Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The one thing you can guarantee with blizzard/studio's under their wing who will all receive the same messages from the top is that they like to make money,

So its in their best interest to make the game good. HOPEFULLY they learned something from warcraft 3 reforged, but that remains to be seen. I wont be getting my hopes up high for any project but I'll still have an open mind and hope for the best.

That said I do have serious worries for this project. Because its pretty much a 1 for 1 remake with nothing added, and the game badly needs more content or changes otherwise its just a 2 week play through and forget.
    It's a remaster. Nothing should be added. That would be remake territory. The while point is to modernize an old game to take advantage of newer tech like better graphics, better networking, and such. No reason to add anything. They could be there is no need to on a remaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I actually had quite the opposite experience. Due to bots and trade seasons are just a race that expires in no time. Meanwhile i just played offline and farmed stuff for years at my pace without many issues, and the game lasted forever for me.

The mindset is that i don't need the best item. I want to hunt for the best items. When i get those, the hunt is over and the game aswell. If i buy those, the game stops before actually starting (but it's only my opinion).
    Never went online with D2. My experience was different. Sure I went at my own pace, but the fact that droprates were designed around trading, and were pretty low for both offline and online made me frustrated.

I remember a 2 week period were I would play after work for about 2 hours a night. I saw not 1 quality upgrade the entire time. If anything, rates should have been, and should be tweaked a bit for offline play.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Never went online with D2. My experience was different. Sure I went at my own pace, but the fact that droprates were designed around trading, and were pretty low for both offline and online made me frustrated.

I remember a 2 week period were I would play after work for about 2 hours a night. I saw not 1 quality upgrade the entire time. If anything, rates should have been, and should be tweaked a bit for offline play.
    Well, i was young and naive and all i wanted was to kill monsters so i had my fun. I assume that if i'm getting the remaster, i don't know how much time i would last - i don't have that free time nor the "innocence" anymore, i know what needs to be done.

I'm sure it will be a good product and so many D2 fans will be happy. If it gives new life to the game i'm happy. But i'm mostly done with it. The only way i see myself playing it again a lot will be if i can mod it as easily as i did long time ago and add hundreds of new items because it just made sense to have more stuff to farm.

GOGO dual wield wands barb.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Maybe they can add a class? Wizard? Witch Doctor? Maybe a new area?

Considering that Diablo immortal takes place between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, I doubt if they will add an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Maybe they can add a class? Wizard? Witch Doctor? Maybe a new area?

Considering that Diablo immortal takes place between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, I doubt if they will add an expansion.
    Don't really see it happening. Mostly because why would they spend effort and time in designing something new for an old game when they have D4 in development? It's not much about if it's right or not to add stuff to the remaster, but mostly because they surely don't want people stick with the old game and ignore the new one coming.

And it has nothing to do with one game being better than the other. It's simply "we need to sell D4 otherwise it's been wasted time and resources". But i like what i've seen about D4 so far.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    People seem to forget you can only kill one or two bosses on Hell because of immunities
    I'm not sure if things have changed since I last played in 1.10 but I used to MF all final bosses with no issues as a Blizzard Sorc with an A5 Merc wielding Azurewrath.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Don't really see it happening. Mostly because why would they spend effort and time in designing something new for an old game when they have D4 in development? It's not much about if it's right or not to add stuff to the remaster, but mostly because they surely don't want people stick with the old game and ignore the new one coming.

And it has nothing to do with one game being better than the other. It's simply "we need to sell D4 otherwise it's been wasted time and resources". But i like what i've seen about D4 so far.
    I agree. Also Diablo Immortal has the opportunity to cash a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I'm not sure if things have changed since I last played in 1.10 but I used to MF all final bosses with no issues as a Blizzard Sorc with an A5 Merc wielding Azurewrath.
    The bosses themselves can be killed but if a cold immune mob spawns close, have fun kiting them away. Can't remember if baal room adds spawn with immunities or not. But people normally run that in groups anyway

The bosses themselves can be killed but if a cold immune mob spawns close, have fun kiting them away. Can't remember if baal room adds spawn with immunities or not. But people normally run that in groups anyway
    The second wave of baal mobs have magic immunity. Specifically the Greater Mummy class of monster (the one that revives skeletons you usually see in sewers and getting the cube).
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do remember that each wave had some type of immunity but I was still able to clear it by spamming Static and letting my Merc handle it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I do remember that each wave had some type of immunity but I was still able to clear it by spamming Static and letting my Merc handle it.
    Static and a well geared merc will do it. Thats one class though :/

And its the reason most people roll cold sorc to farm with in the first place. (Mainly because of free teleport vs the expensive enigma runeword and speed running/ being able to damage from range because high magic find gear makes you weak)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    as far as I know no bosses are immune, named uniques and so forth can be though
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So let's say in an ideal world, the Remaster does gangbusters sales and they dedicate a dev team to making a new expansion for D2, kinda like how Age of Empires 2 has had a modern resurgence with their modern expansion packs.

What content would you like to see in a theoretical post-Worldstone shattering expansion?

Which new continent would you like to explore? What new enemies or bosses would you like to see? New features? New Classes?
    It's not going to happen. They're not going to put development time into a game they deem dead, when they're already working on D4. Case and point: They're not even the company remastering D2, they outsourced it to cheaper developers to remaster because they don't deem it worth their time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's not going to happen. They're not going to put development time into a game they deem dead, when they're already working on D4. Case and point: They're not even the company remastering D2, they outsourced it to cheaper developers to remaster because they don't deem it worth their time.
    If anything, Activision gave the remaster to an actually competent team after the W3: Refunded fiasco revealed that Blizzard is too incompetent to even make a remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I agree. Also Diablo Immortal has the opportunity to cash a lot.
    I consider Immortal a stand-alone thing. More like the whole "insert franchise here" theme mobile games. Last one i tried is the Crash Bandicoot autorunner - i like it, it plays fluid and it's Crash, it surprisingly fits the game type and platform well.

Immortal will be nice to play, will have retention and will make money, only not from the old-school/PC fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If anything, Activision gave the remaster to an actually competent team after the W3: Refunded fiasco revealed that Blizzard is too incompetent to even make a remaster.
    I don't really have anything to say against this VV work on Crash Bandicoot was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There is so much wrong with what you said.

Classic team is pretty much gone. The team was dismantled.

D2R isn't being outsourced, VV is officially part of Blizzard now. Unless you are talking about artwork being outsourced, to which we can say artwork has been outsourced for years now including Starcraft Remastered and Overwatch skins.

I actually had quite the opposite experience. Due to bots and trade seasons are just a race that expires in no time. Meanwhile i just played offline and farmed stuff for years at my pace without many issues, and the game lasted forever for me.

The mindset is that i don't need the best item. I want to hunt for the best items. When i get those, the hunt is over and the game aswell. If i buy those, the game stops before actually starting (but it's only my opinion).
    Well that's not exactly what i meant.

What i wanted to say is, with no bots around, there won't be so many rooms running baal on normal, nightmare and hell, or Diablo, or cows, or tristam, or tombs, etc

Sadly, at this point bots run the game after a few days into the season. And when the remaster loses its boom, we'll see how it goes without the "humpf" from bots on spammy games to level chars. OFC you can play offline and enjoy it, i was just talking about how healthy the games stays specifically online.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Well that's not exactly what i meant.

What i wanted to say is, with no bots around, there won't be so many rooms running baal on normal, nightmare and hell, or Diablo, or cows, or tristam, or tombs, etc

Sadly, at this point bots run the game after a few days into the season. And when the remaster loses its boom, we'll see how it goes without the "humpf" from bots on spammy games to level chars. OFC you can play offline and enjoy it, i was just talking about how healthy the games stays specifically online.
    Yeah, makes sense. Sort of like in PoE where economy thrives because bots farming and making so stuff is not too much rare - if everything was solely farmed by players, actual supply would be greatly reduced. I don't know if i'm gonna play it - must say that alpha has been a blast and super fun but how long will it last, i don't know.

The real thing i'm curious about is if the "mod support" will be kept in this new version. From what i've seen, data is packaged in a completely different way compared to the original game, but if as they say "the original game is running under the hood", i suppose it's just a matter of how to deal with the new package.
    Obviously for offline stuff. Things like Median XL are going to have an hard time.

Yeah, makes sense. Sort of like in PoE where economy thrives because bots farming and making so stuff is not too much rare - if everything was solely farmed by players, actual supply would be greatly reduced. I don't know if i'm gonna play it - must say that alpha has been a blast and super fun but how long will it last, i don't know.

The real thing i'm curious about is if the "mod support" will be kept in this new version. From what i've seen, data is packaged in a completely different way compared to the original game, but if as they say "the original game is running under the hood", i suppose it's just a matter of how to deal with the new package.
    Obviously for offline stuff. Things like Median XL are going to have an hard time.
    Yeah, about mods, it's hard to tell how it will end. Specially after how much they gutted custom content in warcraft 3 with the "reforged", i wouldn't get my hopes too high for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Yeah, about mods, it's hard to tell how it will end. Specially after how much they gutted custom content in warcraft 3 with the "reforged", i wouldn't get my hopes too high for now...
    Yeah, it's not even like there was something explicitly done for those like WC3 custom campaigns and maps. Yet the scene has been pretty wide for a long time - also i had countless hours of fun adding new stuff in the game. I think i added around 40 sets, 200 uniques, 100 runewords etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo they should focus on D2 remaster instead of doin D4 and D2 remaster at the same time and tbh D2 remaster should be done years ago.