22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Tom Holland is the balance for me, good Peter and good spider man, while i think Tobey had the best Peter and Andrew the best spider man(just think second movie made him dirt)
    This is actually something you and I agree on.

And ASM2 was Sony seeing possible money and putting all its eggs into one basket.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

That's funny Darth, I was going to quote the same bit and say it was a good description of it in a way I'd never thought about.
    Still not fond of Tobey though lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    That's funny Darth, I was going to quote the same bit and say it was a good description of it in a way I'd never thought about.
    Still not fond of Tobey though lol.
    people like him because he did a good job back then, and nostalgia, i think a lot of people, especially "nerds" or someone who read comics could relate to his life in someway or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    This is actually something you and I agree on.

And ASM2 was Sony seeing possible money and putting all its eggs into one basket.
    asm2 just made no damn sense with all the plots going around, green goblin being forced and Gwen dying just for drama, that final was obnoxious

7+ Year Old Account
    asm2 just made no damn sense with all the plots going around, green goblin being forced and Gwen dying just for drama, that final was obnoxious
    Pretty much. The Rhino really had no bearing to the overall plot (Literally could have just be a random thug and served the same purpose), Green Goblin wasn't needed (Harry was fine, but he didn't need to go villain just yet).

It was such a mess, and what is worse is when you look into all the cut scenes and realize how much more of a mess it could have been. They cut the most of the subplot dealing with Peter's parents and the reveal that Peter's father is still alive.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Gwen dying was the only part of that movie that made sense.

And, as bad as it was, it was still better than Spider-Man 3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

How is ASM2 better than Spider-man 3? I am not saying either is good, but ASM2 is a complete mess while Spider-man 3 is a disappointment.
    –The Sith Code

How is ASM2 better than Spider-man 3? I am not saying either is good, but ASM2 is a complete mess while Spider-man 3 is a disappointment.
    They're both complete messes. But the way they handled the symbiote (I won't even call that thing Venom) in SM3 is criminal. Making Sandman Ben's real killer was more forced drama than Gwen dying (at least Gwen dying is canonical), Harry's pointless debut (and death) as the Green Goblin, Peter just letting the Sandman go after he helped kill Harry. And topped off with another huge helping of Kirsten Dunst's terrible acting.

Sandman is the best part of the movie...but that was not the movie for him to be in. Venom is more than enough villain for a Spider-Man movie. It's even more pointless than forcing Rhino into ASM2 (which was because, at the time, they were going to push forward with a Sinister Six movie).

It's the worst Live-Action Spider-Man. And that include that show from the 70's and the Japanse Spider-man with his power rangers Robot.

7+ Year Old Account
    They're both complete messes. But the way they handled the symbiote (I won't even call that thing Venom) in SM3 is criminal. Making Sandman Ben's real killer was more forced drama than Gwen dying (at least Gwen dying is canonical), Harry's pointless debut (and death) as the Green Goblin, Peter just letting the Sandman go after he helped kill Harry. And topped off with another huge helping of Kirsten Dunst's terrible acting.

Sandman is the best part of the movie...but that was not the movie for him to be in. Venom is more than enough villain for a Spider-Man movie. It's even more pointless than forcing Rhino into ASM2 (which was because, at the time, they were going to push forward with a Sinister Six movie).

It's the worst Live-Action Spider-Man. And that include that show from the 70's and the Japanse Spider-man with his power rangers Robot.
    Fair enough.

But, part of the Venom problem is that Raimi was forced to use him. It was supposed to be New Goblin Harry and Sandman, with maybe the Vulture. Raimi doesn't like Venom (he personally finds Venom to be boring or uninteresting, I don't remember exactly.) The original Spider-man 3 didn't even have Venom in it.
    –The Sith Code

Never seen a movie causing this much hype.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Never seen a movie causing this much hype.
    It is honestly causing more hype than Endgame or Infinity War did.
    –The Sith Code

Fair enough.

But, part of the Venom problem is that Raimi was forced to use him. It was supposed to be New Goblin Harry and Sandman, with maybe the Vulture. Raimi doesn't like Venom (he personally finds Venom to be boring or uninteresting, I don't remember exactly.) The original Spider-man 3 didn't even have Venom in it.
    I know that Raimi was forced to use him. It doesn't make the movie any better. Studio interference is the same reason for why ASM2 is so bad. It's why I was so happy when Sony decided to partner with Marvel for the new films. And they still almost blew up that deal after FFH...thankfully they pulled their heads out of their asses.

