta dps spec is pushing high keys at all? Looks ppl strugles a lot to find keys if they are not FMage BDruid or MHunter

1.Righteous Verdict
    2.Empyrean Power
    3.Pick what you want really,I would go with Fist of justice
    4.Unbreakable Spirit
    5.Divine Purpose
    6.Selfless Healer
    7.Santified Wrath

I would guess you also have divine storm legendary.

Thats what i use for my ret spec,going for all +15 for ret now then moving to prot as final spec.I would suggest that you do not hold on to cds.If theres big enough group pop wings and start with divine storm spam.Ret can do insane amount of damage,do not listen to the usual "lol ret,reroll nab..." idiots that say otherwise.Ret is more than capable clearing +15 np in pugs.

I'm not sure what soulbinds/conduits are there for venthry,but everything comes down to timing your cds and know when you will get most use out of it.Some affixes you might think you need to be more careful or step out for a moment....use your BUBBLES and stay in to dps.

Also use those instant heals you get,its better to spend your global to heal up instead of risk dying in certain situations
    Last edited by FakePizza; 2021-02-24 at 02:52 PM.

Check Raider.io Mythic leaderboard for Retries High keys
    Pushing 18+ Keys
    Using SERA/ES/FR (Kyrian) (ringing Clarity) (Virtuous Command)
    took me while to adapt the mechanics in each dungeon
    IMO, having mini burst every minute and big burst every 2 minutes felt way better than Dp especially in Tyrannical affix .

I think the best feature of this xpac is how I want to be kyrian for ret and venth for prot. Oh well looks like Blizz had other plans.

Yea, I know, kyrian works well for prot too, but I'm the jackass that listened to all the morons telling me it won't matter. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    I have great burst and can top the charts with AW + Sepharim but off-cd I am struggling to maintain good dps. Any advice?
    I'm playing keys in the range of +16 to +18 lately and here's what helped me most bridge the gap of +15 and move onto the higher ones:

Plain and simple, switch to Kyrian I was Venthyr up to Covenant level 28 without missing any week on covenant progression. Then decided to swith to Kyrian for M+ and RBG PvP. This switch helped immensely because from 2min burst and 4 min mega burst you will turn into 1 min burst spec.

Seraphim has great synergy with Divine Toll and Final reckoning and the PvP (main stat on use, 1 min CD) trinket.

With this you'll be able to pull some serious dps every 1 min, and amazing dps every 2 mins (with wings). And this works amazingly well in M+, especially on fortified weeks. Ofc use the Divine Storm legendary here.

On Tyrannical weeks you might want to throw in Execution Sentence in the mix for ST focus. Magistrate's Judgement might be best for Kyrians using this build on these weeks, not sure. However, I am using Mad Paragon simply because I don't have MJ, which also remains very solid option but it does not sinergize as well with ES.

With the changes above, my dps went from average 4.6k in m+ (and I was lagging behind mages 1k in dps) to 5.6k where I would pull almost the same or even sometimes beat by 100 or 200dps mages, hunters and boomkins.

So, I would strongly encourage you to reroll Kyrian.

Also running 16-18 keys, as ES/Sera/FR. I agree with Svetyac's assessment concerning Venthyr and Kyrian; while Venthyr slaps mega hard every 4 mins, Kyrian slaps hard every damn minute. Every trashpack you'll have and ES/Sera/FR/Divine Toll combo ready to absolutely smack the living daylight out of anything.

While it matters little for raiding, the differences between Venthyr and Kyrian are minor there, Kyrian is just so much better in every other situation. Sit too long on Venthyr's covenant ability and you start losing massive gains quite fast, pop it too soon and that's a massive 4minute CD gone.

Kyrian on the other hand is, due to its 1 minute CD, very difficult to use at the wrong time. You basically always have it when you need it. On top of that, Kyrian is pure (mobile!) burst, guaranteeing that you make the full use of its damage every time you use it.

I just wish the Kyrian plate armor set didn't look so damn bad.

edit: Starting 9.0.5 I recommend running TV legendary for ST and Tempest Legendary for AoE as Kyrian. MJ is a solid good alternative for ST.
    Last edited by Elkas; 2021-03-10 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkas View Post
    edit: Starting 9.0.5 I recommend running TV legendary for ST and Tempest Legendary for AoE as Kyrian. MJ is a solid good alternative for ST.
    Great insight all around, but why the TV legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Great insight all around, but why the TV legendary?
    It was buffed so it looks competitive for a single target legendary.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It was buffed so it looks competitive for a single target legendary.
    Ah I didn't see that. I'll check it out. Just fixed a big with it apparently double dipping on DP too.

If you want to be optimal in mythic plus, you need to go kyrian. Divine toll has a short cooldown and it's huge AoE.
    Wings and Hashen hollow have long cooldowns, you will not have them up for every pack.

Reading the posts above, i agree with the feedback. ES/Sera/FR. Might feel odd at first. I recommend making a quest sequence macro cause you have to pop several CD's in sequence. But, once you get used to it, you will rock it. It's amazing to have 1m cooldowns.
    You do line them up btw. So 45s cd's you delay to use with the 1m ones.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-03-12 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    If you want to be optimal in mythic plus, you need to go kyrian. Divine toll has a short cooldown and it's huge AoE.
    Wings and Hashen hollow have long cooldowns, you will not have them up for every pack.

Reading the posts above, i agree with the feedback. ES/Sera/FR. Might feel odd at first. I recommend making a quest sequence macro cause you have to pop several CD's in sequence. But, once you get used to it, you will rock it. It's amazing to have 1m cooldowns.
    You do line them up btw. So 45s cd's you delay to use with the 1m ones.
    Mind sharing the macro? I'd give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by FaxiDerp View Post
    Go empyrean power and Divine purpose. Never Seraphim in mythic+. You will have great aoe and sustain dmg even when no cds ready.

And play Kyrian, it will up your dps by 500 overall in dungs.
    I'm doing just fine with Seraphim/Sanc with Mad Paragon on my ret. I normally out dps rets with Tempest leggo..... I'm also Kyr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FakePizza View Post
    1.Righteous Verdict

5.Divine Purpose
    You dont find DP too RNG? It doesn't proc when I would really like it.... I actually LOOSE dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    Check Raider.io Mythic leaderboard for Retries High keys
    Pushing 18+ Keys
    Using SERA/ES/FR (Kyrian) (ringing Clarity) (Virtuous Command)
    took me while to adapt the mechanics in each dungeon
    IMO, having mini burst every minute and big burst every 2 minutes felt way better than Dp especially in Tyrannical affix .
    I was doing FR way back in early Dec before it was popular. I loved it but found it too "clunky". Having to place the FR was botherson.... and sometimes I' miss click and it hits nothing. I'm running Sera/Sanc and I feel better

Seraphim pull way more ahead than divine purpose the amount of stats that gives makes the class hits harder DP is an easier version but IMO DP needs a buff (not dmg but the proc) even sims on hectic add cleave / Dungeons slice : Seraphim / FR still a winner
    on low Keys yea i can go DP just for Fun but on high keys having a buff stats every 45 sec is way better especially on tyrannical
    fighting a boss for 3.5/ 2.5 min while speccing DP you'll drop down on dmg meter after your burst even if you had 3 DP procs in a row it won't pull you up
    but on seraphim/FR/ES even if you drop down once you had the 1 minute cooldown again it will pull you up on your dmg meter Especially if you got some high crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    I was doing FR way back in early Dec before it was popular. I loved it but found it too "clunky". Having to place the FR was botherson.... and sometimes I' miss click and it hits nothing. I'm running Sera/Sanc and I feel better
    You can drop FR where you stand without using aim reticle:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@player] Final Reckoning