Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    I'm not sure how the humans look like "china dolls". Child looking race? Like gnomes, lol. I don't know how you can make the argument for furries when you have WoW that has cows, pandas, and foxes.
    minotaurs are not cute cattle, and i don't think pandas or foxes should be in WoW tbh. i'll be the first to agree with that entirely. The foxes, in particular, feel grossly out of place.

And you can't compare gnomes, which look like short 50 year olds, to the lalafell or w/e they are called in ff14 which legit look like children.

Why not have moogles or something instead of some creepy child like race?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    minotaurs are not cute cattle, and i don't think pandas or foxes should be in WoW tbh. i'll be the first to agree with that entirely. The foxes, in particular, feel grossly out of place.

And you can't compare gnomes, which look like short 50 year olds, to the lalafell or w/e they are called in ff14 which legit look like children.

Why not have moogles or something instead of some creepy child like race?
    Minotaurs, lol. You can try and justify it all you like. They look like derpy cows.

7+ Year Old Account
    One thing I really came to dislike is the glamour system

The whole store this into a glamour dresser by spending an item that you have to buy
    And then having a LIMIT on how many appearances you can store...
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

i've played quite a few jrpg games. while not much of an rpg, the one that most sticks with me is an older game. i think it was called shinobi. ff14 is just so generic feeling compared to other rpg games. even none jrpgs feel more unique. that's the biggest reason i didn't last long past 60. the gameplay is solid and the qol features are amazing. but man, the art style and setting just can't draw my attention.

lack of fmv or any kind of video thats worthwhile to give a feeling for the game, this feels more like a huge step backwards to time before fmv i final fantasy games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not enough waifu women lore characters i need more
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Outside of daily dungeons and weekly raids there isn't really a whole lot to do unless you raid. Raiding defines the endgame, and I don't find that all too interesting.

Also the only way to level a character efficiently is to do Deep Dungeon-esque stuff. I feel like it's a downgrade from Fates.

I do enjoy the main story system. It's probably the best part about this game as an MMO for me. The story is okay, although a lot of it feels filler.

came back this weekend to try it out... things I don't like

1) the flying system - yeah ok why in older content do I need to still find the rather currents... do it like WoW so older expacs no longer have a requirement you can just fly.

2) rez system - forget to update your location and bam you rez on the side of the world, holy run back batman (even with teleports).

3) interface still feels dated but its FF and feels like FF Games so super minor

planning to keep playing MSQ and see if I get up to current ...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

In no certain ranking order:

1) Homogenization - While this is also a good thing because it helps to make things more balanced, it is kind of a bummer that you don't have diversity. I loved Drk in FFXI and now if I want to play one, I have to be a tank.

2) Community - By far, the worst community of any MMO I've ever played, and I've played a lot. The most unwelcoming, condescending, bullying and berating community I've experienced. I feel bad for all the new players I've seen get bombarded with absolutely unnecessary rude comments for nothing more than asking questions, trying to get their feet wet. I know some people have said it's a great community but many others have replied that the "this is a great community" evaporates once you leave town and reach level 15 and they're not wrong.

3) MSQ - While this too is also a good thing, it's loooooong. And skipping it would make me feel like I'm missing out on a lot of good stuff but if you're interested in what's really going on and you join in now, you've got a LOT of reading to do.

4) FATE Exp - I love these things but they're not as rewarding as they should be. I wish you could efficiently level up doing them. Right now, as others have said, deep dungeons are the most efficient. A person should be able to do whichever they really love doing without feeling like they're "doing it wrong."

However, there is one thing about this game over WoW that I love... that there are not so many streamers/sycophants. I can go days talking in FFXIV without hearing someone say "According to XxStreamerxX... the correct way to do it is..." Not trying to blanket hate on streamers but it seems so many have lost the ability to think for themselves without relying on what some pleb with a webcam thinks.

My favorite class can't play with other people, the community is one of the worst communities I've ever been a part of and mandatory railroaded quests with a price tag to enjoy anything else. No addon support and static rotations definitely don't help things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    One thing I've noticed that's pretty hilarious is how often the FF14 reddit has threads just shitting on WoW. Like you need to talk shit about your last game to be accepted into the new community. I was reading one this afternoon just filled with completely false information and for the life of me I don't understand why its not ok to like both. It's been some time since I've been to the WoW reddit, but I doubt there is multiple posts a week about how wonderful WoW is over FF14.
    The FF14 community is just jaded WoW players and FF14 is the rebound guy. I feel bad for the legit fans of FF14 who just jumped in because they love FF and the franchise and the game on its own, but those toxic former WoW players are making their community look terrible. You literally see them everywhere, it's like a cult.

Right now? something stupid and thats the lack of any shield on my thaumaturge :3

A more serious? fucking assholes standing on top of quest givers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The FF14 community is just jaded WoW players and FF14 is the rebound guy. I feel bad for the legit fans of FF14 who just jumped in because they love FF and the franchise and the game on its own, but those toxic former WoW players are making their community look terrible. You literally see them everywhere, it's like a cult.
    I've always hated RPG's, i dislike the whole "you gotta wait for me to attack you to attack me" thing, and i stil think FFXIV its a great game (or maybe im biased because the ff vii remake looks so fucking fun that im tempted to get me a ps5 kek) hell, if Rift hadnt become the clusterfuck that it is now (and have i not gotten screwed by the GM's and the server merger) i would have probaby already quit WoW forever

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    2) Community - By far, the worst community of any MMO I've ever played, and I've played a lot. The most unwelcoming, condescending, bullying and berating community I've experienced. I feel bad for all the new players I've seen get bombarded with absolutely unnecessary rude comments for nothing more than asking questions, trying to get their feet wet. I know some people have said it's a great community but many others have replied that the "this is a great community" evaporates once you leave town and reach level 15 and they're not wrong.
    Out of curiosity, where do you play? While I'm the first to say it's not only pure sunshine and rainbows like some want us to think, your experience is still far from mine. Most of the time people seem to be friendly and patient, and newbie questions are answered informatively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive come back as a Returner for the third time recently. I never play more than 3-6 months and then move on. My three biggest complaints:

Names. Holy god the names of some the skills and some of the npcs are borderline unpronounceable, and when you are switching jobs and trying to remember the name of each skill is a pain.

Teleportation. This game dove too hard into fast travel. Due to being able to teleport around, i actually struggle to identify which zones are geographically near each other.

MSQ. So the story gets high praise but i literally can't recommend the game to friends because ARR MSQ is literally as exciting as watching a 4 hour video of paint drying. Its teleport here, talk to this npc, teleport here, talk to this npc. The expansion after ARR is not much better. I will never recommend this game to someone who is not willing to suffer through some of the most boring storytelling ever (ARR) or buy a story skip.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

class homogenization and pruning is the biggest for me atm. coincidentally the same thing that happened to wow. pre-ShB the classes felt more unique. the tanks and healers are the worst for this, but the dps is going that direction too. also just lack of evolution in some classes. for example, monk using the same 6 button rotation since ARR, ninja only using 123 most of the time, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

A more serious? fucking assholes standing on top of quest givers
    On PC you can hold X to hide player names and they also become unclickable, making it possible for you to just interact with the NPC
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Out of curiosity, where do you play? While I'm the first to say it's not only pure sunshine and rainbows like some want us to think, your experience is still far from mine. Most of the time people seem to be friendly and patient, and newbie questions are answered informatively.
    You mean what server? If so, it's not just my server. My opinion of the community seems to be extremely common. Heck, go to the subreddit some time and pretend to be a new player asking for help and see what kind of replies you get. I seriously feel very sorry for new players who seek help. Getting such vague, condescending responses or just unnecessary comments like "We prefer you don't play so you're not dead weight" and seeing comments like that get tons of upvotes. That does not happen in any other MMO reddit I've been in. And that's just one example. Inside the game, people expecting end-game geared players in roulettes (wtf?) and berating them. It's the reason I rarely ever say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Summoner is... not bad, but not good either. Really convoluted rotation. Also, be warned that the summons don't really feel good from a class fantasy standpoint. You have a tiny Pokemon by your side that is autoattacking independent of you, and every minute you summon a giant dragon that floats behind your back autoattacking the enemy for 15 seconds before disappearing. Summoner is more like a warlock.
    Back before any of the patches I levelled a summoner and they were simple and had an interesting class storyline (though I liked the Scholar one more). I left the game for a bit, came back and found that they now had this really fiddly rotation (and that for solo questing Scholar was actually considerably faster). I left the game again because I couldn't be arsed levelling a new job so as to have a main job for levelling proper that I didn't hate.

I didn't hate Scholar, but I found there was an expectation that you'd DPS (a lot) and heal and know the dungeons well enough that you could do that and not run out of mana at the wrong moment. Oh, and frankly FFXIV's UI blows for healing (and especially healing and DPSing together) and unlike WoW you can't fix that with addons.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Ive come back as a Returner for the third time recently. I never play more than 3-6 months and then move on. My three biggest complaints:

Names. Holy god the names of some the skills and some of the npcs are borderline unpronounceable, and when you are switching jobs and trying to remember the name of each skill is a pain.

Teleportation. This game dove too hard into fast travel. Due to being able to teleport around, i actually struggle to identify which zones are geographically near each other.

MSQ. So the story gets high praise but i literally can't recommend the game to friends because ARR MSQ is literally as exciting as watching a 4 hour video of paint drying. Its teleport here, talk to this npc, teleport here, talk to this npc. The expansion after ARR is not much better. I will never recommend this game to someone who is not willing to suffer through some of the most boring storytelling ever (ARR) or buy a story skip.
    MSQ its literally "pay 15 to play an interactive book"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    MSQ its literally "pay 15 to play an interactive book"
    It would be better if the earlier stuff was voiced more often, but most often its just a couple characters nodding at each other in silence while music blars in the background.

Also EVERY SINGLE NPC does the *shocked pikachu face*
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.