Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah guessing about 2 months of beta for hype and marketing then release. So if beta releases in March, then we could easily have prepatch by May.
    This is the key that a lot of people miss about betas. There’s a reason popular streamers get keys. It’s a massive marketing tool, and it’ll be more than 4 weeks of beta for that reason alone.

  2. #102
    Stood in the Fire keelr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kun Lai Summit
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah guessing about 2 months of beta for hype and marketing then release. So if beta releases in March, then we could easily have prepatch by May.
    Also note that prepatch and beta can overlap since prepatch doesn't bring much new things + prepatch can easily be a nice mass-test of the early class changes imo

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    This is the key that a lot of people miss about betas. There’s a reason popular streamers get keys. It’s a massive marketing tool, and it’ll be more than 4 weeks of beta for that reason alone.
    Would there be something wrong with beta and prepatch being live on the same time btw?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Also note that prepatch and beta can overlap since prepatch doesn't bring much new things + prepatch can easily be a nice mass-test of the early class changes imo
    Beat me to it

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Dude .. what alpha?? This isn't completely new content. There won't be an alpha, they already said at blizzcon that beta will come soon.
    Classic wasn't new content either and it still required an alpha. A friends and family alpha. Us common folks weren't allowed to test it until beta.

  5. #105
    9.1 is predicted to land in May/June. I doubt they purposely over lap again like they did with Naxx (and that only happened because SL delay mind you).

    I would circle in August again. That's when Classic hit. They drop a beta around June/July and get all the streamers playing it as the 9.1 buzz settles back into raid logging. The beta will be solely about hype and not really testing. August rolls around and it releases. In a month or two after that 9.2 rumbles start up. Shortly after that TBC phase rumbles. Constant hype, constant tweets, constant hashtags, and the cycle dies down a bit until Blizzcon and the its next expansion yolo sometime next year hype and then rumbles of WotLK classic start picking up steam. So on and so forth with the process falling on its face a few times because its Blizzard.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Unacceptable to who? What you will do when TBC obviously release August/September? Protest? Don't play? It's clear that Blizz won't release new SL season and TBC at same time.
    They literally released shadow lands with phase 6. I don't think they really care if it's launched together

  7. #107
    9.0.5 is basically coming at the start of April. My bet is sooner and 9.1 comes after.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Pro tip: Try lvling, you'll see that the chat might be spammed with boosters but a large chunk of players likes to lvl like normal. I play on a few different servers, lvling for fun, and it's the same on all of them. Both servers with high pop and servers with low pop. Plenty of people lvling up, and easy to find dungeon groups for any dungeon.

    What you say is like "I CAN ONLY SEE ADS ABOUT TESLA, SO NO OTHER CAR GET SOLD EVER". You know that's not the case and it's easy to get any other car you'd like.
    How nice of you to assume that Im not leveling prof alts for TBC Im leveling multiple atm at various level ranges - Started a new priest and got to lvl 14. Questing on my 39 shaman. Getting through the last 8 lvls to 60 on my feral druid in prep for flying form herbing in TBC etc.

    I have been in various different areas and it is all the same. Theres very few if any people actually visiting the different areas. Im playing on Zandalar EU fyi. Its impossible to get elite quests done because nobody can be bothered to do so. Even the Hinterlands elite quests are really difficult to find groups for despite horde having an OP trinket and tons of elite quest XP bunched together.

  9. #109
    Brewmaster czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,469
    I would say. It will come mid between 9.1.0 and end of the year.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    In the lull of 9.1 is my guess. 9.1 I'm guessing is probably early May at this point. So probably Late June/Early July.
    I'm not so optimistic on 9.1. They had very little to share on 9.1 at Blizzconline. I think 9.0.5 will be in March, but 9.1 will be late Summer/early Fall. In which case I think TBC Classic may be late spring/early Summer during the lull between 9.0.5 and 9.1

  11. #111
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,283
    9.0.5 still on PTR, you better hold your horses about 9.1. ?

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Classic wasn't new content either and it still required an alpha. A friends and family alpha. Us common folks weren't allowed to test it until beta.
    Classic and tbc are entirely different scenarios. They literally had to remake every little detail in classic, down to the terrain and all. Tbc is basically untouched. The only things that need added and tested are quests and raids. Classic was basically the skeleton to tbc, once that’s made and tested there isn’t much left to do.

  13. #113
    Epic! marinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    9.0.5 still on PTR, you better hold your horses about 9.1. ?
    PTR is flagged as realease candidate, plus we are hitting renown cap in a couple weeks. I believe 9.0.5 will go live on the 16th of March if not earlier.

  14. #114
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkimpact View Post
    9.0.5 is basically coming at the start of April. My bet is sooner and 9.1 comes after.
    Eh they said March, and its release candidate now. It could easily come next week or the week after with the ptr for 9.1 launching in March or April. I still think mid June for 9.1 tho.

  15. #115
    Dreadlord Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    955
    i heard a rumor with the blizzcon leak that may 4th or 5th for tbc. alpha already started and there isnt much tuning so we shall see.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Eh they said March, and its release candidate now. It could easily come next week or the week after with the ptr for 9.1 launching in March or April. I still think mid June for 9.1 tho.
    If 9.1 makes it's way in june, tbc can still happen in may. 1 month is enough to complete leveling and t4.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    i heard a rumor with the blizzcon leak that may 4th or 5th for tbc.
    How far back can you trace the source?

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    How far back can you trace the source?
    It starts and ends with him.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    How far back can you trace the source?
    There has been multiple “leaks” that say this, all the leaks came from either nost team members or other well know people in the wow classic community who said they got “insider info”.

    Not saying it’s true, but most of the other leaks that came through with this came true. But also some didn’t so who knows.

  20. #120
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    2 months of bet a while listening to community feedback? I just doubt it.
    Is it about community feedback or about dragging out the hype? Because folks here will just drag it out and keep making threads about it and doing the same #nochanges etc circlejerk as they did for Classic.

    Ok..maybe a bit less of a circlejerk, now that it is clear that Classic couldn't bring the Vanilla feel back and guilds steamrolled the place and apparently it is all min/max and toxic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •