Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    personally same that mentor position was not my fav, but I'm not a comic person, so that may have been a reality.
    No. Parker was never mentored by Stark. That was a recent thing for the appeal of Robert Downey. Parker had his own genius that has never been shown in the movies unless it was for comparison to Stark. (a stupid move imo. The Marvel universe in the comics is full of geniuses)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No. Parker was never mentored by Stark. That was a recent thing for the appeal of Robert Downey. Parker had his own genius that has never been shown in the movies unless it was for comparison to Stark. (a stupid move imo. The Marvel universe in the comics is full of geniuses)
    Yeah, he only goes to a magnet school and created the web fluid and his own web shooters. Dude is the star of their Academic Decathalon team while being distracted by hero stuff. But they totally never show any of his genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, he only goes to a magnet school and created the web fluid and his own web shooters. Dude is the star of their Academic Decathalon team while being distracted by hero stuff. But they totally never show any of his genius.
    Yeah, he is so smart that in order to disassemble an alien blaster that destroys concrete he whacks the thing with a hammer. In the school during machine shop class. What could go wrong?
    Last edited by segara82; 2021-02-25 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Yeah, he is so smart that in order to disassemble an alien blaster that destroys concrete he whacks the thing with a hammer. In the school during machine shop class. What could go wrong?
    When something is badly damaged whacking it with a hammer can be one of the few methods that works to disassemble it.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Not like the MCU is known for its Villains anyway.
    So he's...he's like Iron Man, but he's a...a bad guy, a bayd Iron Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

When something is badly damaged whacking it with a hammer can be one of the few methods that works to disassemble it.
    Did you also think suicide squad was an accurate representation of archeology when the hula hooping witch/archeology character just straight up opened a jar in a cave destroying it
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Did you also think suicide squad was an accurate representation of archeology when the hula hooping witch/archeology character just straight up opened up a jar in a cave destroying it
    Weird strawman. All I was saying is they’ve shown Peter’s intelligence and it’s not insane to hit twisted metal with a hammer to break it apart.

Weird strawman. All I was saying is they’ve shown Peter’s intelligence and it’s not insane to hit twisted metal with a hammer to break it apart.
    He doesnt seem that smart. In fact he nearly kills his entire class with tony's sunglasses.

Hes close to homer simpsons levels at times.

He doesnt seem that smart. In fact he nearly kills his entire class with tony's sunglasses.

Bullshit. He didn’t know how the glasses worked and, as a panicky kid, got himself into a bad situation. Spider-Man has been known to do that shit.

I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    So he's...he's like Iron Man, but he's a...a bad guy, a bayd Iron Man.
    "ALL OF SPIDER-MAN'S VILLAINS ARE AFFECTED IN A WAY! AND LOOK AT HOW WE CHANGED THANOS SO THAT HE NOW FITS WITH TONY'S CHARACTER ARC BY SHARING SIMILAR ASPECTS TO OUR BELOVED CHARACTER!"

no. ew. wtf? that's disgusting, and ruins the whole point of these marvel characters being unique...

I just hate it. Then again, I still find the MCU much better than whatever slop the DCEU's barfing out rn. So, ye. Maybe I just hate Superhero Movies? Idk.

- - - Updated - - -

He's also 15-16, and panicky. So, no?

Bullshit. He didn’t know how the glasses worked and, as a panicky kid, got himself into a bad situation. Spider-Man has been known to do that shit.
    Playing with technology you dont know how to use. And techonology that has the most powerful weapons known to man = not smart.

Playing with technology you dont know how to use. And techonology that has the most powerful weapons known to man = not smart.
    Yeah. Tony Stark is a moron. Likewise with Bruce Banner. Not sure what this has to do with Peter since he never did that shit.

Yeah. Tony Stark is a moron. Likewise with Bruce Banner. Not sure what this has to do with Peter since he never did that shit.
    You cant just say a character is smart, you actually have to show it. "Hes the top of the class while not even trying!" "I made these blasters" yeah cool, but then you're shown as a bumbling idiot every time you're on screen. Its the same problem that shitty movie artemis fowl had, where we're just told hes a genius and are supposed to believe it meanwhile doing jack shit to prove it. Tony Stark built the iron man suit in a cave = now we know hes a smart character not because they show him on magazines as smartest man of the year awards.

Gotcha, was being open-ended, as I really don't know greater comic knowledge. Anyway, I agree with you all, mentoring was dumb imo. Learned about The Bat who Laughs the other day, talk about extreme blending for a new angle, which furthers proves my thought of anything can exist in comics after 80 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Gotcha, was being open-ended, as I really don't know greater comic knowledge. Anyway, I agree with you all, mentoring was dumb imo. Learned about The Bat who Laughs the other day, talk about extreme blending for a new angle, which furthers proves my thought of anything can exist in comics after 80 years.
    They're going to have to figure out how to fit in Richards and Doom. Both of which are a few levels higher in genius than Stark.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    uh didn't it happen in the civil war event in 2006? iron movie didn't come out until 2008?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    uh didn't it happen in the civil war event in 2006? iron movie didn't come out until 2008?
    I think it was New Avengers, but it’s been a while since I read the comics from that era. So 2005 or 2006, still long before Civil War in the MCU.

You cant just say a character is smart, you actually have to show it. "Hes the top of the class while not even trying!" "I made these blasters" yeah cool, but then you're shown as a bumbling idiot every time you're on screen. Its the same problem that shitty movie artemis fowl had, where we're just told hes a genius and are supposed to believe it meanwhile doing jack shit to prove it. Tony Stark built the iron man suit in a cave = now we know hes a smart character not because they show him on magazines as smartest man of the year awards.
    would you rather they made Peter Parker a Mary Sue level character. Someone who knows how to do everything, has all the answers and never makes mistakes? I agree, there are ways to show intellect that they are missing. But to say he is Homer Simpson levels? Not seeing it. He's smart but in the body of an emotional and hormonal teenager. Those qualities don't usually work together.

Besides, they could have gone the Artemis Fowl route of "showing" genius...

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    would you rather they made Peter Parker a Mary Sue level character. Someone who knows how to do everything, has all the answers and never makes mistakes? I agree, there are ways to show intellect that they are missing. But to say he is Homer Simpson levels? Not seeing it. He's smart but in the body of an emotional and hormonal teenager. Those qualities don't usually work together.

Besides, they could have gone the Artemis Fowl route of "showing" genius...
    Its like they just go through a check list instead of creating interesting characters.

-he's a super genius check.
    -he's awkward with girls so he's relatable with the teen crowd even though he's a super smart athletic dude with perfect skin check.
    -he's humble and in awe of the other avengers for lots of one liners check.
    -he's lacking self confidence in his abilities but has no problem being dragged into space to save his friends.

Its like pick a lane already

Is it a comic book thing? All the 'home' is kind of an odd trilogy theme, please don't reply with why each one is a version of home...