8 6.35%
  • ★★★☆ [3/4]

22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure where you got that idea, I never indicated as much. Just that your advice in this case isn’t worth much. And if you find more enjoyment in being surprised, hanging out here discussing possible spoilers is a weird move.
    I got the idea that you were in favor of actively seeking out spoiler information from that time when you repeatedly defended actively seeking out spoiler information. Maybe I misunderstood you?

Anyway, I enjoy being surprised, but I also enjoy discussing and speculating about upcoming movies. So it's a risk I take.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    ooooor...now hear me out, this is a crazy idea I know, but...maybe just wait till the movie is out and be surprised by what/who is in it?
    why would people be surprised if he is already leaked? in 4k???

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, more leaks, a image of the Sanctum santorum Prison with the villains, we now know well 5 of then, the sixth still is a mystery(no pun) it could be either Rhino or Mysterio, who faked his death, but it is probably Rhino

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_2xw0wUYBEeuaM?format=jpg&name=medium[/IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_2w6tfUcAM_iZL?format=jpg&name=medium[/IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_2xgZkVgAY9Pkc?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_2xhrKUUAEz8JS?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_2xiu_VEAg3_i2?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

Also, there is a rumor saying the first 30minutes of the movie was leaked, but i think it was bs, the post just said stuff we already knew from another leak already posted here, that leak, have big chances of being true, as things there happened in the trailer, and it was posted 1 month before.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    why would people be surprised if he is already leaked? in 4k???
    You tell me. You are the one asking Sony to let him say it. Why would it matter or why would you care if Sony allows him to say it or not if it's already been confirmed?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

7+ Year Old Account
    You tell me. You are the one asking Sony to let him say it. Why would it matter or why would you care if Sony allows him to say it or not if it's already been confirmed?
    because it is cringe of him to keep denying when we already know, the worst secret ever.

because it is cringe of him to keep denying when we already know, the worst secret ever.
    If we already know, then why do people keep asking? Is it not more cringe to ask a question when you already know the answer?

~ Daryl Davis

7+ Year Old Account
    If we already know, then why do people keep asking? Is it not more cringe to ask a question when you already know the answer?
    because some people still are skeptical about, ti would be better to come clean

because some people still are skeptical about, ti would be better to come clean
    But why be skeptical? Just wait until the movie comes out and you'll know.

~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So I just found out today that Tom Holland isn't coming back after this movie

...why??? With happened?
    some young punks are trying to sue marvel.

best case scenario they get a little bit of mention in all the spider-man comics and shit

this is disney, the company that has singlehandedly fucked over copyright for DECADES in order to keep mickey mouse out of public domain by funding politicians

theyre not gonna let someone steal spider-man

ditkos dead his grandkids dont have any claim to his characters its just a moneygrab

considering tom holland has a cameo in an upcoming movie i doubt hes leaving anytime soon

- - - Updated - - -

also ive never watched asm2 but i have a feeling gobo and electro are the only real villains in this movie out of the 6 so far.

unless ock succumbed to the claws again

and i guess lizard but hes more like a feral animal

sandman i could see being motivated to see his daughter again but i dont think he'd be a true villain
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So I just found out today that Tom Holland isn't coming back after this movie

...why??? With happened?
    his contract ends in a third movie and possibly another marvel crossover movie. But its more likely that they will sign a new one, especially if venom 2 and spiderman3 make success.

But also, there is the problem that @Immitis talk about, but yeah, is likely that disney turn things around.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    some young punks are trying to sue marvel.

best case scenario they get a little bit of mention in all the spider-man comics and shit

this is disney, the company that has singlehandedly fucked over copyright for DECADES in order to keep mickey mouse out of public domain by funding politicians

theyre not gonna let someone steal spider-man

ditkos dead his grandkids dont have any claim to his characters its just a moneygrab

considering tom holland has a cameo in an upcoming movie i doubt hes leaving anytime soon

- - - Updated - - -

also ive never watched asm2 but i have a feeling gobo and electro are the only real villains in this movie out of the 6 so far.

unless ock succumbed to the claws again

and i guess lizard but hes more like a feral animal

sandman i could see being motivated to see his daughter again but i dont think he'd be a true villain
    There was a case similar a few years back where Marvel retained the rights to the characters as the courts rules the "creator" was either an employee or contractor hired by the company to create the character therefore the character rights belong to the business not the individual.

However, that case was appeal to the Supreme Court and RBG was considering it prior to it be settle outside court and Marvel retaining the character.

This isn't just Ditko, Stan Lee's family is pulling it and another whose name escapes me at the moment.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-25 at 12:15 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Don Rico, Don Heck, Larry Lieber, and Gene Colan
    Lieber I think was the one I saw name in the article I read.
    Wouldn't surprise me if there is more.

It is going to depend on what court hears the case on what happens.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that’s who Marvel is suing over the rights to their MCU characters.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/transa...rs-2021-09-24/
    I don't know why you stressed who suing who.

All I mentioned was the word case.

And that family of people are pulling the rights. Not suing for them
    –The Sith Code

Prefacing that I'm not a lawyer--but how could the family possibly win this? The characters were created while their 'creators' were working for Marvel. It's a 'work-for-hire' contract situation. Quick research shows that there's quite a few of these in the past--largely lost by the families due to the previous logic (but a few settled out of court).

This feels like nothing more than a cash grab from heirs to try to get Marvel/Disney to settle and toss some money their way. They can't possibly want long-term litigation on this (which Marvel/Disney can easily afford to drag out).

I guess worst case, Marvel/Disney would just buy the rights back if they lost them (though for way more money)--but that just doesn't seem likely.

I dunno--this feels like a non story of some heirs trying to milk some settlement cash out of something they didn't contribute to it all. But it's their right to try, and would give their families generation-changing wealth if they won (and probably some nice $ if they settle), so fair play.
    Last edited by Espo; 2021-09-25 at 01:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Prefacing that I'm not a lawyer--but how could the family possibly win this? The characters were created while their 'creators' were working for Marvel. It's a 'work-for-hire' contract situation. Quick research shows that there's quite a few of these in the past--largely lost by the families due to the previous logic (but a few settled out of court).

This feels like nothing more than a cash grab from heirs to try to get Marvel/Disney to settle and toss some money their way. They can't possibly want long-term litigation on this (which Marvel/Disney can easily afford to drag out).

I guess worst case, Marvel/Disney would just buy the rights back if they lost them (though for way more money)--but that just doesn't seem likely.

I dunno--this feels like a non story of some heirs trying to milk some settlement cash out of something they didn't contribute to it all. But it's their right to try, and would give their families generation-changing wealth if they won (and probably some nice $ if they settle), so fair play.
    Given the Law and prior cases are on Marvel's side, it would be difficult but not impossible.

A prior case nearly made it to the supreme court (RBG was considering it, before it was settled prior to the SCOTUS hearing it).

I agree though, this feels more like a money grab than actually defending the rights of the creators.
    –The Sith Code

From little i could gather the various estates are pulling the rights to such important characters like Peter Parker/Spiderman and Doctor Strange since they feel Disney is not giving them their fair share of all the billions those characters bring in with the (recent) movies, games and whatnot.
    You can debate which side is greedier than the other, there are no angels here. There is too much money involved.

I am no contract lawyer, and Disney has some of the best on their payroll, but should the Mouse NOT settle then at least 1 of those cases will end up before SCOTUS. Considering that they rather paid last time than risk this someone high up must have decided that the risk is real/big enough.
    And with all the MCU projects already under way I expect a quick resolution by giving the estates more money. The House of Mouse does not have the cash reserves for a prolonged legal fight on so many fronts and only a single loss would ruin their MCU plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post

They're trying to lay claim to it due to how after death ownership works in the US for copyright(public domain) except they seem to be under the impression the works were owned by the creators when it clearly wasn't the case. Due to company ownership seeming to be the case, there won't ever be a case of public domain with those so they cannot claim ownership unless it's taken from Marvel which is what I think they're trying to do. These characters will last a very long time and could reasonably hit the after death time limit(70 years I think) and still be widely used characters, so they're trying to win this in order to keep ahold of their monetary interests.

The families have no case. I haven't done IP/copyright law since the bar exam, but this seems pretty cut and dry. Even if they were "independent contractors" like they like to claim, the characters were printed under Marvel's imprint. These weren't independent comics later bought or absorbed by Marvel which the creators now want to re-assert rights over, in a licensing-type case. They were made for Marvel, used by Marvel, and produced by Marvel's money. But they're not even independent contractors by any standard definition - they were employees. And the law is clear on that: if you are an employee of a company tasked to create something, and/or you create something within the purview of your employment for that company - the company owns what you create. The works are clearly owned by Marvel (and thus Disney).

This reeks of Stan Lee's family being pissed he got scammed out of his money and wanting a crack at the billions.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This reeks of Stan Lee's family being pissed he got scammed out of his money and wanting a crack at the billions.
    Remember, this is the American legal system we're talking about - you don't necessarily need to have a case, or merit, or a snowball's chance in hell to sue someone. Or get something to court. Or win. Or (and this may well be what's the end goal here) to annoy someone enough they offer you a settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Remember, this is the American legal system we're talking about - you don't necessarily need to have a case, or merit, or a snowball's chance in hell to sue someone. Or get something to court. Or win. Or (and this may well be what's the end goal here) to annoy someone enough they offer you a settlement.
    Yeah, my dad worked for a company on the NASDAQ and they would settle suits all the time just to not have to pay blood-sucking lawyers like me to litigate it for a couple years. :P

(I am not a lawyer of the blood-sucking variety.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The families aren't the ones bringing the lawsuit. They are exercising their alleged right under the copyright law to state after 2 years they'll be taking the characters back.

Disney/Marvel is suing saying the claim is fraudulent and that the characters were produced under the Works For Hire provision.

Side note: There are people complaining Disney is trying to change copyright law again, but the Works For Hire Provision predates Disney as a company (And nearly Walt Disney himself). Which was why Disney didn't have the rights to Oswald the Lucy Rabbit character he created (Disney now has the rights, but not being of this law), because he created it while working for another studio.

The kicker is these families recognize the works were made under the Works for Hire provision of copyright law, they argue that the law is outdated and should change. Something per above, Disney themselves didn't do when it came to Oswald (a character they knew Disney wanted to have the rights to.)
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-26 at 02:22 PM.
    –The Sith Code