Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    What’s stopping you from playing on an equivalently geared character as your friends if you are that good?
    The fact that I don't want to play other classes or other toons because of the grind requirement?

Saying that 2 players who don't want to get better, clearly because op is stuck at 16whatever, means that I shouldn't be allowed to play with my friends is a nonsense statement. They have the opportunity to get better and be better, the difference between full 220 and 226 gear is pretty negligible, they can go grind out their gear in M+ and use valor to get the item level increases if they don't want to grind the rating for the PvP gear. At that point it comes down to skill and communication. If two average players with good communication and moderate skill went up against myself and a friend, I would actually struggle to carry my friends. So either they're 2 bad players who don't want to put in the effort to get better at the game or they don't want to use things like discord to communicate during the matches.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2021-04-09 at 02:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The fact that I don't want to play other classes or other toons because of the grind requirement?

Saying that 2 players who don't want to get better, clearly because op is stuck at 16whatever, means that I shouldn't be allowed to play with my friends is a nonsense statement. They have the opportunity to get better and be better, the difference between full 220 and 226 gear is pretty negligible, they can go grind out their gear in M+ and use valor to get the item level increases if they don't want to grind the rating for the PvP gear. At that point it comes down to skill and communication. If two average players with good communication and moderate skill went up against myself and a friend, I would actually struggle to carry my friends. So either they're 2 bad players who don't want to put in the effort to get better at the game or they don't want to use things like discord to communicate during the matches.
    Am I wrong in stating that pvpers regularly bring up length of queues and lack of competent players to play with? So what sort of “opportunity to get better and be better” are you providing for your friends, while you roll around on a 226+ character with your skill? The opportunity to become complacent knowing they’ll win their matches more often? Or the opportunity to earn fomo rewards that likely would be beyond their current skillset cause you are there?

If you are going to peddle the teach a man to fish bit, you better walk it yourself. All you are doing is adding more straws to the camelback. Myopically they don’t appear to cause harm but each and every person that does what you do; along with RMT and boosting. Muddle the hierarchy that people regularly try to bring up with earlier seasons when everyone collectively was worse at the game. Depriving people that necessary learning is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Am I wrong in stating that pvpers regularly bring up length of queues and lack of competent players to play with? So what sort of “opportunity to get better and be better” are you providing for your friends, while you roll around on a 226+ character with your skill? The opportunity to become complacent knowing they’ll win their matches more often? Or the opportunity to earn fomo rewards that likely would be beyond their current skillset cause you are there?

If you are going to peddle the teach a man to fish bit, you better walk it yourself. All you are doing is adding more straws to the camelback. Myopically they don’t appear to cause harm but each and every person that does what you do; along with RMT and boosting. Muddle the hierarchy that people regularly try to bring up with earlier seasons when everyone collectively was worse at the game. Depriving people that necessary learning is wrong.
    So couple things wrong with this assumption. Only a small portion of the high end player base complain about que times, we're not all like that and not all of us care. Secondly, your assumption is wrong, if you care enough, you start to pick up on the nuances of playing with a highly skilled player. My friends are also constantly asking and learning what to do in scenarios as I'm calling out when to toss out stuns ect. One of my friends that I started doing 2s with in the last season of Legion was able to push Gladiator in 3s last season because he picked up on a bunch of little details from playing games with me for the prior 4 seasons. You're making the assumption that "oh they're getting carried, so they don't care about getting better" when in reality the only players who don't want to get better are the lazy people making threads like this because they don't want to put in the effort to get better at the game and just want the loot and achievements handed to them.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2021-04-09 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.