• ★★☆☆ [2/4]

8 6.35%
  • ★★★☆ [3/4]

22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean regarding the post credit It was kinda disappointing consider, the Venom 2 ending, It made me feel like Venom was gonna play a bigger role. But I get what they are doing they are setting up the "Black suit saga" for the MCU if you think about it, peter is Alone, hes lost May, Tony, his friends. He has noone now and has ALOT of anger with how he was going to kill GG, so I can see this Venom seaking him out and bounding with him to feed off that rage. Im curious to what direction this will take, and i can tell the next one is gonna be REALLY dark

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if spoiler or not but I'll cover it in case. Also maybe unpopular opinion inside.

So I just saw the movie, and while I did like it and thoroughly enjoyed myself... its no where near as good as people are calling it... maybe its just me. I am still not sure if its even the best Tom Holland/Spider-Man movie either. probably on Par with Far From Home? Because I haven't been a fan of Tom Hollands Spider-Man movies so far, they have always been so 50/50 with me on enjoyment, the good stuff is very good while the bad stuff is just me sighing and saying 'man that could have been done so much better before' I think my problems with No Way Home lays in my problems rooted in Hollands Spider-Man in general from the beginning.

Others problems include the dialogue for the other franchise Spider-Man and villains, except Doc Ock and a little bit of Norman Osborne, everyone else just spoke very weirdly. Especially Maguire and Garfiend's Peter Parkers. Their introductions felt very off they didn't seem like the spider-Men I remember from the other movies. Also the action scenes were very jumpy, like I got dizzy a few times watching this movie, that might be my personal issues with motion sickness, but I never had this sort of stuff affect me in movies before, like the camera is constantly moving, I wish it would try and keep the action scenes more focused, I don't know if it was bad CGI and they were trying to hide by compensating but it hurt.

Also the comedy, once again, this is a Disney/Marvel problem but the comedy is ruining these movies, not that the comedy is bad, actual I do get a few laughs, but its the timing, the constant use of comedy to break a serious moment you are trying to let sink in. It feels like every time Marvel do this in their movies it annoys the hell out of me. Let the emotional moments sink in stop trying to jump in with the jokes, it doesn't work. Also there was way too much Ned Leeds. He is to No Way Nome was Kat Dennings was to Thor 2 Its unbearable, sometimes he gets laugh but he long overstays his welcome in this movie.

Also good points, the action when it wasnt making me want to throw up, was very good, I liked the high stakes at just seeing all the villains and seeing Spider-Men from the other movies was pretty good and seeing everyone in the cinema get excited for Maguire was a feel good moment, despite my own personal issues with the execution

Outside of that. Holland, is good as Peter Parker, the one thing that keeps me coming back to these Spider-Man Movies is Tom Holland, the romance between Holland and Zendaya is adorable. She may not be Mary Jane but she is great as her own character and I have fully accepted her, actually I liked her in the previous movie so she won me over long ago. But those two are the best. Also the Story itself is very good, I love these sort of stories, and it shows Spider-Man has grown as a character, he isn't that kid anymore.

There are also other problems I have with the movie, but its just me ringing the same bells with the previous movies so I wont repeat myself. Otherwise a pretty decent Spider-Man movie that isn't the best, but it tries.

If I had to rate it. Maybe a 6/10
    (or 2 and a half stars according to the poll)
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-18 at 02:59 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Spider-Man 2 is still my favorite overall but I think this was the best Holland movie by a wide margin. A lot of my issues with the MCU Spider-Man like him being 'carried' by others, relying on technology and very little stakes or consequences were pretty much all fixed in 5-10 minutes of this movie. Whether you wanna call him Iron Man Jr or Spider-boy or whatever in the previous two, I felt this movie he really stepped into the Spider-MAN role and it felt like he had to deal with a lot of issues that the character struggles with. Without getting into spoilers I also think the last few minutes sets up a really exciting future for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    While I do think it is overhyped, your rating is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    If you go by just the rating and by not reading my review then yes you are right, its very ridiculous.

Unless you haven't see the movie in which case don't read my review... although if you haven't seen the movie then you shouldn't be calling my score ridiculous... but I digress.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-18 at 03:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if spoiler or not but I'll cover it in case. Also maybe unpopular opinion inside.

So I just saw the movie, and while I did like it and thoroughly enjoyed myself... its no where near as good as people are calling it... maybe its just me. I am still not sure if its even the best Tom Holland/Spider-Man movie either. probably on Par with Far From Home? Because I haven't been a fan of Tom Hollands Spider-Man movies so far, they have always been so 50/50 with me on enjoyment, the good stuff is very good while the bad stuff is just me sighing and saying 'man that could have been done so much better before' I think my problems with No Way Home lays in my problems rooted in Hollands Spider-Man in general from the beginning.

Others problems include the dialogue for the other franchise Spider-Man and villains, except Doc Ock and a little bit of Norman Osborne, everyone else just spoke very weirdly. Especially Maguire and Garfiend's Peter Parkers. Their introductions felt very off they didn't seem like the spider-Men I remember from the other movies. Also the action scenes were very jumpy, like I got dizzy a few times watching this movie, that might be my personal issues with motion sickness, but I never had this sort of stuff affect me in movies before, like the camera is constantly moving, I wish it would try and keep the action scenes more focused, I don't know if it was bad CGI and they were trying to hide by compensating but it hurt.

Also the comedy, once again, this is a Disney/Marvel problem but the comedy is ruining these movies, not that the comedy is bad, actual I do get a few laughs, but its the timing, the constant use of comedy to break a serious moment you are trying to let sink in. It feels like every time Marvel do this in their movies it annoys the hell out of me. Let the emotional moments sink in stop trying to jump in with the jokes, it doesn't work. Also there was way too much Ned Leeds. He is to No Way Nome was Kat Dennings was to Thor 2 Its unbearable, sometimes he gets laugh but he long overstays his welcome in this movie.

Also good points, the action when it wasnt making me want to throw up, was very good, I liked the high stakes at just seeing all the villains and seeing Spider-Men from the other movies was pretty good and seeing everyone in the cinema get excited for Maguire was a feel good moment, despite my own personal issues with the execution

Outside of that. Holland, is good as Peter Parker, the one thing that keeps me coming back to these Spider-Man Movies is Tom Holland, the romance between Holland and Zendaya is adorable. She may not be Mary Jane but she is great as her own character and I have fully accepted her, actually I liked her in the previous movie so she won me over long ago. But those two are the best. Also the Story itself is very good, I love these sort of stories, and it shows Spider-Man has grown as a character, he isn't that kid anymore.

There are also other problems I have with the movie, but its just me ringing the same bells with the previous movies so I wont repeat myself. Otherwise a pretty decent Spider-Man movie that isn't the best, but it tries.

its prob just you, its as good as people calling it.

- the classic lines are a letter to fans of the old movies, they were not forced and gave the nostalgia we needed.
    - Tobey and Andrew were amazing, i don't know what you are talking about, Garfield is almost the same as he was in his last movie and Tobey did a perfect job doing the old-spider, someone batte-scared giving the moral support to this new peter, kinda like the into the spider-verse thing and why so many people loved the interaction.
    - Action was supposed to be different using different angle cameras that were used in old movies, like the tentacle shots of Octavius claws
    - Humor, yeah, its a disney movie, trying to get all kinds of public, but isn't even that bad here, and it was well dosed with the emotional stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its prob just you, its as good as people calling it.

- the classic lines are a letter to fans of the old movies, they were not forced and gave the nostalgia we needed.
    - Tobey and Andrew were amazing, i don't know what you are talking about, Garfield is almost the same as he was in his last movie and Tobey did a perfect job doing the old-spider, someone batte-scared giving the moral support to this new peter, kinda like the into the spider-verse thing and why so many people loved the interaction.
    - Action was supposed to be different using different angle cameras that were used in old movies, like the tentacle shots of Octavius claws
    - Humor, yeah, its a disney movie, trying to get all kinds of public, but isn't even that bad here, and it was well dosed with the emotional stuff.
    Its a personal thing bottom line. I aint gonna sit here and say my opinion is fact or be a contrary and say 'I have the right opinion' kind of guy. I am totally aware people love the movie and thats fine. Personally I liked it well enough. The MCU Marvel movies have been in a strange spot for me since Homecoming. And I will be the same whenever X-Men arrives. Spider-Man and X-Men franchises will just get me being so snobbish to the property. Disregard me if I was you,. I am not gonna be swayed. But I do feel very jealous I don't enjoy it as much as I see other people enjoying it.

the people in my cinema screening obviously loved it, there was a lot of cheers and emotional moments in my sitting, and its good enough people enjoy it more than me. Its just my opinion. I still liked the movie. I didn't hate it, a lot of people view 6/10 as bad I view it as an above average movie that I enjoyed.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-18 at 06:25 PM.

I was thinking about Rogue One and how that movie fell completely flat for me because it felt like a movie where if you took the fan service out, everything just crumbled like a house of cards. I felt like that was all that movie had to offer. With No Way Home, all the fan service stuff is great, but even if you look at the other parts of the movie I felt they nailed it. The Peter/MJ relationship in this is the strongest and most interesting in the 3 movies, MCU-Aunt May actually has something to contribute aside from being eye candy for Happy (and everyone else) and Peter goes through some hardships that we think of when we think of Peter Parker and the way he comes through it is satisfying.

I think you also gotta give props for how they handle characters brought back. I was hesitant because the Raimi trilogy is holy grounds for me but they brought back Dafoe as the Goblin and he topped his performance in the original and felt scarier and more dangerous, and more batshit insane. I loved how they handled Doc Ock and I also liked the fact that Sandman isn't really evil as much as he just wants to go home.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How so. I would consider 6/10 better than average.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

9/10 from me excellent.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? 6/10 is still a positive score?

So what the hell was Electro doing there? They even pointed it out in the finale that Electro didn't know his Spider-Man was Peter Parker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Because even positive, that is a low score for this movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Depends the person grading/seeing. When I see 6/10, I see the person saying the movie was merely better than average, but not good.

And something like Rotten Tomatoes would view that rating as "Not Fresh" as a 7/10 or (3.5/5 stars) is fresh rating.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-12-19 at 02:36 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I mean regarding the post credit It was kinda disappointing consider, the Venom 2 ending, It made me feel like Venom was gonna play a bigger role. But I get what they are doing they are setting up the "Black suit saga" for the MCU if you think about it, peter is Alone, hes lost May, Tony, his friends. He has noone now and has ALOT of anger with how he was going to kill GG, so I can see this Venom seaking him out and bounding with him to feed off that rage. Im curious to what direction this will take, and i can tell the next one is gonna be REALLY dark
    To be fair, with this movie's context, Venom's presence didn't make sense to begin with. The spell brought people from other universes who knew that Spidey was Peter Parker. How in the hell did Eddy Brock / Venom know that ? I don't think Spider-Man was even mentioned at all in Venom's movies

10+ Year Old Account
    Because even positive, that is a low score for this movie.
    For you maybe, there is no factual rating for this movie, or any movie. Not everyone is gonna like something as much as you. but once again, I liked the movie fine. We all have our own way or ranking things, my way of ranking may not seem to be your way of ranking.

It was a 'good' movie, and for me '6/10 - good/above average', '7/10 - very good', '8/10 - Excellent', '9/10 - a must see near perfect movie', '10/10 - perfect/classic'...

If your 6/10 means rubbish movie don't recommend then thats your score system, but everyone's 6/10 will be different.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    To be fair, with this movie's context, Venom's presence didn't make sense to begin with. The spell brought people from other universes who knew that Spidey was Peter Parker. How in the hell did Eddy Brock / Venom know that ? I don't think Spider-Man was even mentioned at all in Venom's movies
    it was explained in venom 2 post credit scene, the symbiontes have a hivermind across the multiverse that share 8 billion light yers of knowledge, of some crap like that, Venom from another multiverse, the one from Tobey maguire knew that Peter Parker was Spider man, so this Venom would knew too by shared knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

For you maybe, there is no factual rating for this movie
    there is a lot of factors to determine if the movie was good or not, even if the movie was not good for me, i can acknowledge the movie surpass average by things like acting, special effects, passing, plot.

Just by Willian Dafoe acting is, to me, insulting saying this movie is only a 6 out of 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was explained in venom 2 post credit scene, the symbiontes have a hivermind across the multiverse that share 8 billion light yers of knowledge, of some crap like that, Venom from another multiverse, the one from Tobey maguire knew that Peter Parker was Spider man, so this Venom would knew too by shared knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

there is a lot of factors to determine if the movie was good or not, even if the movie was not good for me, i can acknowledge the movie surpass average by things like acting, special effects, passing, plot.

Just by Willian Dafoe acting is, to me, insulting saying this movie is only a 6 out of 10.
    Yes goblin was one of the things I think vastly improved on the original, but even if he was a 10/10 part of the movie doesn't mean the movie was a 10/10.

If this movie is a 10/10 to you, first that's your opinion, and second I would recommend you watch more than just super hero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's why the end credits scene of venom is so important. He talks about the vast knowledge he has and offers Eddie a peek into it. Venom has an insane amount of knowledge that he describes as "hive knowledge". So things he himself hasn't experienced but any other symbiote lifeform may have experienced.

So, the venom that knew peter parker in Toby's universe is likely connected to this venom.
    Last edited by TrollHunter3000; 2021-12-19 at 06:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes goblin was one of the things I think vastly improved on the original, but even if he was a 10/10 part of the movie doesn't mean the movie was a 10/10.

If this movie is a 10/10 to you, first that's your opinion, and second I would recommend you watch more than just super hero movies.
    i don't know how you take that there is only two options, 10/10 or 6/10

you know that there are more numbers between those right?

- - - Updated - - -

Movie did so well, only behind endgame, and i say it was because pandemic, cause otherwise it would be the first easily.

Rumors didn't stop there and there is talk about how this was not the last time we see Tobey and Andrew in their costumes, and, they may even get continuation in their own movies

A movie to close the chapter for Tobey spider, like Logan was for wolverine, would be awesome.

Spider movie with Andrew to set up a Miles or a sinister six would be amazing as well