Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Nah dude he doesn't look like he's on roids so he's just a lithe little boy going to prom, c'mon. Can't be "manly and rugged" or whatever unless your arms are thicker than your head or something I guess.
    Bathing and shaving is not manly. And is unrealistic in a game where the moon is a prison for a city sized dragon. Don't tell him how much attention real Vikings gave their hair according to historical evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Bathing and shaving is not manly. And is unrealistic in a game where the moon is a prison for a city sized dragon. Don't tell him how much attention real Vikings gave their hair according to historical evidence.
    lolwut. We aren't stuck in the dark ages dude, some of the manliest men in the world are clean shaven and bathe daily. Rambo really messed y'all up.

5+ Year Old Account
    lolwut. We aren't stuck in the dark ages dude, some of the manliest men in the world are clean shaven and bathe daily. Rambo really messed y'all up.
    Yeah as BD said I'm making fun of justandulas and others like him.

Nah dude he doesn't look like he's on roids so he's just a lithe little boy going to prom, c'mon. Can't be "manly and rugged" or whatever unless your arms are thicker than your head or something I guess.
    You also have to not bathe and be covered in grime, or the fake Hollywood version thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Is this trolling, or a joke?
    No? That's what I think a masculine and attractive man looks like. He certainly doesn't seem "soft" or "dainty" as far as my definitions of those words are concerned. To me that looks like the kind of guy who drives a truck, can fix my car, and would protect me from a wild bear.

Does being attractive have to mutually exclusive with being masculine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeah as BD said I'm making fun of justandulas and others like him.
    My bad, hard to tell sarcasm over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I will bookmark this post of yours and show it to my friends if they should ask me whether they should play FFXIV or not. Then they can make up their own my mind up on how they will be treated in-game in FFXIV.
    If your "friends" decide not to play because I pointed out that you're a liar and will make up negative things about FFXIV to desperately try and make WoW look better, then good riddance. The FFXIV doesn't need toxic players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, yes and no.

XIV's dungeon design is actually much more "gitgud gogogo" than WoW's. The fastest way to get people to start saying things like, "omg what are you doing plz go" is to be a tank in XIV and not pull wall-to-wall.
    Uhhh what? I have never once been urged by people to go as fast as possible in all of the tanking I've done on my now level 74 paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If your "friends" decide not to play because I pointed out that you're a liar and will make up negative things about FFXIV to desperately try and make WoW look better, then good riddance. The FFXIV doesn't need toxic players.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhh what? I have never once been urged by people to go as fast as possible in all of the tanking I've done on my now level 74 paladin.
    This is the equivalent of someone talking about m+ dungeons and you saying that nobody rushes you in normal dungeons. Expert and max level dungeons are definitely focused on speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This is the equivalent of someone talking about m+ dungeons and you saying that nobody rushes you in normal dungeons. Expert and max level dungeons are definitely focused on speed.
    He was claiming all dungeons are designed to go as fast as possible "unlike WoW". And that's just....a wild statement. In my experience, I have NEVER been urged to basically speedrun dungeons in FFXIV like I have been in WoW.

It's not that wild. Talk to anyone that tanks regularly in XIV, and they'll tell you that "wall-to-wall" pulling is the expectation of most groups. And the dungeons are all pretty well designed for exactly that.

Not so much at very low levels because AoE DPS isn't as great - and there are a couple dungeons where the tuning is such that it can be unduly hard on healers - but generally speaking the "wall-to-wall" style is the accepted norm.
    I tank regularly. "wall to wall" pulling is not always expected at all. Even when I'm going slowly, I'm never ever told to speed up. And as I said, I have a level 74 paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    This doesn't look "soft" or "dainty" to me:

He looks like his eyebrows are painted on his face.

5+ Year Old Account
    My bad, hard to tell sarcasm over the internet.
    No prob. Shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    This doesn't look "soft" or "dainty" to me:

Honestly, he really does. That's little muscle mass compared to just low body fat.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's fair. I can't tell you what you've experienced.

You just might be the only person I've heard say that, though!
    I usually only tank 2-3 mobs. Maybe 4. I main Ninja so I know how much it sucks when the tank runs away from Doton, runs till your hyoton runs out and generally asks you to fight a dozen mobs with overlapping AoE markers, with a lmited AoE toolkit. Whenever I tank to level alt jobs, I always tank like I want my tanks to do it. Granted I always tell them to ask me to pull more if they want to, but they never do. Maybe I'm just lucky, dunno. I play on EU datacenter, if that helps.

Well, that's fair. I can't tell you what you've experienced.

You just might be the only person I've heard say that, though!
    I dunno. I'm part of an FFXIV discord and asked if people are ever urged to rush through dungeons and pretty much everyone said no. Sounds like you've just gotten into crappy groups.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I tank regularly. "wall to wall" pulling is not always expected at all. Even when I'm going slowly, I'm never ever told to speed up. And as I said, I have a level 74 paladin.
    I've seen a tank told to speed up twice today, hell I saw it happen in the run I was just in.
    In fact, I would go so far as to say in my experience the only time you don't w2w even in pugs is when the tank or healer are obviously brand new or *insert Aurum Vale meme*.

Further with respect to your comments on toxicity, you're making a fairly classic FFXIV player mistake. Just because the absolutist chat policy (generally) prevents players being toxic to you that doesn't mean they're not being toxic.
    The policy only protects people's feelings, it doesn't make the community better
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Honestly, he really does. That's little muscle mass compared to just low body fat.
    He really does and its hilarious that they are so offended and argue against it. Between the hair highlights, the painted on eyebrows, the facial hair that doesn't even look like he can grow properly, the earings, the skinny jeans, the hand on the hip, or the outfit ripped out of Stewie Griffin's dreams.

I can't imagine why anyone would think that looked feminine.... /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I've seen a tank told to speed up twice today, hell I saw it happen in the run I was just in.
    In fact, I would go so far as to say in my experience the only time you don't w2w even in pugs is when the tank or healer are obviously brand new or *insert Aurum Vale meme*.

Further with respect to your comments on toxicity, you're making a fairly classic FFXIV player mistake. Just because the absolutist chat policy (generally) prevents players being toxic to you that doesn't mean they're not being toxic.
    The policy only protects people's feelings, it doesn't make the community better
    Once again, I have a level 74 paladin. I have never once been told to speed up. As a matter of fact, I've been told to SLOW DOWN because the healer couldn't keep up.

And I didn't make any mistake. Saying that the chat policy just prevents people's feelings is utterly asinine. It makes the community better because now the toxic jerks aren't allowed to be nasty to people unless they want to get hit with a ban.

See, you keep saying "feminine" but you really mean something else. You must just think that one is more acceptable to level as a criticism than the other thing.
    No, i mean feminine.

You are also proving another point i've made in this thread that FF14's community is, by far, the most thin skinned in the mmo genre.

Notice how i've said i dislike the art "But if you like it that's fine". I'm not pushing my opinion on you. I've said how i feel, and somehow that's an afront to FF14 players

The pace of combat can be agonizingly slow. Thats my biggest gripe about it. I played the game for years and did semi-hardcore raiding.
    But compared to WoW's pace it feels like a slug.
    I do enjoy the fact their raids have no-where near the amount of trash to clear like WoW however.
    The only other grip I really had was dungeons re-scaling you down to that level with max level players regardless. That shits annoying. I.E. for random dungeon ques.

- - - Updated - - -
    @justandulas
    I can absolutely attest to the thin-skinned FF14 playerbase in this game lol.
    The vast vast majority of these people seriously cannot take a joke, and take themselves way too damned seriously in a game. Shits ridiculous.