Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    It's the exact date of the clone copying process, where Blizzard will snapshot all characters before they let you pick vanilla or TBC (or pay for clone).
    Show me where exactly it says this in the datamined text string

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    Show me where exactly it says this in the datamined text string
    I don’t have the data specifically but didn’t it actually say something like “default tbc character clone day may 18th” or something. I mean this is hardly hard proof but it did in fact say this.

Quote Originally Posted by ehma View Post
    I don’t have the data specifically but didn’t it actually say something like “default tbc character clone day may 18th” or something. I mean this is hardly hard proof but it did in fact say this.
    It actually says very little unless you start interpreting the words.

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    It actually says very little unless you start interpreting the words.
    BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_DEFAULT_CLONE_DATE May 18, 2021

Its quite straight forward. You can keep your opinion all you want, but no One really cares if you do. Its like seeing a Banana and saying it could have been a yellow cucumber. Thats the level you are on right now.

This is coming from People who have datamined WoW since vanilla to BFA. They know what they are doing and know what Blizzards strings mean.

Fyi, this is ONE string. The one with the date. You can research a bit your self to see the big picture and why its an obvious date for prepatch.

BUT as Ive Said few times now. Nothing is official until Blizzard communicates a date. 18 may could be a placeholder.

Its quite straight forward. You can keep your opinion all you want, but no One really cares if you do. Its like seeing a Banana and saying it could have been a yellow cucumber. Thats the level you are on right now.

This is coming from People who have datamined WoW since vanilla to BFA. They know what they are doing and know what Blizzards strings mean.

Fyi, this is ONE string. The one with the date. You can research a bit your self to see the big picture and why its an obvious date for prepatch.

BUT as Ive Said few times now. Nothing is official until Blizzard communicates a date. 18 may could be a placeholder.
    Yeeee boi

I agree that's for the pre patch. They wouldn't release tbc without announcing it so fast

Haha. Yeah, that string is not intuitive at all but hey maybe blizz wants to take the snapshot then let classic run a few more weeks as if it didn't happen.

I think at this point many people don't understand anything ... some are even expecting full alpha and beta cycles (despite blizz never mentioned an alpha). Also I guess people just have their own desires in regards to the release dates and any opinion that doesn't match that needs to get shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to a mid summer release. August 27th was just too late in 2019.
    You wanna spend your summer playing WoW?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    tbc beta is announced, invitations are out.
    any new guesswork about release date ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Should be roughly 3 months. Any less than that it won't have time to go through the testing process.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    The 18 may for the prepatch was already the most expected, and this beta fit quite nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to push subs they should release before the long summer vacations start. In many countries travelling might still be restricted and the many people could commit to the TBC hype since they will be bored as fuck at home...

If pre-patch gets put on PTR in April, then the placeholder May 18th is very likely, and that will also mean a late June, early July release. But things can go either way, can be sooner, can be later.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    You wanna spend your summer playing WoW?
    No, I want to spend my summer on the beach, partying hard, relaxing and playing some WoW.

June 2 we'll be able to enter the dark portal. Mark my words.

Beta seems to progress quite fast might be done earlier then expected..

10+ Year Old Account
    The only true, correct answer:

Soon
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why are you expecting tbc beta to last months? It's not new content. The version on which classic is built has the entirety of tbc already there. The only things that need to be changed are some quests that were removed and tweak the mob numbers to what they were.

1 month of beta seems enough.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Fixes-March-29

That's a lot of bug fixes for a version that has the entirety of tbc already there. Here I was thinking you were a Blizzard developer with keen insight into the development process.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Fixes-March-29

That's a lot of bug fixes for a version that has the entirety of tbc already there. Here I was thinking you were a Blizzard developer with keen insight into the development process.
    You should really read that list and see how many of those are problems with the world/dungeon functionality.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-03-30 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my bet:
    9.1 may
    TBC september.
    9.2 november