Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, it's not even like there was something explicitly done for those like WC3 custom campaigns and maps. Yet the scene has been pretty wide for a long time - also i had countless hours of fun adding new stuff in the game. I think i added around 40 sets, 200 uniques, 100 runewords etc.
    I played Path of Diablo and had good fun for a while indeed. Let's hope we get something like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Yeah, about mods, it's hard to tell how it will end. Specially after how much they gutted custom content in warcraft 3 with the "reforged", i wouldn't get my hopes too high for now...
    Despite whatever Blizzard does to gut the custom scene, modders will prevail.

I'm hopeful to see how things progress with this D2 remake. Hopefully they're using a similar model format to Reforged, it'd open up a whole slew of customizable units and assets.

I'd be interesting to see the future of D2R modding, and if people can add in whole new classes or levels beyond just messing with the data tables.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Imo they should focus on D2 remaster instead of doin D4 and D2 remaster at the same time and tbh D2 remaster should be done years ago.
    I could see them leaving the Vicarious Visions team to focus on D2 expansions if D2 fans demand it. It'd be an overall great idea. I fully trust VV in creating something proper and faithful.

Immunities killed it for me. .08 and .09 was the best. Once immunities came along i stopped playing. Seeing the amazing mods they have make me want to get a desktop to play rather then on xbox.

I would hope they let us mod xbox and ps versions like fallout but prob not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Everyone saying Immunities break the game ECT. there are Tons of work arounds on all class/builds.... the fact you can now respec gives you a chance to switch up build to farm diffrent areas of the game and make Hybrid builds.
    Everyone will start with a Blizz sorc to farm the usual hot spots, once you get some gear you can likely switch to a Hybrid build and a few more areas become viable...

also
    you can gear a Merc to get killing blows on some immunites.

Once you get enough gear you can build a Hammerdin which can inturn farm 99% of the game with just Enigma(yeah quite expensive but once your MF sorc has found enough stuff to trade!)

spent aprox 100 hours and im running a decent 400+ MF blizz sorc farming, Andy, Countress(using merc and cheese method), Tunnels, lower Kurast superchests, Methisto, Pindleskin. i could switch to a Orb/FB or blizz/fb and farm a couple of other areas possibly tbh but its not really required.

End game for sorceress/Java is infinity which isnt even impossible to get xD. Just learn what stuff has value and sells. D2jsp is a great area to start.

to add, just skip any Immunities lol hunt Champion/uniq mobs with high monster density around them while on the way to diffrent areas eZpk
    Last edited by Soj88; 2021-07-27 at 01:46 AM.

Will not happen: because they can only do it worse. Like so many games, there is a lot of nostalgica involved, that does not mean it's the "best game ever" people have in mind. Diablo 2 has a loooooot of faults, but is described a masterpiece (because there was nothing else).

And there is actually an "expansion"; Diablo Immortal.

It's like you forgot that Hdin/Enigma/Insight exists lol. Aren't any immunities those OP hammers. @RobertoCarlos

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    There's lots of nuances to D2. What era are they bringing in? The current?

I think most people with fond memories of Diablo 2 are pre-synergies - some probably dabbled, but definitely not a whole lot that dealt with it after as opposed to before. They're going to be in for a shock if that's where D2R starts off.
    The time period I enjoyed Diablo 2 the most was pre-LoD; I haven't heard if Diablo 2:Resurrected will have the game split to play classic or just LoD.

The game does need more content though... I do not feel like HD graphics are a big enough draw for me to play it again when the competition is so much better; I need new D2 content to even consider buying the game. Titan Quest, PoE, Grim Dawn, Last Epoch, Lost Ark, Fractured, The Ascent; there's a lot of good stuff out there. I don't feel like this remaster appeals to younger audiences, and I know a lot of people that have just moved on from the franchise completely, myself included . The fostering of the fanbase just isn't there, and hasn't been there. I don't know, this whole remakes just comes off as desperate and following trends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it bro, nor do I want current blizzard to add anything because I have 0 faith in them adding anything half decent.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Anything can happen. I was firmly in the "No Classic" club and firmly in the "No D4" club... yet, here we are. And Classic is being expanded on.
    Got a source for this? I know you said it months ago, but I've never seen anything about "Classic being expanded on" beyond the whole "fresh server" thing. Or did you mean them adding TBC Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    The time period I enjoyed Diablo 2 the most was pre-LoD; I haven't heard if Diablo 2:Resurrected will have the game split to play classic or just LoD.

The game does need more content though... I do not feel like HD graphics are a big enough draw for me to play it again when the competition is so much better; I need new D2 content to even consider buying the game. Titan Quest, PoE, Grim Dawn, Last Epoch, Lost Ark, Fractured, The Ascent; there's a lot of good stuff out there. I don't feel like this remaster appeals to younger audiences, and I know a lot of people that have just moved on from the franchise completely, myself included . The fostering of the fanbase just isn't there, and hasn't been there. I don't know, this whole remakes just comes off as desperate and following trends.
    D2R is 1.14. It includes LoD and is not broken up.

It's not a desperate cash grab or just following trends. A D2 remaster/remake has been highly requested for at least 10 years. This has been planned for years now, ever since they announced they were remastering the big 3.

All in all, it was done to bring it to modern machines at modern resolutions and graphics. If it fosters more interest in the series from those that haven't played becauae they were not around or too young, or if it generates interest from those that tries it but couldn't deal with the old graphics low resolutions then it's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Got a source for this? I know you said it months ago, but I've never seen anything about "Classic being expanded on" beyond the whole "fresh server" thing. Or did you mean them adding TBC Classic?
    Hopefully he's talking about TBC. Because he's full of it if he thinks classic is getting new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    D2R is 1.14. It includes LoD and is not broken up.
    That's unfortunate, I played the original way more even after LoD came out; personally I enjoyed the game more without runewords and charms.

Anyways... I have a few friends and family that are looking forward to D2R.
    Would you happen to know if D2R will be compatible with D2 over battle.net? I wouldn't think a HD reskin would affect the connectivity side of things.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I believe I meant Blizzard adding TBC classic and I chose my words poorly.
    Gotcha, gotcha. That makes sense. Yeah, the continuation with the expansions is certainly an indicator that they're a bit more open-minded than we thought, though by how much is up for debate.

We might get some changes in a month or two after release, simple QoL things that people have been begging for a long time(stackable items, buffs/reworks to worthless skills) and the like, we might get some limited timed events buffs in ladder similar to D3 season buffs, we might even get an Act 6 if things go incredibly well into our favor but we will never get an expansion for a game that is 21 years old. Especially not with D4 in production.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    That's unfortunate, I played the original way more even after LoD came out; personally I enjoyed the game more without runewords and charms.

Anyways... I have a few friends and family that are looking forward to D2R.
    Would you happen to know if D2R will be compatible with D2 over battle.net? I wouldn't think a HD reskin would affect the connectivity side of things.
    AFAIK no. They are two separate games running on two separate infrastructures. D2 currently does not run on the modern B.net.

the elitist will cry like girls if they released a expac for this I for one would love to see it, keep this game rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    the elitist will cry like girls if they released a expac for this I for one would love to see it, keep this game rolling.
    Not going to happen. D2R is a one and done with maintenance and upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Not going to happen. D2R is a one and done with maintenance and upkeep.
    Which is a shame, D2 (LoD) is the pinnacle of aRPG game design. It is easy to play, but has enough depth to keep you occupied and glued to the screen for hundreds of hours. PoE is great, but it just isn't as accessible as D2 was/is and also lacks any "soul". When you play Diablo you feel like you join a world full of demons and angels that are in actual eternal war. In PoE you are stranded because of stuff you did in the past, being exiled... lol so epic, right?

D2 has solved aRPGs and all other after it are trying to improve it but the core design is almost flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    There's lots of nuances to D2. What era are they bringing in? The current?

I think most people with fond memories of Diablo 2 are pre-synergies - some probably dabbled, but definitely not a whole lot that dealt with it after as opposed to before. They're going to be in for a shock if that's where D2R starts off.
    What drugs are you on? Back then people played for years in a row. We did D2 and D2:Lod with synergies.

I'm against any and all change. I personally feel that allowing respec (2010?) already oversteps. I'm a purist. D2 has way more than 10h of gameplay in it, in the range of another 10k on top of the previous 10k, and if it's not your type of game, go play D4.

No expansions, no more additional content. Bring me D2 as it was, and especially do not let any of your woke devs touch more than the Amazon and Assassin, because my God, that alone manages to make me cringe when thinking about it, I probably couldn't handle them implementing LQTBXYZLMNOP characters to force feed "morals" to people that just want a good game. That's what D4 is going to be like, you can have it.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-09-20 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    What drugs are you on? Back then people played for years in a row. We did D2 and D2:Lod with synergies.

I'm against any and all change. I personally feel that allowing respec (2010?) already oversteps. I'm a purist. D2 has way more than 10h of gameplay in it, in the range of another 10k on top of the previous 10k, and if it's not your type of game, go play D4.

No expansions, no more additional content. Bring me D2 as it was, and especially do not let any of your woke devs touch more than the Amazon and Assassin, because my God, that alone manages to make me cringe when thinking about it, I probably couldn't handle them implementing LQTBXYZLMNOP characters to force feed "morals" to people that just want a good game. That's what D4 is going to be like, you can have it.
    Acknowledging gay people exist=forcing morals.

I swear people like yourself hit themselves in the head with a hammer before they post.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.