Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    It would be better if the earlier stuff was voiced more often, but most often its just a couple characters nodding at each other in silence while music blars in the background.

Also EVERY SINGLE NPC does the *shocked pikachu face*
    The fact that your character just stand still like an idiot (in what i assume its square enix attempt at showing our char relying the information) doesnt help at all with immersion

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The fact that your character just stand still like an idiot (in what i assume its square enix attempt at showing our char relying the information) doesnt help at all with immersion
    Don't forget the nods and later on they added the head tilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    It doesn't help that I barely remember the ARR storyline having completed it years ago. Hell I cant remember any of the names, I just label them as Angry Potato Lady, the pale twins, emo dragoon guy etc.

I am hoping when i play though shadowbringers i actually feel something for the characters. Everyone i have ever spoken with said that ARR and first expack where boring, but Stormblood hasnt been much better. I think they have a serious problem have having too many side characters all pulling different directions.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    Well two problems really.

1) It's for weebs

2) It ain't WoW

Funny. I play FFXIV and think the same thing of wow. Except my points are different. Let's see

1.) WoW is toxic as fuck and for elitists.

2.) I play FFXIV. Cause it is not WoW.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care about story or roleplaying in my MMORPGs. I also don't like being forced fed my playing route. I also dont like the whole weeb thing going on in the FF universe. What I do like in my MMO games is gearing and I like PvP and fast engaging PvE. So that's why FFXIV is not the game for me because I dont like:

MSQ.
    Combat.
    Gearing.
    The PvP.
    Daily tasks.
    Crafting.
    No talents or ways to alter abilities. Everyone is the exact same.

Happy some people enjoy it though and prefer it over other MMOs.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2021-05-27 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post

1.) WoW is toxic as fuck and for elitists.
    Seems the consensus feels this is worse in FFXIV.

Either way, people who hate on either game just to hate on it are not worth responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Seems the consensus feels this is worse in FFXIV.

Either way, people who hate on either game just to hate on it are not worth responding to.

True...wise words
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    My favorite class can't play with other people, the community is one of the worst communities I've ever been a part of and mandatory railroaded quests with a price tag to enjoy anything else. No addon support and static rotations definitely don't help things.
    What price tag are you talking about here?

It doesn't help that I barely remember the ARR storyline having completed it years ago. Hell I cant remember any of the names, I just label them as Angry Potato Lady, the pale twins, emo dragoon guy etc.

I am hoping when i play though shadowbringers i actually feel something for the characters. Everyone i have ever spoken with said that ARR and first expack where boring, but Stormblood hasnt been much better. I think they have a serious problem have having too many side characters all pulling different directions.
    I only remember one, thancred, and thats because the son of a bitch made walk half a map just to tell me i look cute and go somewhere else

In no certain ranking order:

2) Community - By far, the worst community of any MMO I've ever played, and I've played a lot. The most unwelcoming, condescending, bullying and berating community I've experienced. I feel bad for all the new players I've seen get bombarded with absolutely unnecessary rude comments for nothing more than asking questions, trying to get their feet wet. I know some people have said it's a great community but many others have replied that the "this is a great community" evaporates once you leave town and reach level 15 and they're not wrong.

Sad to hear.
    Im new to FF14 and I havent met a friendlier community since 2005ish lol
    Everyone chats, gives advice, cheers on me if I fail in dungeons to mechanics and help me out if I need

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You are not even exaggerating that much, some idiot bothered to create new account here just to tell me that I should die from corona for criticizing patch 5.3.
    Yup, I remember that. Even screenshot the words and shared it to other people. It's nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Sad to hear.
    Everyone chats, gives advice, cheers on me if I fail in dungeons to mechanics and help me out if I need
    Many new players think this. I was one of them! However, that evaporates quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Sad to hear.
    I wouldn't be worried, having played FFXIV off and on since its inception I find all the "bad community" posts extremely baffling because I can count the problems ive had with the community on 1 hand still. Compared to WoW where 1 hand wouldnt get me through a M+ session.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    I wouldn't be worried, having played FFXIV off and on since its inception I find all the "bad community" posts extremely baffling because I can count the problems ive had with the community on 1 hand still. Compared to WoW where 1 hand wouldnt get me through a M+ session.
    And comments like these baffle me. I've played WoW and FFXIV since the beginning and I'll take the WoW community over this one any time, any day. I mean, anybody who has hung out in the sub for FFXIV and still says the community is nice is just flat-out being dishonest and they know it. In game, it's not QUITE as bad as the sub but of all the MMOs I've played, this one has the nastiest people. Pretty much everywhere I've been for this game, that's the consensus. I prefer the gameplay in FFXIV much more.

M+ is like a whole separate beast. Imagine how people are in M+ but acting that way to randoms in simple leveling duties.

And comments like these baffle me. I've played WoW and FFXIV since the beginning and I'll take the WoW community over this one any time, any day. I mean, anybody who has hung out in the sub for FFXIV and still says the community is nice is just flat-out being dishonest and they know it. In game, it's not QUITE as bad as the sub but of all the MMOs I've played, this one has the nastiest people. Pretty much everywhere I've been for this game, that's the consensus. I prefer the gameplay in FFXIV much more.

M+ is like a whole separate beast. Imagine how people are in M+ but acting that way to randoms in simple leveling duties.
    I've never seen this. Infact I've seen the total opposite. Telling someone how to do mechanics when they fail, giving them tip, and they treat you like you're the devil. "You don't pay my fucking sub. If I wanted to ask I would've asked! I don't play this game to interact with others so keep quiet." Etc.

Chances are you'll get reported aswell.

10+ Year Old Account

I really feel like you been insulted or hurt by the sub and are blowing things out of proportion. I have played wow for 15 years and still do, and i have played FF on and off for 5ish years, and i prefer the FF community to WOWs. I dont think the subreddits should be presentative of the entire population. Both subs for both games are awful, but that is a large part of the Reddit Gestalt. Most game communities on Reddit are breeding grounds for toxicity, that is why so man games have offshoot subs with NOSalt in their name, but then those become an echo chamber of game worship. Any community that you can suppress through votes differing views, is going to evolve into majority rules.

Since i am a returner, i have been sitting in novice network again, and the helpfulness of that group is great, but its not isolated to that. I have done MSQ Full Parties that i either don't remember or have not done, and every time i lag behind they wait for me to catch up before engaging bosses. That will literally happen in at most 1 out of 30 LFRs in WOW. I have not yet had a single bad leveling duty, this morning a tank stopped and helped a healer with her spell priority and no one got antsy or started face pulling, WOW you don't see that anymore.

I still love WOW, but never have I ever considered its community a good bunch.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I've never seen this. Infact I've seen the total opposite. Telling someone how to do mechanics when they fail, giving them tip, and they treat you like you're the devil. "You don't pay my fucking sub. If I wanted to ask I would've asked! I don't play this game to interact with others so keep quiet." Etc.

Chances are you'll get reported aswell.
    I didn't see it when I was new either.

It's funny you mentioned the concept of giving people tips. Many discussions I've seen where people claimed they were just giving people tips, they were (as described earlier) rude and condescending about it. A guy says "wtf use your damn cds scrub" and when the guy retorts in kind, he tells his friends "lol wow, this guy is mad at me and all I was doing was trying to help him out".

You are right, people do get reported in-game which is why it's not so prominent there. Go to the sub for this game, you'll see it. It's extremely common. I help people and answer questions often and I see all the time how people are treated. One time, a new guy came there from another MMO and was trying to learn our lingo and get information. He got flamed and even told "We'd prefer if you didn't play, you'll probably end up being dead weight". That comment within a day was upvoted 50 times.

The game itself is fun but as an objective person who isn't trying to force the "rose-tinted glasses", I feel bad when others are dishonest about the community.

- - - Updated - - -

I really feel like you been insulted or hurt by the sub and are blowing things out of proportion. I have played wow for 15 years and still do, and i have played FF on and off for 5ish years, and i prefer the FF community to WOWs. I dont think the subreddits should be presentative of the entire population. Both subs for both games are awful, but that is a large part of the Reddit Gestalt. Most game communities on Reddit are breeding grounds for toxicity, that is why so man games have offshoot subs with NOSalt in their name, but then those become an echo chamber of game worship. Any community that you can suppress through votes differing views, is going to evolve into majority rules.

Since i am a returner, i have been sitting in novice network again, and the helpfulness of that group is great, but its not isolated to that. I have done MSQ Full Parties that i either don't remember or have not done, and every time i lag behind they wait for me to catch up before engaging bosses. That will literally happen in at most 1 out of 30 LFRs in WOW. I have not yet had a single bad leveling duty, this morning a tank stopped and helped a healer with her spell priority and no one got antsy or started face pulling, WOW you don't see that anymore.

I still love WOW, but never have I ever considered its community a good bunch.
    Nope, I'm just not going to be dishonest about it. I will say, this is the only forum I've ever seen where anyone has said the FF community is better. Sometimes, I can tell some of the people saying it are either new but pretend they're not or are trying to wind people up. Granted, the sub hosts some of the absolute worst of the worst yet the WoW sub is leaps and bounds friendlier.

One of the reasons many do not say bad things as often as you'd see it in WoW is because WoW is PC only. You have a keyboard right in front of you for typing out bad things. Lots of people on FFXIV play on console and do not have immediate keyboards. Typing out comments without one is sometimes more effort than it's worth. However, get to a place where you can type and the gloves come off.

The problem is, it's all anecdotal. Your saying people are being dishonest. I've been playing FF14 on and off since ARR launched. More often on then off. And thats not my experience at all. In all my time playing FF14, I can think of two events showing any sort of nastiness, and the one, the person being nasty got berated by the rest of the group.

On the other hand, in WoW, almost every time I ran LFR there was bs going on. Most groups for heroic dungeons where fine, but thats because people tear through them without a thought pretty soon after release. I don't even touch M+, the nature of the system just breeds toxicity.

Ah. I see the issue now. Your basing your thoughts of the community off of the reddit board. Most video game sub reddits are trash. The only ones I enjoy being a part of are the warhammer groups, and the Xbox series x group. Every time I join a sub for a video game it's the same garbage. Tons of crappy memes that barely make sense, tons of crappy fan art. And any decent conversations are forced into mega threads you most likely won't actually see. I don't use reddit as a gauge on how a games community is.
    Last edited by Resiak; 2021-05-28 at 12:58 PM.

Well I've been playing for almost 6 years now and I've had more good experiences than bad tbh. Also I don't really visit the ffxiv subreddit since its mostly art thats being upvoted and I can find that anywhere else if I wanted to.

It's funny you mentioned the concept of giving people tips. Many discussions I've seen where people claimed they were just giving people tips, they were (as described earlier) rude and condescending about it. A guy says "wtf use your damn cds scrub" and when the guy retorts in kind, he tells his friends "lol wow, this guy is mad at me and all I was doing was trying to help him out".

You are right, people do get reported in-game which is why it's not so prominent there. Go to the sub for this game, you'll see it. It's extremely common. I help people and answer questions often and I see all the time how people are treated. One time, a new guy came there from another MMO and was trying to learn our lingo and get information. He got flamed and even told "We'd prefer if you didn't play, you'll probably end up being dead weight". That comment within a day was upvoted 50 times.
    So in essence people can't be dicks in game because then they get reported and banned, but since people on the internet are dicks they find other ways to be dicks to each other.

Am I the only one that finds this approach of FF kinda childish? "Don't be mean to each other! Or else...!" What are we? Seven years old? I don't need a game to tell me to behave... I can take a guy being an ass to me, I shoot back and that's that. Not like I am ever gonna see that person again.

There are limits of course and some stuff needs to be sanctioned, but geez, we are grownups and should be able to handle a normal level of unfriendliness. FF is definately going too far and treats people like sensible snowflakes. Hearing that their videos can't be voted on or commented kinda makes me think that that is the idea. They try to opress negative behaviour, but it only leads to it spilling in other ways.