I would probably have enjoyed the original plan for Spider-Man 3, you might have enjoyed the original plan for ASM2 ...but we'll never know because those weren't the movies that were released. Maybe they should do an episode of "What if..." based on that concept :P
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-09-18 at 10:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know that Raimi was forced to use him. It doesn't make the movie any better. Studio interference is the same reason for why ASM2 is so bad. It's why I was so happy when Sony decided to partner with Marvel for the new films. And they still almost blew up that deal after FFH...thankfully they pulled their heads out of their asses.

I would probably have enjoyed the original plan for Spider-Man 3, you might have enjoyed the original plan for ASM2 ...but we'll never know because those weren't the movies that were released
    It is why I am worried about Into the Spider-verse 2 because Sony kind of just let the creator make a fun movie and now they see it was successful, I am afraid they are going to push too hard in the sequel and ruin what made the first one fun. Also, the female Into the Spiderverse spin off movie is already being plan. Sony needs to slow down and release they are making the same mistakes again.

Part of the deal with Disney is that Sony can use and get help from Marvel Studios on their movies like Venom 2 and the like. So, Sony stands to lose a whole lot more than Disney does when it comes to Spider-man. However, given that they have a streaming deal until 2026 for Disney+, I see them signing a new deal with Disney again.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-18 at 10:19 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Part of the deal with Disney is that Sony can use and get help from Marvel Studios on their movies like Venom 2 and the like. So, Sony stands to lose a whole lot more than Disney does when it comes to Spider-man.
    Yeah, and eventually they figured that out....but they did almost blow up the deal. And it wouldn't surprise me if they do it again at the end of this latest contract.

Fair enough.

That may be so, but we judge the final film, not what it could be. And funny if sometimes semi-forced memes about Bully McGuire aside, it's a pretty damn bad movie, especially after the last one.

Having binged all three not too long ago... hot damn is Dunst's constant screaming annoying in all 3 movies. She's hot and all but jeez she made some scenes hardly bearable and brought to attention just how common "the villain kidnaps Mary jane to make Spider-Man come to them" is as a plot device. By contrast some of the CGI and fight scenes hold up pretty well across the board, considering the first movie is almosy 20 years old now.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and eventually they figured that out....but they did almost blow up the deal. And it wouldn't surprise me if they do it again at the end of this latest contract.
    I agree there.

If they do it, that means more bad Spider-man movies for fans or Disney will call their bluff and accept their outrageous offer to buy the rights back. During the last contract dispute, Sony said Disney could buy the rights back for 10 billion dollars (clearly throwing out a number they know that they won't accept.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That may be so, but we judge the final film, not what it could be. And funny if sometimes semi-forced memes about Bully McGuire aside, it's a pretty damn bad movie, especially after the last one.

Having binged all three not too long ago... hot damn is Dunst's constant screaming annoying in all 3 movies. She's hot and all but jeez she made some scenes hardly bearable and brought to attention just how common "the villain kidnaps Mary jane to make Spider-Man come to them" is as a plot device. By contrast some of the CGI and fight scenes hold up pretty well across the board, considering the first movie is almosy 20 years old now.
    Honestly, Dunst is one of those actors that always seem like they play one character because that is all they know.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

It's actually not really a big plot device in the comics. But Raimi uses it in all 3 of his SM movies.

Honestly, Dunst is one of those actors that always seem like they play one character because that is all they know.
    Indeed, which is fine for some actors. You go see Will Smith be Will Smith and Tom Cruise be Tom Cruise (unless he's in Tropic Thunder), and that's OK. But Dunst is seemingly typecast as the annoying chick and that gets quite old after a while.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

ASM2 was way worse than Spider-Man 3. The only memorable thing from it was Gwen dying. Sandman killing Ben added more to both characters and allowed Peter to move past it. Spider-Man 3 is twice as old as ASM2 and all I can remember from ASM2 is Gwen dying and blue Jamie Foxx while Spider-Man 3 I can remember most of the movie. What has poorly handled about the symbiote? The thing came from space and was vulnerable to sonic waves.

I agree there.

If they do it, that means more bad Spider-man movies for fans or Disney will call their bluff and accept their outrageous offer to buy the rights back. During the last contract dispute, Sony said Disney could buy the rights back for 10 billion dollars (clearly throwing out a number they know that they won't accept.)
    If it were me, I'd do it. It's ridiculously overpaying of course. But, again to me, getting Spider-Man back completely under Marvel's jurisdiction would be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What has poorly handled about the symbiote? The thing came from space and was vulnerable to sonic waves.
    They mishandled the character. Yeah, he had the weaknesses and the origin is close enough...but the character was entirely wrong.

7+ Year Old Account

my poblem is with how she died, it made no sense, green goblin was like a little kid screaming around while the "the adults were talking"

and come on, spider man 3 was way better than the amazing spider man, just for having venom and the emes it was something way more interesting to watch

Plus, i think the moment with sandman was a good ending for the movie.