Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    People cant remove you for who you are when they dont know anything about you. Unless you tell them yourself nobody will touch you. Its like basic internet 101. Stay anon and you avoid trouble.
    Small note on this: it was surmised that I was gay by my voice when I was removed, with the reason for my removal being told to me. I didn’t tell anyone I was gay, so I think you may consider the amount people can infer from your voice, including race.

We liked all kinds of dark humour in my guild. So, yeah. No one cares. Literally no one.

You know, saying racist things doesn’t necessarily make you racist either. Intent and context matter

Also, just fuck off and mind your own business. I’m 100% confident most of you deranged woke idiots are the worst offenders and this is all projection
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-02-27 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Racism needs to be stamped out.
    ... and then...

It's vital that we all try to be less white and understand how white people ruin societies if we are going to heal from the wounds caused by white supremacism.
    Literally next sentence is total negation of previous one.
    Holy sht...

Exactly. Racism needs to be stamped out. It's vital that we all try to be less white and understand how white people ruin societies if we are going to heal from the wounds caused by white supremacism.
    Reported for actual racism

This "I am so offended" culture that is cultivated in social media is a very useful tool for curtailing freedom of speech. And by freedom of speech I mean the freedom to say anything you like within the compounds of YOUR space.

Your home, your car, your guild are YOUR compounds. Ultimately, saying whatever you want in those spaces will not and cannot under normal circumstances offend anyone.

So in reality what is the "I am so offended" culture trying to achieve? Its trying to mute the voices some people don't like but not as a means of making the world a better place but as means of imposing their agenda/beliefs/lifestyle on others. You disagree with someone? Best way to end them is use an -ist word against them and call for back up. People love to crowd focus on anyone who allegedly "offends" someone as long as an -ist word is used against them.

In true circumstances the racist doesn't stop being racist the sexist doesnt stop being sexist the ageist doesnt stop being ageist. In fact they are empowered by the offended culture and they become important to themselves and those who agree with them.

Calling out a guild for racial slurs? Did it ever occur to you they are not actually racists but are taking the piss against the "offended" people? And how does it affect me that a guild I never heard about has alleged racists there? Do I give a fuck? No. Did they manage to become known by acting stupid? Hell yes. Will they attract like minded people and grow their -ist movement? Of course.

In reality nothing was "exposed". They literally just made some people famous to those who agree with them and at best blizzard will be forced to show how politically correct they are and ban that guild. Ultimately I think this is more about taking a competitor guild out of the way than anything to do with racism etc.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    Small note on this: it was surmised that I was gay by my voice when I was removed, with the reason for my removal being told to me. I didn’t tell anyone I was gay, so I think you may consider the amount people can infer from your voice, including race.
    I think its language style as in word choice not voice itself. Accent can give away you're an immigrant but you can and should train it away because it will affect you irl where it matters. The downside of training it away to sound native is when i visit home country they think im an immigrant now and some places try to price hike you for that. Couldn't keep both languages accent free somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Because the wokes aren't really interested in ending racism, truly. Neoliberals (and neocons) care about looking good and following trends and making money for their corporate overlords. If they actually cared about ending racism they'd do other things than being angry at words used, like giving everyone full healthcare paid for by the government. But alas, they want people distracted by shit like the OP. And yes, the rightwingers benefit from this too obviously. Just push people around and then you don't have to do anything.
    yep, 100% this. While people go mental over what he/she said on discord, twitch, messenger, facebook, twitter+++, the real social issues are ignored. Going after individuals like this helps nothing and serves to nothing good. Yes its a bad thing to say, yes its toxic behaviour.

But this is not a fix in the issues society has today. Giving everyone better chances to success in life and better healthcare for everyone(as an example) is the way to go. We wont build down barriers between us by acting like this.

Today its this, tomorrow someone else said something wrong.

Dont get me wrong - its not good at all saying things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    maybe we should cancel limit
    maybe we should cancel the whole raiding scene

whoa what a shocker, top raiders are toxic? would have never guessed so
    canceling mythic raiding woudl be overall beneficial to game

not only we would get rid of toxicity but game would be more fun for average player.

i see only upsides in this kind of action

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Since when is actually saying/typing/posting something just a thought?
    Saying, typing, posting, emailing, calling on the phone, curving on rock or wood, drawing, graffiti, smoke signals, light signals, radio signals, telegrams, mors code, whistling, music notes and whatever else I might have forgotten to add, are all methods of tranmission of thought in various forms. Everything begins from just a thought.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

See above. One guild is in top 50 World, the other isn't top 100. Where's our article about racism in Counterstrike or other FPS voicechats?

[/B][/U]
    Well, if you'd had any clue about Counterstrike, you'd know that a group in the Top 50 doing shit like this would go wild.
    WoW gives all players a glimpse of lore, but delivers well thought-out books for the nerds. Forums like MMO-C are the hotspot of discussion, because every reader reads a book different, and every player reads a game different, not everyone played every quest, and not everyone read every book. Sylvanas' character motivation is the most obvious example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    canceling mythic raiding woudl be overall beneficial to game

not only we would get rid of toxicity but game would be more fun for average player.

i see only upsides in this kind of action
    This is the opposite argument of saying "Cancel LFR".

Its two worlds of players that never meet except in the cities. Casuals don't raid mythic and mythic raiders have no need to visit LFR.

Seems like no one is actually reading or checking the actual screenshots. There's some of them that are clearly being very racist and some that were just clearly dumb stuff people say trying to be edgy. Yet it has (as always) evloved into an argument between two camps, one thinking all of the people are listed are the worst people around and the other camp just parroting "cancelling anyone is bad and virtue signaling is bad". No one gives a shit what has actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    People who talk about free speech for situations where its not about free speech is 100% a racist dogwhistle,trust me...republicans usualy use it when they get shit on for using the N word and getting fired

Free speech doesnt exist to protect you from being kicked of a private platform or fired for being a bigot,look in to what free speech is

When people on the left complained it was usualy about goverment related free speech issues

Why do you hate the free market?
    No actually I won't "Trust you" because you don't know. You only have your belief, that was most likely fed to you by someone else. You prove this by some claim that republicans are apparently running around dropping the N word and want free speech as a pass. But please, link me at least 50 examples of card carrying Republicans dropping the racial slurs and then demanding a free speech pass.

And again, you ignored what I said, which is why you don't get any trust from me. I said, not everyone agrees that "Mu Free Speech" is a pass to say anything you want and not suffer consequences.

Why is there such a fuss about this?

What did people expect? That people make slurs in their own private home/discords?

I really had expected, that these news were about members being bullied for their race or that teams had denied players because of skin color... But this.... This is just people using what words they do in everyday life, inside a video game chatroom. Seems to be no direct harassment or actually attack against anybody.

Like, had a guildy 2 years ago, who used the "thats gay" a lot. It did not make him a bad person, thats just the way he talked and in a private party chat, is the last place i would want to moderate how people talk.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Are we doing this again really?WhItE mAn BaD....if you are minority you can do what ever you want,the more down the scale you are from white you get more pass on things what you do/say....this whole thing white dude said faggot or nigga is getting ridiclous...grow up,its the internet...people say dumb shit all the time.If you cant handle it unplug the cable....

You can trash white people all the time and no one bats an eye but you dare to go towards blacks,whole shit breaks lose....

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Yea, you are ignorant of American history as well.
    I believe I know enough about colonial american history as well as modern, Jim Crow era and and post-modern to be able make comments on the subject. Given the atrocious state of american education, I'd imagin I know more about american history than the average american. Especially the average black american, given that their education is even poorer on average.

Surprised this thread even got to stay open for that long considering that when this Madeleine Roux writer got exposed for being a racist and sexist towards white men, every fan forum was quick to remove all threads and Blizzard took no action.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Saying, typing, posting, emailing, calling on the phone, curving on rock or wood, drawing, graffiti, smoke signals, light signals, radio signals, telegrams, mors code, whistling, music notes and whatever else I might have forgotten to add, are all methods of tranmission of thought in various forms. Everything begins from just a thought.
    Okay? And doing those things makes it no longer a thought you fucking half wit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    Yes imagine that, letting nature be natural.
    Pretty shit argument you got there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    People cant remove you for who you are when they dont know anything about you. Unless you tell them yourself nobody will touch you. Its like basic internet 101. Stay anon and you avoid trouble.
    Or people can just not discriminate against people for fucked up reasons. You're just literally victim blaming at this point. You probably think girls in skimpy outfits deserve to be raped too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FakePizza View Post
    Are we doing this again really?WhItE mAn BaD....if you are minority you can do what ever you want,the more down the scale you are from white you get more pass on things what you do/say....this whole thing white dude said faggot or nigga is getting ridiclous...grow up,its the internet...people say dumb shit all the time.If you cant handle it unplug the cable....

You can trash white people all the time and no one bats an eye but you dare to go towards blacks,whole shit breaks lose....
    oh look the little boy is mad he can't say the n word without getting in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post

You're just literally victim blaming at this point.
    If you refuse to wear a helmet and get your head split thats on you. As the saying goes god helps those who help themselves.