Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    For the relatively similar reason why people go on dates instead of booking hookers.
    +1 internets for you sir (ma'am?)

For the relatively similar reason why people go on dates instead of booking hookers.
    Except that while I'm happy to go on dates, I don't begrudge anyone their hooker visits. Their activities have nothing to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    What people don't get is that it's not a time waster. It's an investment. You build characters, you aren't given them for nothing.
    Not everyone has 72+ hours just to level to 58 to start leveling with your friends. You're not missing anything from 1-58.

The problem with the boost is that they've made the problem themself. They could have just had people make a TBC Classic character and start at lvl 58.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Not everyone has 72+ hours just to level to 58 to start leveling with your friends. You're not missing anything from 1-58.
    If only people who played during Burning Crusade knew about and appreciated the fact that you need to level from 1 to 70...play retail if you want to boost a character or "i hav a jerb bla bla" or "only so much time bla bla" excuses. That's what retail is for. Classic is for leveling from 1-70.

" Warlock
    Curse of Tongues now lasts 1 minute (was 30 seconds) and lasts 20 seconds against enemy players (was 12 seconds). "

tf is this ??????

warlock devs r playing league, jesus !

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    So what, if you start playing Classic today you would be entitled a lvl 60 with raid gear because "I don't have 200+ hours to waste to start playing with my friends" ?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    What people don't get is that it's not a time waster. It's an investment. You build characters, you aren't given them for nothing.
    It's an investment of a massive amount of time that you slog through just so you can play the actual game. It's an archaic mechanic to prolong play time and nothing more. Imagine if you had to play some casual game with no thought required for an absurd amount of time before you could play the different game that you actually want to play. That's essentially what leveling in WoW is. There's no challenge in it, it's just pure wasting time until you get to the point where the actual game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    So what, if you start playing Classic today you would be entitled a lvl 60 with raid gear because "I don't have 200+ hours to waste to start playing with my friends" ?
    I think you're intentionally missing that person's point. They're talking about investing 72+ hours of grinding just to be able to START playing with their friends. Nobody is asking for free gear.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I think you're intentionally missing that person's point. They're talking about investing 72+ hours of grinding just to be able to START playing with their friends.
    And... what's the difference with my example ?
    Nobody is asking for free gear.
    Then don't include the gear, doesn't change the point. If it's okay to ask for a free 58 to play with your friend at the beginning of BC, how is it different from asking for a free 58 to play with your friend who are 60 right now ?

I strictly don't play Classic cause i'm not slogging through 1-60 (again cause i played vanilla in 2005 EU launch), but i will play TBC cause the boost to 58 is perfect for me.

I just don't get why there are players who are so up in arms about this being an option for people. More options is better than no options! What don't ya'll understand?
    Last edited by Bane-Thunder-God; 2021-02-25 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    I strictly don't play Classic cause i'm not slogging through 1-60 (again cause i played vanilla in 2005 EU launch), but i will play TBC cause the boost to 58 is perfect for me.

I just don't get why there are players who are so up in arms about this being an option for people. More options is better than no options! What don't ya'll understand?
    It literally benefits them in every imaginable way. They’ll be miserable no matter what.

Oh no, blizzard is implementing a boost to 58, this will completely eradicate the people that are definitely levelling the old fashioned way and not just getting boosted to 60 by mages >

Newsflash kids, the integrity of the game was never even an issue to begin with and you're screaming into the void.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And... what's the difference with my example ?

Then don't include the gear, doesn't change the point. If it's okay to ask for a free 58 to play with your friend at the beginning of BC, how is it different from asking for a free 58 to play with your friend who are 60 right now ?
    Well first of all it isn't free. It's a one off paid service that lets you skip an absolutely massive grind once through outdated irrelevant content.

This is no way hurts you, it in no way hurts the game, it's beneficial for the health of the game, it's a total positive for you that it exists. Why complain about it?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Melkirth View Post
    The problem with the boost is that they've made the problem themself. They could have just had people make a TBC Classic character and start at lvl 58.
    That's all there is to be said on this. They are just being too greedy, paying sub for a 15-year old version of their game is not enough apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post

See above. The very least they could do, considering you are paying sub for a "museum game" as per their words, is to give at least 1 free character at 58 (not from the new races) and if they want to charge for extra ones.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2021-02-25 at 10:02 PM.

Wow they finally buffed Spitting Cobra! Now do dire beast and ppl might actually run that legendary!

without a doubt if classic had char boosts it would be much more popular game.

i would instantly buy 3-4 when i will never level up as many chars simply because i cba.

That's not even the same comparison lol. It would be the same as getting a lvl 40 character. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    If only people who played during Burning Crusade knew about and appreciated the fact that you need to level from 1 to 70...play retail if you want to boost a character or "i hav a jerb bla bla" or "only so much time bla bla" excuses. That's what retail is for. Classic is for leveling from 1-70.
    Not originally, you only had to level from 58-70. IDK why you're so against more people playing the game?

So I'll be able to make my ally shaman start at level 58 if I wanted too?

If buying hookers was legal in the US i bet more ppl would do it then go out on a date
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, and we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.

WHAT A LYING COMPANY!

I started playing on LK. My experience on LK classic would be 1-80, not 68-80.
    There were no boost back there.
    They are doing the boost for money. At least they could explain that "making classic servers and let them running, while not charging two subs it's needed"
    But no... they prefere to lie. What a bull****

F this company. Hating it every day even more.