Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree with you, and there wouldn't be a worry at all, except that Trump is an irrational sociopath, and will seek power above all else, including dismissing the logic of NOT splitting the party so as to retain power. Trump does what he wants, and like Hitler, is surrounded by sycophants. So he will only get "advice" and "recommendations" that agree with his already determined ideas. That - or the people around him will fuel more irrational ideas.

We know he's starting up his own cable channel. We also know that the Trumps have secured high-ranking posts in the GOP Party Leadership. What's not clear is whether he will try to hold onto reigns of the GOP or start his own thing.
    That's why the majority of the party who aren't part of the new crop are placating him, there is no civil war they have decided to give up so they won't risk splitting the party. Lindsey Graham was openly talking against it on Fox News, Trump is an irrational sociopath however he is greedy. There is no profit from splitting the party, he gets more adulation and adoration by eating the party from the inside.

Trump is like those scary parasites that eat the host and possesses it to kill itself so it can survive and pass onto something else. I don't think Trump is done hollowing out the GOP just yet.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO, considering the fact that I wasn't a fan of even Obama after the first term due to his policy failures maybe you should stop talking out of your ass. Trump's policies were horrible that's not even going into his personal history, I will give you credit for not defending his links to Epstein but you were cheering everything else.
    I believe your sincerity as much as you believe mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I have the past posts to prove it yours on the other hand just keep exposing you for who you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    11 posts in Trump thread, in nearly 4 years. Well over a hundred posts in Biden thread, in less than 2 months. The mater is not up for debate... in fact, this thread is not about democrats at all.

As I pointed out, this is an example of there being no civil war in GOP.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    11 posts in Trump thread, in nearly 4 years. Well over a hundred posts in Biden thread, in less than 2 months. The mater is not up for debate... in fact, this thread is not about democrats at all.

As I pointed out, this is an example of there being no civil war in GOP.
    yup just like the devil Trump doesn't refund souls, hope those judges were worth it.

GOP certainly has some infighting going on but not a full civil war. But they have the old trusty the use when they are in power, not in power, trying to get into power, or falling out of power... and that is..... DO NOTHING! So they can always rally behind that. Yup, the GOP plan of do nothing and say no to everything Democrats think of and shelf everything their people come up with never to be spoken about again has gotten them this far. It will certainly be the strategy this go around. Because it is the only play they got in the WHOLE PLAYBOOK. Just do nothing.. blame others.. repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    GOP certainly has some infighting going on but not a full civil war. But they have the old trusty the use when they are in power, not in power, trying to get into power, or falling out of power... and that is..... DO NOTHING! So they can always rally behind that. Yup, the GOP plan of do nothing and say no to everything Democrats think of and shelf everything their people come up with never to be spoken about again has gotten them this far. It will certainly be the strategy this go around. Because it is the only play they got in the WHOLE PLAYBOOK. Just do nothing.. blame others.. repeat.
    It's what they used to do in California. They made a mess of the budget process and anything else they could mess up. UNTIL - they lost veto power over any of the bills. Now California has its problems, and corporations have adjusted to democratic rule, but for the most part California is doing pretty good all things considered. For one they have a huge budget surplus - something not many states can brag about.

So basically democrats need to increase their margin in the House, and get 62+ seats in the Senate. And keep 62+ seats in the Senate election after election. Yeah I know that 60 is really the bare minimum needed, but it sure is nice to have a bit of a cushion.

This has to be the goal. Keep things afloat during the time that McConnell can actually veto things and has some power, and gradually (not THAT gradually) increase the number of democratic Senators. It's a lot to ask, but at this point it's the only way.

In the meantime, work with corporate America to get democratic principles implemented anyways. If all of the major companies have a $15 an hour minimum, even in rural parts of red states, then well maybe that's good enough for now. Then of course small businesses will whine "all the good employees move on to higher paying jobs". DUHHHHHHH

And racism and sexism issues that are so important to tackle kind of have to be done at more local levels anyways. Minecraft has a little saying (in yellow on my computer) on its main log on screen. One saying was something like "Teach your friends about the evils of racism." This repeated over and over in multiple ways goes further in changing American culture than just about anything that Congress can do anyways.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    It's what they used to do in California. They made a mess of the budget process and anything else they could mess up. UNTIL - they lost veto power over any of the bills. Now California has its problems, and corporations have adjusted to democratic rule, but for the most part California is doing pretty good all things considered. For one they have a huge budget surplus - something not many states can brag about.

So basically democrats need to increase their margin in the House, and get 62+ seats in the Senate. And keep 62+ seats in the Senate election after election. Yeah I know that 60 is really the bare minimum needed, but it sure is nice to have a bit of a cushion.

This has to be the goal. Keep things afloat during the time that McConnell can actually veto things and has some power, and gradually (not THAT gradually) increase the number of democratic Senators. It's a lot to ask, but at this point it's the only way.

In the meantime, work with corporate America to get democratic principles implemented anyways. If all of the major companies have a $15 an hour minimum, even in rural parts of red states, then well maybe that's good enough for now. Then of course small businesses will whine "all the good employees move on to higher paying jobs". DUHHHHHHH

And racism and sexism issues that are so important to tackle kind of have to be done at more local levels anyways. Minecraft has a little saying (in yellow on my computer) on its main log on screen. One saying was something like "Teach your friends about the evils of racism." This repeated over and over in multiple ways goes further in changing American culture than just about anything that Congress can do anyways.
    And that 60+ Senate Democratic majority is almost impossible - even if we put in D.C. and Puerto Rico, adding four Democratic Senators - gaining the others just can't be done. We had the biggest turnout in history and gained one seat in the general, and then two in a ridiculously unique special run-off election. 60 won't happen without a dramatic injury/splintering to the GOP.

McConnel said today he will support Trump in 2024. So again what civil war? They are all Trumpists, aka fascists, aka The Republican Party.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And that 60+ Senate Democratic majority is almost impossible - even if we put in D.C. and Puerto Rico, adding four Democratic Senators - gaining the others just can't be done. We had the biggest turnout in history and gained one seat in the general, and then two in a ridiculously unique special run-off election. 60 won't happen without a dramatic injury/splintering to the GOP.
    There were 59 democratic Senators during the first two years of Obama's first term, and 60 for a very short period of time. And that was pre-Trump.

A lot of the historic turnout was a one time only event for Trump, eventually leading to the failed terrorist attack on the capitol.

It was deemed IMPOSSIBLE for democrats to have veto proof margins in the California state houses. Until it actually happened. Basically, republicans made such a mess of California, even as a minority party, that people left the republican party and made California more blue than was thought possible. And oh yeah, people that LEFT California have already made Nevada, Colorado, and New Mexico blue, and are in the process of turning Arizona and Texas blue as well. Oregon and Washington were once purplish. Not anymore.

Right now, republicans on a nationwide basis are making a similar mess of the country. Senate republicans aren't talking about coming up with reasonable compromises that would make the stimulus better or more efficient, they are talking about completely opposing it. In the past, republicans really did work hard to fight social distancing and wearing masks in public, and now 500k deaths are their fault, with more to come.

Meanwhile, McConnell can be paraphrased to be saying to Trump supporters: we are 100% completely and totally AGAINST EVER providing you with government aid, and will always oppose it with every breath we take.

When people here say that people making minimum wage deserve what they get because they are lazy, they are explicitly saying TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE LAZY JERKS THAT DESERVE TO LIVE IN EXTREME POVERTY.

Quite a few Trump supporters are making close to minimum wage.

The same anger that Trump used to fuel the recent terrorist attack will turn against republicans, similar to what happened in California. It's hard to hate people that are doing what they can to send you money. And it's hard to fully support people that insult you and work so hard to prevent you from getting some good breaks.

And this is before demographics continue to kick in...

no, leftism is a cancer
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    no, leftism is a cancer
    In 5 words you described perfectly and exactly why republicans need to be flat out defeated to the point that they can't even veto anything.

We 100% get it. All you have is insults, and can only be defeated, never worked with or reasoned with.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, leftism is a cancer
    Care you actually address the topic instead of spamming unrelated nonsense?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    McConnel said today he will support Trump in 2024. So again what civil war? They are all Trumpists, aka fascists, aka The Republican Party.
    Basically this the leadership of the GOP has officially backtracked like they always do, Trump has won the entire "civil war" narrative was always a scam they have no morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Basically this the leadership of the GOP has officially backtracked like they always do, Trump has won the entire "civil war" narrative was always a scam they have no morals.
    This will shrink the republican party anyways. Moderate republicans will just start leaving the party.

The good news is that corporate America will help decimate the remaining republican party.
    The bad news is that the price for this aid will be a pliant democratic party.

On the other hand, although the minimum wage looks like it won't get passed, possibly in any form, through Congress, corporate America is doing their part by just flat out increasing wages. Costco recently announced increasing THEIR minimum wage from $15 to $16 an hour.

People in Alabama can fight all they want for $7.25 an hour wages, and it seems like they will win that battle, at least for now. But a large portion of the rest of the country is moving forward anyways. Republicans were absolutely totally successful in moving power from the US government to corporate America. This just means that power politics means getting corporations more involved.

For example: up and coming Disney star says some really stupid things (she compared being conservative in America to Jews getting put in ovens in Nazi Germany I think), and now she is no longer a part of the Disney team. So instead of moving one district away from Marjorie Greene and becoming a US Representative, she is taking the good fight to Disney. An endeavor that will further embarrass her, and solidify Disney's decision to let her go.

US cultural views are shifting. There has never been so much favorable media and discussions about increasing wages for Americans. The main message has always been about how high wages for American workers is anti-business. Republicans are trying this same approach, but it is working less well. Unfortunately, it will take patience for these shifts to turn into action.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This will shrink the republican party anyways. Moderate republicans will just start leaving the party.

