Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #321
    Immortal Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    7,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius420 View Post
    A lot of people feel like 2 weeks of prepatch is too short. What do you all think? Was kind of hoping for a month so I can test everything out maybe level up a new pally on horde side let the allies level a shammy. But obviously that did not happen lol.
    Too short, unless they give us a large XP boost for the duration of prepatch.

  2. #322
    This is fucking awful. A pre-patch of at least 4 weeks would have been much better

  3. #323
    There's literally no reason to drag the prepatch out more than 2 weeks. There's nothing that comes in the the TBC pre-patch like, say, a Legion had with it's invasion points. It's added talents and an XP squish.

    Leveling shamans and pallies is really not a valid argument. Blizz said you would get a head start on leveling these classes through the pre-patch and it's exactly what you're getting. It's not meant at all for every player to be able to reach level 58.

  4. #324
    thanks to Bellular & Azmogold the wowhead comments are absolutely being spammed with people pooping their pampers over the deluxe edition. 40 for a boost, 15 dollars worth of game time & 15 for a mount & 2 toys is pretty reasonable

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    There's literally no reason to drag the prepatch out more than 2 weeks. There's nothing that comes in the the TBC pre-patch like, say, a Legion had with it's invasion points. It's added talents and an XP squish.

    Leveling shamans and pallies is really not a valid argument. Blizz said you would get a head start on leveling these classes through the pre-patch and it's exactly what you're getting. It's not meant at all for every player to be able to reach level 58.
    You are missing the point. The point isnt to delay the release, the point is that the prepatch should have been released a month ago. There is zero reason why phase 6 has lasted this long. It would have hurt nobody and only made the game more fun if the prepatch had lasted 1-2 months.

  6. #326
    So all the prepatch and TBC leaks were true in the end. Getting that Shammy to 60 and in decent gear to not slow down my dungeon group will be a challenge.

    It's sad for retail players, but 9.1 doesnt look like it will happen before July at the earliest. Pray that you don't have to wait until august.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    No chance TBC releases in June.
    No chance? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

  8. #328
    People complaining about how short the prepatch is to level their paladins and shamans... you should be happy to get 2 weeks.

    super stoked!

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    People complaining about how short the prepatch is to level their paladins and shamans... you should be happy to get 2 weeks.

    super stoked!
    I'd prefer 4 weeks of prepatch but i honestly prefer a june 1. release more

    With a little luck i can make 50 or so in those two weeks on my shaman

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'm going to bet on april pre-patch and may release, or at most one month later than that.
    Going to /flex here.
    And laugh at all the early predictions that BC Classic would be released late summer, or even during autumn.

  11. #331
    Pretty cool its coming out June 1.

    Although I may not return to play, it is tempting to venture through the dark portal "new" for a 2nd time.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    None of which makes it a necessity not to do one anyway to be sure. Because QA.

    The entirety of the argument that they'll skip PTR for the first time ever and launch a prepatch with no prior warning for the first time ever is a very Veruca Salt-toned "because I want it sooner".

    I think this all depends around giving 9.1 the best showcase they can. If they do have 9.1 ready at the earliest end of the PTR cycle (so late June/early July), they'll push TBC back into August until after Sanctum is out. If 9.1 is taking longer I think they could get TBC out in that early-mid July window and push 9.1 back.

    But in that 'faster TBC' version, it's still PTR between 5/18-6/1, that for probably 2 weeks (if things are as smooth as hoped), then like a 5-6 week pre-patch minimum (because they said it would be longer for leveling BE/draenei), so you're still looking for... 7/13-7/20 for TBC launch in that "TBC first" version and more like Labor Day if 9.1 is ready.

    BTW, are they going to do the actual TBC launch event again, with its own tabard and all? I never heard them say one way or another. That would come during prepatch.
    Ooooof, this must sting now

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Ooooof, this must sting now
    Not really. Every word of it was reasonable and logically founded. I think I was probably giving 2021 Blizzard a little too much credit, is all. Why carefully QA your product when you can just yeet it out onto the servers and charge people more for a mount and a couple toys in a 15 year old game than you did for your most recent retail expansion?

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Too short, unless they give us a large XP boost for the duration of prepatch.
    I read elsewhere that they improved the leveling experience in TBC. You get more exp from quests, added more quests, etc. is that true?

  15. #335
    Immortal Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    7,008
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I read elsewhere that they improved the leveling experience in TBC. You get more exp from quests, added more quests, etc. is that true?
    Not sure how it is currently. Back then the XP values required for levelup have been reduced by something like 30%. Nice, but still a bit too low to level a new char to 60 in 2 weeks comfortably.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I read elsewhere that they improved the leveling experience in TBC. You get more exp from quests, added more quests, etc. is that true?
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.3.0

    "Leveling improvements
    Many leveling improvements have been made for the old world.

    The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
    Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
    Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have been changed to accommodate solo play."

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Not really. Every word of it was reasonable and logically founded. I think I was probably giving 2021 Blizzard a little too much credit, is all. Why carefully QA your product when you can just yeet it out onto the servers and charge people more for a mount and a couple toys in a 15 year old game than you did for your most recent retail expansion?
    I agree about all of your logic. I wish that was true. It stings me that how far they went to being forward and precise and confident into something which feels like "let's milk this as much as we can" and I think it's stupid to believe that it has nothing to do with AoC or ESO either.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.3.0

    "Leveling improvements
    Many leveling improvements have been made for the old world.

    The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
    Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
    Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have been changed to accommodate solo play."
    I guess it's better than nothing lol. Thanks for the link but aren't they releasing 1.13.6 for prepatch which won't include these changes?
    Last edited by crewskater; 2021-05-07 at 02:15 PM.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What makes you think that? Perhals they just wanted a 2 weeks prepatch? I mean its not like they had a great many things to tweak for prepatch, they could easily have opened it this week if they wanted.
    Will be kinda obvious if 9.1 will come 1-1.5 month after TBC (imo 29/30th June for last minute Q2 sub boost from retail players). Otherwise what would be reason to not make it longer when so many people want it? It's not boost, cause boost doesn't apply to Belf/Draenei - rest you could level to 60 last 20 months.

    First, we don't know if it would be ready before 18th, it still comes VERY fast, we don't know what must be prepared to launch pre-patch, especially without PTR.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I guess it's better than nothing lol. Thanks for the link but aren't they releasing 1.13.6 for prepatch which won't include these changes?
    All of tbc including the prepatch will run on patch 2.4. Staggered release of content and seasons(including items that these might bring from other sources like rep and stuff) is the only things that arent patch 2.4 from the getgo.

    That means you will have 2.4 talents, balance and so on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Will be kinda obvious if 9.1 will come 1-1.5 month after TBC (imo 29/30th June for last minute Q2 sub boost from retail players). Otherwise what would be reason to not make it longer when so many people want it? It's not boost, cause boost doesn't apply to Belf/Draenei - rest you could level to 60 last 20 months.

    First, we don't know if it would be ready before 18th, it still comes VERY fast, we don't know what must be prepared to launch pre-patch, especially without PTR.
    we dont know - but i dont think its a shot in the dark to say that the prepatch isnt a big deal(compared to so many other things) for blizzard to push out. At this point rolling out a new patch is second nature to them. Its the content of the patches and server load that might be taking them longer - but we have known for a long time that we are playing on 2.4 and there hasnt been any issues with talents and stuff for a while. I doubt they would have had major issues rolling out this patch two weeks ago.

    If anything its probably because they didnt know if the actual tbc release would be on june the first before a few days ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •