Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    follow your leftist leaders to your own destruction idiot.
    Someone got put on the wait-list for CPAC....

But seriously, this is the embodiment of the Trumpkin. And there are 20+ million of them.

Ah, so, you still think that "leftism" is destroying the country, DESPITE all of the evidence of Republicans destroying the economy for over 100 years, and Democrats fixing it. And literally all of the social progress, has been made by liberals. Yeah, not surprising that you don't know shit about reality.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/don...nators-primary

And Donnie Jr. is already talking about primarying Republicans no sufficiently loyal to Trump. Let the "not a civil war" continue.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    no, leftism is a cancer
    In the English Speaking world? Yes. It's really just sheep dogs for the Democrats, so Neo-Libs who have worse hygiene aka Vaush. But the real truth is there isn't a Left in any real terms. There is a kind of synthetic marketing demographic but there is no politics to it. All America has is Liberals and Super Liberals. There are no Leftists, and anyone who says they are is delusional or trying to sell you on their patreon or get Twitch donations or worse.... get you to vote for Elizabeth Warren.

The GOP though really has no future that I can see. While sure, they could go Working Class but it is hard to imagine they could pull it off. Basically I cannot see the party that birthed Reaganism ever fully rejecting it even as the Democratic party has basically taken it wholesale from them and made a lot of people embrace the core philosophy but with different aesthetics. There are no Republicans articulating a really strong message out of the current stance of being simply a pale shittier husk of what the Democrats already are. It is the only direction for them that avoids oblivion, but good luck getting there. With Cruz? Gaetz? Hawley? Not likely. Romney? He'd have to take his former self out back and shoot it? Mitch? The dudes a Lich incapable of dying. DeSantis opposed the min wage hike in his own state so good luck with that one. The fake and utterly useless Libertarian economics is as unlikely to depart the GOP as it is to depart the DNC. Though if any party abandons it it'll be the GOP, either because it decides it wants to live and change course, or because it collapsed and has no voters.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-02-27 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In the English Speaking world? Yes. It's really just sheep dogs for the Democrats, so Neo-Libs who have worse hygiene aka Vaush. But the real truth is there isn't a Left in any real terms. There is a kind of synthetic marketing demographic but there is no politics to it. All America has is Liberals and Super Liberals. There are no Leftists, and anyone who says they are is delusional or trying to sell you on their patreon or get Twitch donations or worse.... get you to vote for Elizabeth Warren.

The GOP though really has no future that I can see. While sure, they could go Working Class but it is hard to imagine they could pull it off. Basically I cannot see the party that birthed Reaganism ever fully rejecting it even as the Democratic party has basically taken it wholesale from them and made a lot of people embrace the core philosophy but with different aesthetics. There are no Republicans articulating a really strong message out of the current stance of being simply a pale shittier husk of what the Democrats already are. It is the only direction for them that avoids oblivion, but good luck getting there. With Cruz? Gaetz? Hawley? Not likely. Romney? He'd have to take his former self out back and shoot it? Mitch? The dudes a Lich incapable of dying. DeSantis opposed the min wage hike in his own state so good luck with that one. The fake and utterly useless Libertarian economics is as unlikely to depart the GOP as it is to depart the DNC. Though if any party abandons it it'll be the GOP, either because it decides it wants to live and change course, or because it collapsed and has no voters.
    How does Trump fit into this?

Edit: Exxon is not working class... Coal barons are not working class... this is less an opinion, more of a defense mechanism.

Defense mechanisms in psychology: What are they?
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...nse-mechanisms
    1. Denial
    2. Distortion
    3. Projection
    4. Dissociation
    5. Repression
    6. Reaction formation
    7. Displacement
    8. Intellectualization
    One can ask... what could possibly cause mass trauma, so that we have 75 million people, having their defense mechanisms triggered in a political space?

You have Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, clear channel and just about the entire right wing news feed, aimed at keeping you afraid. Aimed at touching not your rational mind, but triggering defense mechanisms.

I’m not a Trump supporter...
    Trump did win the election...
    while democrats attacked democracy...
    Antifa attacked the capital...
    I don’t remember Trump supporters ever talking about overthrowing government...
    That’s okay, because March 4th is next week...
    Fuck Mike Pence, that evil sob...
    One can reason that such actions are simply unavoidable, when society has us bottled up...

You want me to do it with covid? Environment? Medicare for All? This is why there is no civil war... they are bound by fear and are trapped in a cycle of defense mechanisms, being triggered by right wing rhetoric.

Edit 2: There is no source, because this is my opinion and am opining it up to disagreement. I think it’s solid...

Edit 3: To quote a favorite of our friend @Hammerfest, Mike Dice, when tweeting about Mr Potato, becoming Potato... it’s time for red states to succeed... this is GOP... both sides of GOP...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-02-27 at 02:41 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The United States has only ever prospered when democrats run the place for... like, the past 70 years. I would look forward to such, by comparison to the alternative, stable and magnanimous leadership quite eagerly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Basically this the leadership of the GOP has officially backtracked like they always do, Trump has won the entire "civil war" narrative was always a scam they have no morals.
    And I’m very hopeful this backfires on them colossally.

I hope all these stewing lawsuits come to a head quite rapidly. We’ll see what Trump’s “support” is worth when he’s poor and potentially clapped in irons.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And I’m very hopeful this backfires on them colossally.

I hope all these stewing lawsuits come to a head quite rapidly. We’ll see what Trump’s “support” is worth when he’s poor and potentially clapped in irons.
    Sadly I do not see Trump being poor as his supporters keep funneling millions of dollars to him, he made 1.6 billion from his presidency and hundreds of millions on the stop the steal scam. That's the reason Trump is never leaving politics he can't make money anywhere else and you have millions of suckers dying to give him money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I do not see Trump being poor as his supporters keep funneling millions of dollars to him, he made 1.6 billion from his presidency and hundreds of millions on the stop the steal scam. That's the reason Trump is never leaving politics he can't make money anywhere else and you have millions of suckers dying to give him money.
    I don’t know how effectively he’ll be able to siphon money off to pay off his legal fees and various banks calling in hundred million dollar loans.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don’t know how effectively he’ll be able to siphon money off to pay off his legal fees and various banks calling in hundred million dollar loans.
    There are disclaimers on all his fundraisers that money given certain limits will be used for other purposes, that's how he has made millions off this. That's not even going into how all his operations have "consulting" fees to people with last names ending with Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's America First vs Neocons

10+ Year Old Account
    There are disclaimers on all his fundraisers that money given certain limits will be used for other purposes, that's how he has made millions off this. That's not even going into how all his operations have "consulting" fees to people with last names ending with Trump.
    I'm sure that's good for a bit of it, yes, but... these people supporting him are, by and large, not particularly wealthy. They wont have the money to keep dumping into his coffers to stave off banks, properties, and penalty fines calling due hundreds of millions of dollars in what's likely to be a pretty rapid time frame.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Depending on his speech and motives I think Trump will be the kingmaker if he does not run. The GOP is in a really hard place right now. I think we could be entering an era without a Republican Party. I don’t see any candidate surviving a general without Trump supporters. If that happens Democrats will probably control things for a few cycles.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's America First vs Neocons
    NeoCons won't win, they can just go Democrat. If you are a NeoCon still clinging into the GOP you are either foolish or been in a coma for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by echowisp View Post
    Depending on his speech and motives I think Trump will be the kingmaker if he does not run. The GOP is in a really hard place right now. I think we could be entering an era without a Republican Party. I don’t see any candidate surviving a general without Trump supporters. If that happens Democrats will probably control things for a few cycles.
    IMO Trump will try to run again unless the Dems manage to barr him with the 14th amendment, the GOP is already closing ranks. Hate him as much as you want, but he got more than 70 million votes and the GOP will do anything to keep those voters and stay in power. If that requires rallying behind Trump they will do it.

I doubt that he will announce his candidacy this sunday at CPAC, but he will once again manage to please his fans with his attacks on Biden, the Dems and everybody not them.

And the Dems are, IMHO, in hot water too. The promised relief checks are not coming, and Biden abandoned the 15$ minimum wage, a broken promise that could cost the Dems Georgia and Arizona. Nor will there be any cancellation of student debt.
    So far it looks like a Biden presidency means austerity, lack of real action over climate chaos and backing for war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

God I hope so. After CPAC having a literal fucking golden idol for the Christians and a stage shaped like a nazi symbol for the white supremacists I really hope there's part of the party that isn't completely fucking batshit insane.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    IMO Trump will try to run again unless the Dems manage to barr him with the 14th amendment, the GOP is already closing ranks. Hate him as much as you want, but he got more than 70 million votes and the GOP will do anything to keep those voters and stay in power. If that requires rallying behind Trump they will do it.

I doubt that he will announce his candidacy this sunday at CPAC, but he will once again manage to please his fans with his attacks on Biden, the Dems and everybody not them.

And the Dems are, IMHO, in hot water too. The promised relief checks are not coming, and Biden abandoned the 15$ minimum wage, a broken promise that could cost the Dems Georgia and Arizona. Nor will there be any cancellation of student debt.
    So far it looks like a Biden presidency means austerity, lack of real action over climate chaos and backing for war.
    I don't have a blind hatred for him. I'm actually genuinely curious with people and what their thoughts are on certain issues. Honestly, he was the reason I even decided to get into politics and better understand it in general. I agree with you on the democrats. If they do not keep their promises and pass your listed issues, they could have a hard time in the midterms. I'm not very knowledgeable politically like most people here but I don't think the democrats are out of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    God I hope so. After CPAC having a literal fucking golden idol for the Christians and a stage shaped like a nazi symbol for the white supremacists I really hope there's part of the party that isn't completely fucking batshit insane.
    Let us be specific

At CPAC there was a hollow golden statue of Donald Trump MADE IN MEXICO even the onion would think this joke is too on the nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let us be specific

At CPAC there was a hollow golden statue of Donald Trump MADE IN MEXICO even the onion would think this joke is too on the nose.
    I think the GOP writ large has stopped caring because it's obvious that they have no moral center or bar to which they'll take exception, no matter how profoundly stupid, hypocritical, or laughably bad something they do is.

The only thing that delivers these politicians and their sycophantic supporters the shame they deserve is defeat, monetary loss and/or jail time, and it needs to be handed to them. Repeatedly.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    NeoCons won't win, they can just go Democrat. If you are a NeoCon still clinging into the GOP you are either foolish or been in a coma for years.
    They can’t... very simple reason... You know how you keep defending oil companies? How are democrats supposed to welcome neoCons, when the money behind neoCons, is something you admit democrats are attacking?

You can’t say democrats are going to welcome neoCons, while at the same time complaining that democrats are attacking fossil fuel industry. NeoCons got Rick Perry as the secretary of energy and had Tellison, a former CEO of Exxon, as Secretary of State... as GOP beat drums of populism. That means they already won... think about it... how exactly did neoCons lose, when they successfully made fossil fuel populist? In four years, they went from causing all the wars, keeping clean energy down, lying about climate change for money... to being part of the populace fighting the evil big tech of social media?

They won... they lost elections, but they won the rhetoric war... the win is so dramatic and successful, I honestly would never have guessed this would happen in 2016. I thought the Tellison hire was the end of Trump populism, but instead it just made big oil, populist. Fucked up...

Edit: Just take a time machine to any time before 2016... Can you even imagine someone arguing on behalf of the Rockefellers, as populist? As being representative of the working class? If you can remember those old days of 4 years ago... there is no way you can say NeoCons lost... We literally had a thread, that claimed Flynn, was treated as badly as Dick Chainy victims.

Anyone saying NeoCons lost is either gaslighting or has been gas lit them selfs...

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn’t hollow... someone posted the weight yesterday... figuratively, it’s full of some shit.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-02-28 at 02:00 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I think the GOP writ large has stopped caring because it's obvious that they have no moral center or bar to which they'll take exception, no matter how profoundly stupid, hypocritical, or laughably bad something they do is.

The only thing that delivers these politicians and their sycophantic supporters the shame they deserve is defeat, monetary loss and/or jail time, and it needs to be handed to them. Repeatedly.
    The problem is I don't think establishment democrats have the appetite or the spine to do what it takes to crush this new GOP into the ground. They seem to be under the delusion that things will go back to normal if Trump is taken out of the equation. Even if Trump is gone this is not going away every other major GOP "leader" is emulating Trump and the base doesn't want a standard politician anymore.

Trump is the GOP even if he were to drop dead tomorrow nothing would change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It wasn’t hollow... someone posted the weight yesterday... figuratively, it’s full of some shit.
    And the article states the guy spend his life's savings and six months to create it, it doesn't get more cult than that.