The good news is that corporate America will help decimate the remaining republican party.

On the other hand, although the minimum wage looks like it won't get passed, possibly in any form, through Congress, corporate America is doing their part by just flat out increasing wages. Costco recently announced increasing THEIR minimum wage from $15 to $16 an hour.

People in Alabama can fight all they want for $7.25 an hour wages, and it seems like they will win that battle, at least for now. But a large portion of the rest of the country is moving forward anyways. Republicans were absolutely totally successful in moving power from the US government to corporate America. This just means that power politics means getting corporations more involved.

For example: up and coming Disney star says some really stupid things (she compared being conservative in America to Jews getting put in ovens in Nazi Germany I think), and now she is no longer a part of the Disney team. So instead of moving one district away from Marjorie Greene and becoming a US Representative, she is taking the good fight to Disney. An endeavor that will further embarrass her, and solidify Disney's decision to let her go.

US cultural views are shifting. There has never been so much favorable media and discussions about increasing wages for Americans. The main message has always been about how high wages for American workers is anti-business. Republicans are trying this same approach, but it is working less well. Unfortunately, it will take patience for these shifts to turn into action.
    I'm not sure about this.

Shrink, possibly but I and others pointed out that the largest group of non-voters, or unregistered voters is uneducated white voters. Yes, I understand demographics point to change, but it is slow and still that does not mean the all got say the Dems or lets say another party to be nonpartisan here to weaken what is the Republican Party right now.

Also figure that at least until 2000 which they hyper partisanship was ramped up that the Republican Party can easily rule through the minority. First the Senate is the easiest with the number. The number I have seen is the Republican Senators 15-20 million less people.. The House can be manipulated through gerrymandering again the fact of many states having an almost 50/50 or majority Dem voters but fewer seats in State and Federal. Electoral College is well a we know what it is.

This one is interesting. In the end it does call come down to money and sadly much of that is tied to corporations or the wealthy. These people can affect and have influence on the GOP, strictly by speaking with their check book. The horrible part is they are so engrained or believe this is the party of low taxes and deregulation to make them more rich they will still give money.

The Lincoln Project (yes, they are problematic) and Steve Schmidt in particular started calling out corporations and some openly stopped donating. The problem and cynic in me say they will wait for awhile to die down then donate again. Why? The obvious is the want influence over all politicians. I'm just not confident in corporations and the wealthy wanting those tax cuts over fascism. Idk, they might but will it be too late. For me they really like to play with fire.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    <snip>
    I agree 100% with your skepticism and the points you made. There are a huge number of things that can still go wrong for the US. Having said that, I stand by one important fact that is enduring that I think will turn the tide.

The culture of the country is moving towards the needs of the younger generations

This is actually a SEISMIC change in so many things. It is happening way too slowly.

*HOPE*: The 75 million people that voted Trump is sort of a last stand for a country dominated by racist white males.

The country is openly mocking Trump and his supporters repeatedly and gleefully, and the main response of the US is: they get what they deserve. HOW CAN THEY STILL BE SUPPORTING TRUMP ???

Corporate America is pushing hard for younger themes. Black Lives Matter is being supported by companies that are going out of their way to make their support known. Pushback against the minimum wage increase is weaker than ever, and multiple companies have gone out of their way to make announcements about how their own minimum wage is $15 or above. President Biden is getting a LOT of push back for not eliminating at least SOME student loan debt. Women who talk about gender inequality are no longer being mocked and are being taken a lot more seriously.

These are all HUGE changes in the way that the US as a whole deals with various issues.

Finally: the big battles in US politics are basically Sanders and AOC vs Manchin and Silema. What this means is: where the US goes is determined by battles in which republicans are not even in the equation at all. To make this a permanent win, democrats just have to get good results from these battles.

Good results can be found in many ways. If no minimum wage bills are ever passed, but almost all jobs are paying $15 an hour or more anyways, then democrats should ABSOLUTELY take credit for these wage increases. If the Green New Deal never even gets out of committee, but US corporations take major steps toward reducing their carbon footprint and moving towards renewable energy, then democrats should ABSOLUTELY take credit for these actions. If racist cops get fired - defunded - across the country, and get replaced by cops that do not take pleasure in killing blacks, then democrats should ABSOLUTELY take credit for these changes.

So I am skeptical of things changing for the better in the US. But I am hopeful, and think that there are many signs that this hope is justified. I am frustrated at the pace of things, like many other people, and hope that progress doesn't end up crawling along way too slowly. All we can do individually is to fight as hard as possible in the meantime.

And oh yeah, don't forget to have some fun and enjoy life along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Care you actually address the topic instead of spamming unrelated nonsense?
    follow your leftist leaders to your own destruction idiot.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, someone is in a foul mood. Were you one of those chumps at the Capitol Jan 6th?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the record don't blame leftists for your incoming infraction ok?
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.