Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    This entire reasoning implies that the leveling content is not part of TBC, which is a point I'm not going to subscribe to. Any new character created during TBC had to level through it, so claiming it's not part of TBC is obviously wrong.
    Actually, you're the one that is "obviously wrong" here, though. The reasoning is that the vanilla leveling content is not part of TBC. Which is a fact. What you're saying is like stating the vanilla leveling content is part of the Shadowlands experience. Which it is not.

    It doesn't matter that everyone had to go through the vanilla leveling content while making a new character back during TBC. It's still outdated content that does not belong to the new expansion. That's like saying New Mexico is part of Arizona because you have to cross New Mexico to go from Texas to Arizona.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  2. #62
    No changes is obv gone.

    So now can they add updated character models, creatures and textures via a toggle? Would be nice :l

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It doesn't matter that everyone had to go through the vanilla leveling content while making a new character back during TBC.
    I'm sorry, how so ? If you have to go through the content, that's kinda the proof that it's still relevant and still part of the whole. Your argument doesn't make sense.
    It's still outdated content that does not belong to the new expansion. That's like saying New Mexico is part of Arizona because you have to cross New Mexico to go from Texas to Arizona.
    No, that's broken reasoning. It's no more "outdated" than the lvl 1-20 from the new races.

  4. #64
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'm sorry, how so ?
    The answer is logical: because it's not TBC content.

    No, that's broken reasoning. It's no more "outdated" than the lvl 1-20 from the new races.
    The only "broken reasoning" here is yours. It is outdated content because it is not part of the expansion's content.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  5. #65
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    I didn't play a single character on classic beyond level 10 until they announced TBC. I have a job as well, and accomplished everything you did and possibly more. All of which have nothing to do with the point at hand, but grats on the flex I guess.

    It isn't suffering, it's the game. If you consider having to level your character in an RPG game suffering, especially considering the rep and attunement grind ahead of you, I don't understand how it's your favorite expansion.
    My point was I don't enjoy Vanilla, and I especially don't enjoy doing it all again 14 years later because someone else decided to play Vanilla again for 1.5 years. It's not a "flex". The biggest argument I've seen against boosts is "I put in X amount of time into Vanilla, it's not fair for someone to boost to 58". Sure completely new people might pay the $60 to boost to 58, but I would wager more folks like myself that know how to play WoW, and played TBC when it was current content will use the boost.

    BTW not liking Vanilla leveling =/= not liking leveling in an RPG. GEEZ.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    So, they decided to do nothing about the gold problem in classic, that is moving straight to BC? How everyone and their grandmother who played classic will have epic flying right off the bat, unlike back in the days. Good luck with gathering professions to anyone who isn't a gold baron in classic right now, you'll never get to pick anything in the outlands with so many epic flyers around after day 1.
    Oh no we're in a era of WoW that professions mean something and so do mats, "how dare people MAKE MONEY OFF OF PROFESSIONS AGAIN!!! reeeee"

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    My point was I don't enjoy Vanilla, and I especially don't enjoy doing it all again 14 years later because someone else decided to play Vanilla again for 1.5 years. It's not a "flex". The biggest argument I've seen against boosts is "I put in X amount of time into Vanilla, it's not fair for someone to boost to 58". Sure completely new people might pay the $60 to boost to 58, but I would wager more folks like myself that know how to play WoW, and played TBC when it was current content will use the boost.

    BTW not liking Vanilla leveling =/= not liking leveling in an RPG. GEEZ.
    That's a fine opinion, but to me it goes against the ethos. I think a majority of players who refer to TBC as the best expansion have the same mentality, as boosts were not in the game then. Or in Wrath. Or Cata....etc.

    I know people are older now, we all have jobs and/or families, but so did people back then believe it or not. They still had to level. So too should we now.

    Boosting is for modern WoW. Not classic.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Oh no we're in a era of WoW that professions mean something and so do mats, "how dare people MAKE MONEY OFF OF PROFESSIONS AGAIN!!! reeeee"
    I'm amazed by how badly you managed to miss the point. Don't do drugs, or this happens to your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    That's a fine opinion, but to me it goes against the ethos. I think a majority of players who refer to TBC as the best expansion have the same mentality, as boosts were not in the game then. Or in Wrath. Or Cata....etc.

    I know people are older now, we all have jobs and/or families, but so did people back then believe it or not. They still had to level. So too should we now.

    Boosting is for modern WoW. Not classic.
    Maybe Blizzard has a data-driven reason to provide boosts. It’s probably not difficult to ascertain the level of interest in TBC vs the number of accounts that didn’t successfully make it to 60, and conclude that the leveling experience of Classic could hurt the potential for TBC Classic.

    The prevalence of dungeon boosts in Classic sort of refutes your point. Even die hard Classic players don’t want to level again, when given an alternate option.

    So that leaves the nostalgia purists, which will always be the minority.

    Really, though, one boost per account is going to translate to a lot of level 62 abandoned toons as people figure out what class they actually want to play. Yeah, boosting a Warrior to 58 helps skip the Classic grind but it’s not much better in Outlands.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Maybe Blizzard has a data-driven reason to provide boosts. It’s probably not difficult to ascertain the level of interest in TBC vs the number of accounts that didn’t successfully make it to 60, and conclude that the leveling experience of Classic could hurt the potential for TBC Classic.

    The prevalence of dungeon boosts in Classic sort of refutes your point. Even die hard Classic players don’t want to level again, when given an alternate option.

    So that leaves the nostalgia purists, which will always be the minority.

    Really, though, one boost per account is going to translate to a lot of level 62 abandoned toons as people figure out what class they actually want to play. Yeah, boosting a Warrior to 58 helps skip the Classic grind but it’s not much better in Outlands.
    Maybe they do have data. Maybe they threw it out there to gauge reaction. The datapoint of people who leveled to 60 vs TBC interest isn't everything because some people, like me for example, didn't really care to play Vanilla over again but definitely want to play TBC/Wrath. Also probably a fair amount of 60's who won't be going on to TBC. I also accept it's an RPG game leveling is part of it.

    Do you have some data on dungeon boost prevalence? And not all classic players "don't want to level again" as I'm not the only person who's lodging complains with a boost system.

    There will be a lot of people who abandon it or reroll. I'd argue it'll be close to the number of people who'd abandon leveling or reroll anyways, boost or not. But that isn't the point or relevant.
    Last edited by Struggle; 2021-02-28 at 02:01 PM.

  11. #71
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    28,201
    Sure wish I'd known about the boost BEFORE I spent all those hours slogging through the God-awful Classic leveling experience...

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Oh no we're in a era of WoW that professions mean something and so do mats, "how dare people MAKE MONEY OFF OF PROFESSIONS AGAIN!!! reeeee"
    The point of that post WOOSHED over your head didn't it buddy .

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I'm amazed by how badly you managed to miss the point. Don't do drugs, or this happens to your head.
    It's funny to see people like you that don't know why there is a gold problem in classic WoW. So you might want to know the reasons why before you talk **** kid.

    1. Boosting, major source of gold income cause lvling in classic is garbage

    2. Professions/mats ARE INSANELY WORTH DOING AND WORTH GOLD

    Having a fresh TBC AND OR CLASSIC server wont fix these problems when people already know the net worth of items in classic and TBC. Items for BSing and Tailoring are gonna be insanely expensive cause people know those items can be bis for some classes for awhile. The fact you honestly think it will fix gold issues shows you know nothing about basic economics which is pretty pathetic.

    In your words don't do drugs or you'll know nothing about basic economics which is taught in middle school, I'm surprised you can even function.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    The point of that post WOOSHED over your head didn't it buddy .
    Nah people like you who fail at basic economics can't see the reason why there's a inflation. There's a reason why no society IRL will do a hard reset in their economy CAUSE IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE.
    Last edited by Hexme; 2021-02-28 at 10:10 PM.

  14. #74
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You both seems to make a lot of efforts to pretend to not get the point, so I'll hold your hand through the difficult mental task of understanding grade school level reasoning.

    The boost is justified by saying that people would like to play with their friends, who are starting TBC with their level 60, right now without having to level up.
    I'm saying that if it's justified to ask for a lvl 58 "to be able to play with friends which are at level 60 without having to spend a lot of time in leveling up" when TBC starts, why isn't it then justified to ask for a lvl 58 "to be able to play with friends which are at level 60 without having to spend a lot of time in leveling up" right now ?

    I know, that's hard stuff, don't get a headache trying to figure it out.
    Other person gave you a good rebuttal now that you've elaborated on your nonsensical question, but I also see that you're working off the flawed assumption that I always agree with Blizzard and think that a 58 boost this late in the game for Classic would be a bad thing but for BC it's a good thing. For BC it IS a good thing whether you like it or not, and for Classic I actually don't agree with Blizzard and I don't think it would matter. Classic is more or less over at this point.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| retired.

  15. #75
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    That's a fine opinion, but to me it goes against the ethos. I think a majority of players who refer to TBC as the best expansion have the same mentality, as boosts were not in the game then. Or in Wrath. Or Cata....etc.

    I know people are older now, we all have jobs and/or families, but so did people back then believe it or not. They still had to level. So too should we now.

    Boosting is for modern WoW. Not classic.
    I don't disagree with you, but there are a few obvious reasons for the boost. Money and demand. Why throw away $15 a month, on top of the $60 boost revenue, to gate people out of jumping into TBC? There must be some analytics internally at Blizzard that says they will make more by offering boosts versus milking subs to slog through old content. Remember at the end of the day ActiBlizzard only cares about money and profits.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The answer is logical: because it's not TBC content.
    Let me repeat it :

    I'm sorry, how so ? If you have to go through the content, that's kinda the proof that it's still relevant and still part of the whole. Your argument doesn't make sense.

    People who created new character after BC had been released didn't skip the leveling. So it seems it was content relevant to BC at the time, just like leveling is still relevant to Classic now even if the main action happens in max level raids.
    The only "broken reasoning" here is yours. It is outdated content because it is not part of the expansion's content.
    See above. Repeating like a bot "it's not BC content" doesn't counter the fact it's still relevant and if we accept that people shouldn't skip content to be able to play with their friends now, they shouldn't be able to skip content to play with their friend after BC release.

    Now I'm not going to waste more time arguing with people who don't like Classic to begin with about how Classic should be.

  17. #77
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Let me repeat it :

    I'm sorry, how so ? If you have to go through the content, that's kinda the proof that it's still relevant and still part of the whole. Your argument doesn't make sense.
    You have to cross New Mexico if you wish to go to Arizona from Texas. By your logic, that's like saying New Mexico is part of Arizona "because you have to go through it."

    People who created new character after BC had been released didn't skip the leveling. So it seems it was content relevant to BC at the time, just like leveling is still relevant to Classic now even if the main action happens in max level raids.
    The only relevant leveling for TBC is the 60-70 bracket. Before that is not TBC content.

    See above. Repeating like a bot "it's not BC content" doesn't counter the fact it's still relevant
    Except it does. It's not relevant. None that of the content from vanilla will carry over to TBC:
    • None of the vanilla reputations are relevant anymore;
    • None of the vanilla zones are relevant anymore;
    • None of the vanilla raids are relevant anymore;
    • None of the vanilla crafting recipes are relevant anymore;
    • None of the vanilla reagents are relevant anymore;
    • None of the vanilla gear are relevant anymore;

    And so on and so forth. The vanilla level became just a hoop to jump through to join your friends in the actual relevant content, which is the 60-70 zones.

    and if we accept that people shouldn't skip content to be able to play with their friends now,
    Except no relevant content will be skipped.

    they shouldn't be able to skip content to play with their friend after BC release.
    In your opinion.

    Now I'm not going to waste more time arguing with people who don't like Classic to begin with about how Classic should be.
    And who would that be? Because it's certainly not me.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-03-02 at 01:35 AM.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    It's funny to see people like you that don't know why there is a gold problem in classic WoW. So you might want to know the reasons why before you talk **** kid.

    1. Boosting, major source of gold income cause lvling in classic is garbage

    2. Professions/mats ARE INSANELY WORTH DOING AND WORTH GOLD

    Having a fresh TBC AND OR CLASSIC server wont fix these problems when people already know the net worth of items in classic and TBC. Items for BSing and Tailoring are gonna be insanely expensive cause people know those items can be bis for some classes for awhile. The fact you honestly think it will fix gold issues shows you know nothing about basic economics which is pretty pathetic.

    In your words don't do drugs or you'll know nothing about basic economics which is taught in middle school, I'm surprised you can even function.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nah people like you who fail at basic economics can't see the reason why there's a inflation. There's a reason why no society IRL will do a hard reset in their economy CAUSE IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE.
    you must be one of those people that think the stock market is overvalued cause we are about to get runaway inflation in the double digits /sigh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •