TBC for a player who barely played classic.

Hi. Some questions about TBC.The context is I leveled a Alliance hunter in classic and stopped playing once I hit 60 and got the epic mount in Oct 2019( classic end game is just not for me , I knew, I was there but enjoyed every single bit of the journey a lot)

1. Is there some info about how much the prepatch is gonna last? I mean: if you plan to level a Draenei Shaman / Belf paladin ( can't be boosted) and knowing we are gonna use the 2.4.3 XP curve...do you speculate an "ample time to level before TBC don't stress dude" or a "Hurry dude!! You are not prepared!!".

2.My plan is farming the exact money needed in Classic so once I hit 70 i can instantly buy the epic flying mount. How much money , on average ignoring proffesions while leveling, can you do in the 60-70 range? I remember ( but so much time has passed)...something around 2k gold? Around 3000 k gold is enough and the rest you make it while leveling in TBC?

3. Faction balance. Classic is NOT for me but TBC totally is ( IMO the golden era of WoW). I want to raid and pvp and everyting.In the original TBC I got shafted by being in a Horde- centric server ( me being ally) and I would like to avoid that. So two questions: Can I see factions balances of the servers on some page? Is horde- like retail - the "right" faction to raid or it doesn't matter in Classic so far?

4. Bots: my idea is farming a lot of ores/herbs in the first weeks/months ( I like it: it relaxes me) but I hear horror stories ( as always people tend to exagerate) about a legion of bots swarming every zone like vultures.Is the bot problem smaller than retail ,greater,equal? Should I stick to the expensive but more reliable jewelcrating so the "battle" happens in the AH against players instead of againts bots?

5.I remember two phases in PVP ( although memory is a limited resource I can be wrong). A first phase where locks where kings of arena because dots were nof affected by resilience and then they changed that and the meta shifted into druid + class with infinite resource ( rogue,warr) and slooooow arenas. 2.4.3 means we enter right into phase two?.

Thank you.

Here's my best guess:

1) If you want to level a Draenai or Blood Elf during the pre-patch, you should have the time. I know a lot of people are speculating a couple weeks, but I think it will be 4-5 weeks. That will be more than enough time to level, and you are going to see a metric shit ton of groups running dungeons, and having level 60s in those dungeons. If you have any sense of urgency, I think it will be just fine. Since it's 2.4.3, the time to level will be faster than Classic.

2) Plan on having all that gold at the start of TBC, not just the 3k. Sure, you can make about 2k gold while leveling, but that's from questing. And yes, questing is going to be a shitshow for the first couple weeks in TBC. I highly recommend having all the gold you'll need for an epic mount before you even start. If you are leveling a new character in the pre-patch, take skinning/mining, and you will be rolling in the gold as you level.

3) If you like PVP, Horde is simply better. Not only are the racials better, but Horde players have long seemed to simply be better at actually organizing and working together.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295075/...ough-community

I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate, but it seems decent enough.

4) Bots are a pain in the ass. If you are a farmer, then you will have to contend with them. Of course, if you have crafting professions, you can use those bots to your advantage, and sell finished products. Primals and transmutes are going to pay big all expansion.

5) Locks will still be decent in arenas, because they are surprisingly tanky, have percentage-based damage mitigation, and can avoid interrupts. Druids will be the kings of 2's, because they work with so many classes. For 3's, priests are also amazing, and work great with heavy CC comps. Yes, rogues and warriors will end up being the dominant DPS in arenas, because they simply won't run out of mana.

1. I'd be very surprised if pre-patch was less than a month, likely a little longer. Leveling is MUCH faster so people shouldn't need more than a couple weeks to hit 60, with a couple more to get some gear. "Ample time" is purely dependant on your personal free time. 1-60 will take around 2-3 days /played in prepatch if you're questing. Buying boosts will be even faster with the reduced XP required but may go up in price with an influx of people leveling.

2. I remember pretty vividly making between 1000-1500g leveling 60-70, although you'll make a lot more if you can leave Netherstorm and SMV for after you hit 70. Depending on how whether you're vendoring or disenchanting your rewards, DE'ing your early quest rewards will be really good money selling to people who're focusing on professions straight away. Make sure to keep every single piece of Cloth to sell as well, Netherweave is going to be in huge demand early on. If you want Epic Flying immediately at 70, I wouldn't risk going in with less than 4k considering you still have to buy regular flying skill.

3. There are no official census' of server population/faction balance, there are some decent estimates but I wouldn't take them as gospel. https://ironforge.pro/servers/ seems to have reasonably accurate numbers but it's impossible to know for sure. There are some servers that are heavily favoured one way or the other and some others that are relatively even.

4. Bots are always and forever an issue. It remains to be seen how they will affect TBC Classic especially with them being able to boost Druids. I'm optimistic that it won't have too negative of an effect on the player base as a whole considering how inflated the economy is going to be anyway. Also; don't be so naïve to think that you're not fighting bots on the AH.

5. I can't answer this one myself, I didn't PvP much back then but I can only assume that everything will be the 2.4.3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    1. I'd be very surprised if pre-patch was less than a month, likely a little longer. Leveling is MUCH faster so people shouldn't need more than a couple weeks to hit 60, with a couple more to get some gear. "Ample time" is purely dependant on your personal free time. 1-60 will take around 2-3 days /played in prepatch if you're questing. Buying boosts will be even faster with the reduced XP required but may go up in price with an influx of people leveling.

2. I remember pretty vividly making between 1000-1500g leveling 60-70, although you'll make a lot more if you can leave Netherstorm and SMV for after you hit 70. Depending on how whether you're vendoring or disenchanting your rewards, DE'ing your early quest rewards will be really good money selling to people who're focusing on professions straight away. Make sure to keep every single piece of Cloth to sell as well, Netherweave is going to be in huge demand early on. If you want Epic Flying immediately at 70, I wouldn't risk going in with less than 4k considering you still have to buy regular flying skill.

3. There are no official census' of server population/faction balance, there are some decent estimates but I wouldn't take them as gospel. https://ironforge.pro/servers/ seems to have reasonably accurate numbers but it's impossible to know for sure. There are some servers that are heavily favoured one way or the other and some others that are relatively even.

4. Bots are always and forever an issue. It remains to be seen how they will affect TBC Classic especially with them being able to boost Druids. I'm optimistic that it won't have too negative of an effect on the player base as a whole considering how inflated the economy is going to be anyway. Also; don't be so naïve to think that you're not fighting bots on the AH.

5. I can't answer this one myself, I didn't PvP much back then but I can only assume that everything will be the 2.4.3 version.
    I thought leveling was only 20% faster

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I thought leveling was only 20% faster
    Doing a little digging I found an old forum from 2007 that highlights the changes.

"The first notable change was to simply reduce the amount of experience needed each level by approximately 15% between levels 20 and 60."

"Experience gained for completing quests (on average) between levels 30 and 60 is being increased. The increase becomes more substantial as you make your way towards 60."

Along with getting mounts at lvl 30, new quests for some of the more sparse level ranges and most Elite quests being nerfed to non-Elite soloable quests, the entire process speeds up by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Doing a little digging I found an old forum from 2007 that highlights the changes.

"The first notable change was to simply reduce the amount of experience needed each level by approximately 15% between levels 20 and 60."

"Experience gained for completing quests (on average) between levels 30 and 60 is being increased. The increase becomes more substantial as you make your way towards 60."

Along with getting mounts at lvl 30, new quests for some of the more sparse level ranges and most Elite quests being nerfed to non-Elite soloable quests, the entire process speeds up by a large margin.
    is an epic mount still 1000g? on the topic of mounts