Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    There's lots of nuances to D2. What era are they bringing in? The current?

    I think most people with fond memories of Diablo 2 are pre-synergies - some probably dabbled, but definitely not a whole lot that dealt with it after as opposed to before. They're going to be in for a shock if that's where D2R starts off.
    What drugs are you on? Back then people played for years in a row. We did D2 and D2:Lod with synergies.

    I'm against any and all change. I personally feel that allowing respec (2010?) already oversteps. I'm a purist. D2 has way more than 10h of gameplay in it, in the range of another 10k on top of the previous 10k, and if it's not your type of game, go play D4.

    No expansions, no more additional content. Bring me D2 as it was, and especially do not let any of your woke devs touch more than the Amazon and Assassin, because my God, that alone manages to make me cringe when thinking about it, I probably couldn't handle them implementing LQTBXYZLMNOP characters to force feed "morals" to people that just want a good game. That's what D4 is going to be like, you can have it.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-09-20 at 05:36 PM.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    What drugs are you on? Back then people played for years in a row. We did D2 and D2:Lod with synergies.

    I'm against any and all change. I personally feel that allowing respec (2010?) already oversteps. I'm a purist. D2 has way more than 10h of gameplay in it, in the range of another 10k on top of the previous 10k, and if it's not your type of game, go play D4.

    No expansions, no more additional content. Bring me D2 as it was, and especially do not let any of your woke devs touch more than the Amazon and Assassin, because my God, that alone manages to make me cringe when thinking about it, I probably couldn't handle them implementing LQTBXYZLMNOP characters to force feed "morals" to people that just want a good game. That's what D4 is going to be like, you can have it.
    Acknowledging gay people exist=forcing morals.

    I swear people like yourself hit themselves in the head with a hammer before they post.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  3. #223
    They said they will have pre lod and lod servers

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Acknowledging gay people exist=forcing morals.

    I swear people like yourself hit themselves in the head with a hammer before they post.
    No, this is exactly the problem. This is not acknowledgement. This is harassment. IDGAF who you do it with, what gender you think you are (or turn into) or how you identify yourself, just don't knock on my door, stick your foot between the door and force me to change everything I own into a representation of YOU. Those people are called Jehova's Witnesses. These people can't distinguish between believing something and sharing and trying to force that sharing upon others.

    I have no issue with people being gay, doing gay things, marrying, just living their lives peacefully and as a matter of fact, most normal gay people don't really like these activist types either,. The problem is, all these companies are ACTIVISTS, not normal people. That's a serious fucking problem.

    And FYI, one of my favorite series is Sense8 and if you've seen that, you know I'm not one of "those" people. But there are limits. (Which, by the other by, D2 hasn't reached for me, hence I pre-ordered, but the signs are there).
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-09-20 at 07:27 PM.

  5. #225
    While not exactly an expansion, I want to share this with everyone here who are discussing New Content for D2R

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/diablo-...led-out-324229

    We wanted to build a really strong foundation before we started talking about the third and fourth floors on this building. If we misstepped on what the core game was, anything else we were doing would have been kind of meaningless. [...] We definitely have lots of ideas, but right now we're waiting to make sure that we get the core game right. [...] We'll have to see once the game goes live what we do about new runewords, new items, rebalancing, things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Which is a shame, D2 (LoD) is the pinnacle of aRPG game design. It is easy to play, but has enough depth to keep you occupied and glued to the screen for hundreds of hours. PoE is great, but it just isn't as accessible as D2 was/is and also lacks any "soul". When you play Diablo you feel like you join a world full of demons and angels that are in actual eternal war. In PoE you are stranded because of stuff you did in the past, being exiled... lol so epic, right?

    D2 has solved aRPGs and all other after it are trying to improve it but the core design is almost flawless.
    Not a shame. The story concluded. D3 came out. DI will fill in the gap. No reason to add new content to an already outdated game. Bug fixes, more WoL improvements sure, maybe even ladder themes(if you will, thinking more along the lines of M+ modifiers), but new content isn't necessary.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    What drugs are you on? Back then people played for years in a row. We did D2 and D2:Lod with synergies.

    .
    Sure, many did. And many didn't. I have plenty of friends (who outnumber "you") that don't even remember synergies. If you think the people that played in 1.08 were the same ones playing in 1.15, LOL. You would be the one on drugs. And some bad ones, at that.


    As for your other comment... Cuz you watched Sense8 you think you're not one of "those" people? Haha... That's rich.

  8. #228
    No. I highly suspect anything new they designed would feel "tacked on". It wouldn't fit right due to be made by different developers two decades later.

    10x NO! if it would mean I'd have to play the old client to be able to play proper D2.

    I love D2, and a big part of why I'm so excited for this remaster is because it will actually look good on a modern monitor. The only way to make old D2 look right is to play it in a window - which kind of ruins the immersion for me.

    I want a way to play actual, old-school Diablo and have it actually look good on a modern monitor. Screw the argument of "make all the changes, go play the old client if you want the original experience!".

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So let's say in an ideal world, the Remaster does gangbusters sales and they dedicate a dev team to making a new expansion for D2, kinda like how Age of Empires 2 has had a modern resurgence with their modern expansion packs.

    What content would you like to see in a theoretical post-Worldstone shattering expansion?

    Which new continent would you like to explore? What new enemies or bosses would you like to see? New features? New Classes?
    Not much really, the game would need so much work to come up to current-gen standards that they may as well just make a new game. Look at mods like PD2, Median-XL etc. They have so much extra content and constant updates and even they only 1 - 2 weeks per ladder.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Imo they should focus on D2 remaster instead of doin D4 and D2 remaster at the same time and tbh D2 remaster should be done years ago.
    But D2R is still just as clunky to play as the original. It's pretty much the same game but better looking. No thanks. I'd rather even play D3.

  11. #231
    My previous post aside (I don't actually want them to put extra content in D2:R) - I did have a cool idea when I was younger for more D2 expansions past LoD.

    The idea was to have an "Act 6" in the style of Half-Life 2: Episode One. Where you basically do Act 5 backwards - with everything in the area exploding and falling apart after the Worldstone was destroyed, and at the end you'd evacuate Harrogath before the mountain implodes and makes Arreat Crater. Then, for Act 7 - you'd flee somewhere else with the Harrogath NPC's with new problems to deal with (Scosglen maybe?).

    Could make a cool spin-off or fan-game.

  12. #232
    All that I know is it sounds like from the last interview they consider this a live game which means many more changes to come, and there is a huge possibility they will be splitting ladder each season having a Classic no changes ladder and a Ressurected ladder with balance chamges made and possibly new content. I just hope they add gem and rune stacking next like they mentioned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    No. I highly suspect anything new they designed would feel "tacked on". It wouldn't fit right due to be made by different developers two decades later.

    10x NO! if it would mean I'd have to play the old client to be able to play proper D2.

    I love D2, and a big part of why I'm so excited for this remaster is because it will actually look good on a modern monitor. The only way to make old D2 look right is to play it in a window - which kind of ruins the immersion for me.

    I want a way to play actual, old-school Diablo and have it actually look good on a modern monitor. Screw the argument of "make all the changes, go play the old client if you want the original experience!".
    They will have both in the same game, isn't too hard to grasp. If you think more changes aren't coming you are fooling yourself.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All that I know is it sounds like from the last interview they consider this a live game which means many more changes to come, and there is a huge possibility they will be splitting ladder each season having a Classic no changes ladder and a Ressurected ladder with balance chamges made and possibly new content. I just hope they add gem and rune stacking next like they mentioned.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They will have both in the same game, isn't too hard to grasp. If you think more changes aren't coming you are fooling yourself.
    Changes? Probably - unless the community throws a tantrum and gets the project axed like WC3:R. New Content? Doubt it.

  14. #234
    The Lightbringer Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    3,007
    Was gonna buy d2:r, but now I'm not. So even buying an expansion is a no go.

  15. #235
    Nah anything they add after D2 would be a piece of shit.

    They already fucked the remaster by changing shit, a new expansion from modern Blizzard would be terrible

  16. #236
    It's not Blizzard making the remaster if I have understood it right, so why would they add an expansion. I would assume it would be hard for Blizzard employees to get into the code and make new content? I'm not a game developer I don't know how it works.

    Also ppl seem mad they made some changes. I have not payed attention to what exactly they are mad about though.

    Only change I have seen is they removed LAN support, a good thing to stop cheating. You can hate D3 all you want but it DID fix the duplication of items issue that plagued D2.

    Personally I rather they focus on D4 and start working on an expansion for that already now before it's released.

  17. #237
    So i'll have to maybe eat my hat - since they're considering to make eventually new stuff for D2. However i like how their priority is to make the game as true to its origins as possible - if new stuff comes, i'd be more tempted to buy it. Right now, i don't have as much hype as expected. In the end, while the remaster is definitely good, i have played D2 so much i don't really feel th urge to play it again.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  18. #238
    The Lightbringer Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    3,007
    Ehhh I wish they would stick to keeping it to a 1 to 1 remake, instead they have instead made my char completely ugly with their reimagining and the other into a murderhobo (druid). Seriously. They censored their own mature rated game.

    And this is coming from a woman that loved her amazon. Basically telling women they cant look cute or sexy when ur a hardened warrior, when the Olympics, UFC, and the gym beg to differ. Just shut up and cover up.

    Yea i refuse to support such things. 1 to 1 copy wasnt that hard.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    It's not Blizzard making the remaster if I have understood it right.
    It is Blizzard, but a team they bought and integrated into the company

    Same as how they originally bought Condor and turned them to Blizzard North.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Sure, many did. And many didn't. I have plenty of friends (who outnumber "you") that don't even remember synergies. If you think the people that played in 1.08 were the same ones playing in 1.15, LOL. You would be the one on drugs. And some bad ones, at that.
    1.15? synergies came in patch 1.10... only about 3 years after release...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •