Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What are you even on about populism isn't about any policy or side you can use it to push whatever agenda you want that is my point. Trump was against all the things you listed yet you defended him, no amount of whining is going to change the fact that Trump would be worse than almost any democrat that ran on the primary.
    Trumps only issue in your eyes was not having a D next to his name and if he had run as a Democrat you'd be defending his every word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Trumps only issue in your eyes was not having a D next to his name and if he had run as a Democrat you'd be defending his every word.
    His demeanor would take him nowhere in the Democratic party.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    very disappointed i expected this to be a kokolums thread.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    The Dems nominated and elected Joe Biden, if the only issue is mean tweets than your typical Dem voter isn't a serious person.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    very disappointed i expected this to be a kokolums thread.
    No no no, his ultimate MO is to paint the GOP as a monolithic and inevitable power destined to lead the US and that the democrats must abscond from politics and allow the republicans to rule unquestioned, lest questioning or opposing them incite the violent white supremacists, self-appointed militias and neo-nazis to join forces with the military and destroy the democrats, and that it’d be in everyone’s best interests to just let those groups have their way with the country. You know, for the Democrat’s own good.

This kind of much more plausible, internal civil war of politics that points out the deep schism and weakening of the Republican Party is the last thing he’d want to hear about.

- - - Updated - - -

“If things weren’t the way they were and were instead completely different I’m 100% sure they’d definitely be this other way!” is not a compelling argument.

I can assure you that no, most democrat voters would not have “voted trump simply if he had a D next to his name.”

It is not in the liberal purview to care about or support the things Trump represented or supported.

I know you’re eager to glaze over your tacit support for such an odious individual and get people to forget exactly what kind of policies he enacted, but... yeah, we’re not gonna forget them. A lot of us will see to it that people hear of what a terrible president and man Trump was for years to come.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

ROFLMAO, considering the fact that I wasn't a fan of even Obama after the first term due to his policy failures maybe you should stop talking out of your ass. Trump's policies were horrible that's not even going into his personal history, I will give you credit for not defending his links to Epstein but you were cheering everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It looks like it now, but that is still 3.5+ years away. And a LOT can happen in those three years.

The press can do whatever it wants, but they are not where I'm drawing my conclusions and opinion from. I see GOP leaders (McConnell, Romney, Cheney) wanting to be done with Trump - and they are speaking freely about it. Which means there is already a large rift in the GOP. And there is nothing currently going on to make that rift an issue (no election, etc). Only CPAC is going on now, and lines are being drawn even there. One major aspect in examining the lack of GOP'ers speaking out against Trump during the Trump Residency is that to do so was political suicide. So they didn't. Now, however, they can without the same repercussions - and they are.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out. If Trump can hold onto the reigns (I spelled the purposefully) of GOP power, then he does. But if he can't, and he still wants and needs power (which he does, obviously), then the Party of Trump might be borne. And if it is, the GOP is fucked. Seriously and catastrophically FUCKED. Because a solidly backed neo-con third party will split the "Republican" vote and put the Democrats in a very good position to gain serious ground in the Senate and House, along with retaining the White House.

It's one of the reasons I think McConnell is pushing for Trump investigation/prosecution. It's also one of the reasons I think the Democrats should not attempt to bar Trump from future office with an obscure Constitutional provision.
    McConnell's words are meaningless the fact is he voted in favor of Trump, Cheney voted for Marjorie Taylor Greene after getting pressured. We've all heard it during the last 4 years the off the record and behind the scenes talks saying if this was held behind closed doors Trump would lose. However 2020 has changed things there is now 1000s of congress people who own their seat to Trump and truly believe in him. In 2022 Trump will strengthen his grip even further as primary challenges backed by Trump will be taking these people on that will be the real test of Trump's hold on power.

Let's also be realistic the party will never split they will all fall in line instead that's what the right wing does they aren't gun ho on the whole independent thinking / morals thing versus power evidence by ironically McConnell.

Bullshit, you are projecting what you are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    3600 a week? month?
    Did I say a week? Yeah, I meant a month...

- - - Updated - - -

The Dems nominated and elected Joe Biden, if the only issue is mean tweets than your typical Dem voter isn't a serious person.
    When was the first time you called Exxon, a mineral extraction company, that democrats hate? You started defending oil companies, because you have such a hate boner for democrats, that I don’t think you even remember your own principles. How did we go from oil companies and military industrial complex, just being “mineral extraction”? How?

This is why it’s not a civil war. As I said earlier, you can’t be populist and support oil companies. Calling oil companies, mineral extraction, is how Trump’s side of GOP justifies having Tellison as Secretary of State and Perry as Secretary of energy. If there was a civil war brewing and not just that Trump supporters go mask off too often, this is what would have been destroying the party. But, it isn’t... Trump supporters just change the vernacular, so they do agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    He tried in the 90s... Why do you think he hates NYC and democrats so much? He tried this grift on democrats... it failed and despite him being an oligarch that reminisces about attending NYC elite dinners as his father’s guest, by the 90s... liberal elites in NYC rejected him. They took his money, gave him awards, but his social circle of NYC elites was headed by Epstein. That was the one NYC elite circle that didn’t just take his money.

He was even saying he wanted to be on a progressive ticket with Oprah... Trump before 9/11 and after, are the same slime, but from a different hole...

- - - Updated - - -

You defended god damn Donald Trump... because he wasn’t a democrat. Let that sink in... while saying Trump would be great if he just had a D next to his name... You defend him because he doesn’t... It’s so biased, that it’s motherfucking Donald Trump... When Trump was talking about running on a liberal ticket in the 90s, why didn’t liberals, progressives or democrats embrace him, as you suggest? Why did they treat him like a slimy joke?

If this comprises part of the support that is on Trump side of the civil war, how can it be possible? It’s all rhetoric trying to save face and create distance. There will be no third party... there will be no fracture and need to refocus on policy... they just save face in front of the establishment that got put off by Trump and MTG, but then go on Fox and talk about about cancel culture.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Tldr: the GoP needs a come to Jesus intervention
    I'm picturing Jesus himself, at said intervention.
    I'm laughing my ass off at the conversation.
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

GOP lost the war against trump when he won the nomination for the 1st time. Its his party now, there is no real pushback. If he is semi functional when the next election comes around and he wants to, he will win the nomination.

The GOP didnt really offer any resistance because hes a distillation of their ultimate political program.

also why is anyone talking about democrats lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    There are two kinds of members in the GOP right now: republicans and undercover democrats.
    People like you are exactly what's wrong with current era politics.

for example: Bill Cassidy
    Voted with Trump 89.1% of the time

Richard Burr
    Voted with Trump 89.3% of the time

Susan Collins
    Oh hey, you might have found one. Voted with Trump a measily 65.1% of the time.

Mitt Romney
    Ah yes, the walking embodiment of evil. Wait...what's this? He voted with Trump 75% of the time.

Just for kicks lets look at the Democrats people like to accuse of being republicans.

Krysten Sinema - Only 50.4%
    Joe Manchin -- Interesting, the same 50.4%

To level set let's pick the real bootlickers and antagonists.

AOC - 17.4%
    Matt Gaetz - Only 85% -- but in the current congress his score is 100%

So -- Richard Burr who you are claiming is a democrat voted with Trump more than Matt Gaetz did.

You are either deeply ignorant or willfully blind -- you can pick.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

You are either deeply ignorant or willfully blind -- you can pick.
    I’m going to go with “both,” personally.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Maybe this is the civil war our resident civil war conspiracy theorist really meant.
    In some ways yes. All conservatives have to offer is gaslighting and projection. Their calls for civil war have always been a projection of desire for factional conflict.

So i'm loving the irony of CPAC doing this.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    McConnell's words are meaningless the fact is he voted in favor of Trump, Cheney voted for Marjorie Taylor Greene after getting pressured. We've all heard it during the last 4 years the off the record and behind the scenes talks saying if this was held behind closed doors Trump would lose. However 2020 has changed things there is now 1000s of congress people who own their seat to Trump and truly believe in him. In 2022 Trump will strengthen his grip even further as primary challenges backed by Trump will be taking these people on that will be the real test of Trump's hold on power.

Let's also be realistic the party will never split they will all fall in line instead that's what the right wing does they aren't gun ho on the whole independent thinking / morals thing versus power evidence by ironically McConnell.
    I think the GOP splintering is something within the realm of realistic. Outside chance, of course, but there is a perfect storm brewing for it right now. Your point about Trump just seizing more control over the GOP and increasing their gains in 2022 is also probable. Very scary too.

I think the GOP splintering is something within the realm of realistic. Outside chance, of course, but there is a perfect storm brewing for it right now. Your point about Trump just seizing more control over the GOP and increasing their gains in 2022 is also probable. Very scary too.
    The two party system makes any of the parties splitting highly unlikely especially since the right values power above all else. The hope that the GOP members who are silently complaining about Trump have is that Trump is boggled down by lawsuits and fades into the background. I don't see that happening because politics is the only way Trump has to make money now.

No traitor party civil war they are all pretty lock step with attacking any one who has not accepted trump as their lord and savior.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The two party system makes any of the parties splitting highly unlikely especially since the right values power above all else. The hope that the GOP members who are silently complaining about Trump have is that Trump is boggled down by lawsuits and fades into the background. I don't see that happening because politics is the only way Trump has to make money now.
    I agree with you, and there wouldn't be a worry at all, except that Trump is an irrational sociopath, and will seek power above all else, including dismissing the logic of NOT splitting the party so as to retain power. Trump does what he wants, and like Hitler, is surrounded by sycophants. So he will only get "advice" and "recommendations" that agree with his already determined ideas. That - or the people around him will fuel more irrational ideas.

We know he's starting up his own cable channel. We also know that the Trumps have secured high-ranking posts in the GOP Party Leadership. What's not clear is whether he will try to hold onto reigns of the GOP or start his own thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno -- if there is one thing the GOP has shown is they desire power over anything else. There is internal strife over who will control the party but I think they'll fall in line behind whomever before they splinter and lose all their power.

We already see this in action -- McConnell's actions embody the whole "I'm fighting for control of this party with rhetoric but I sure ain't taking any direct actions against it."
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    also why is anyone talking about democrats lol
    Same reason Tim Pool said he voted for Ron Paul in 2012, before Trump’s win... but, has been claiming to have voted for Obama, since Trump won. Grifters...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The republican party isn't going to splinter into two big competing pieces. What may happen is that after Trump finishes his takeover of the party and installs his family members and lackeys into top positions within the party hierarchy, that some small moderate-ish parts splinter away. Its highly unlikely that those splinters would be big enough to run candidates but there would be some voter loss as some moderates jump ship, and either stop voting, vote third party, or vote moderate democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.