Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Oh no! Naughty words! Oh my fragile little heart can’t take it! The horrific shit that goes on in the world and people get worked up over something like this. Can’t believe it.

  2. #42
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    175
    If only they had narrowed it down to the actual scary parts instead of drowning it in the sea of untargeted abuse they would gain more attention.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Oh no! Naughty words! Oh my fragile little heart can’t take it! The horrific shit that goes on in the world and people get worked up over something like this. Can’t believe it.
    dont forget not to care when they also face the consequences

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-war..._medium=social

    From my experience, this is only the tip of the iceberg.
    Most Americans are racists, does not matter if they are left or right wing, if they like meat or soy products, if they are lgbt+ or straight, if they are casual or hardcore players.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

  5. #45
    Grats, racism is now solved thanks to internet janitors.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Oh no! Naughty words! Oh my fragile little heart can’t take it! The horrific shit that goes on in the world and people get worked up over something like this. Can’t believe it.
    Saying people should be raped to death is simple naughty words? Praising lynching? Come on. The only fragile ones here are those that can't take hateful things being called out for what they are. Hateful things. There is no place or reason for extreme things to be said ever.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Did you read the article before defending the hate? It is also a reddit thread as well if you'd rather look at the stuff there. Most of the stuff said shouldn't even be said in private. Stuff like these people mentioned shouldn't be tolerated at any time as there is no reason for it. There are plenty of less offensive things to say if you are angry and upset.
    i'm not really judging what they said either way. i'm just saying that it's not enforceable. nor would you want this thing to be enforceable in private settings in free countries, even in cases where everybody universally agrees the speech in question is bad.

  8. #48
    Reading this thread, im not that interested in the topic, but i think it will be fun to see just how many get infracted / banned before the thread is closed.

    On topic, this really shouldnt by anything new to anyone who has actually logged into wow in the last 15 years, or ANY game for that matter. Im not saying its right or wrong, I honestly dont care enough to read into it, im simply saying it is absolutely nothing new.

    Ironically, this will simply make those guilds and players obtain E-Fame - just watch, this will not be the last we hear about of from these players and guilds that i highly doubt anyone had head of before clicking the article.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-02-26 at 01:32 AM.

  9. #49
    Do people really have nothing better to do than to go around documenting random incidents of "racism" from no-name WoW players?

  10. #50
    Mechagnome ujx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    710
    I raided in top end guilds for almost all my "WoW career" and I'd say 80% would have people dropping n-bombs. Back then it was ok to be edgy. Kids these days are so fragile.

  11. #51
    Most countries are racist. Especially the ones the lefties support and boot lick so much.

    Well I guess the avg competitive wow player is a teenager that mostly plays video games all day. So what do you expect?
    Maybe they're not racist in a dangerous way but just say stupid things?

    I like most countries in the world except the ones that don't tolerate others

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i'm not really judging what they said either way. i'm just saying that it's not enforceable. nor would you want this thing to be enforceable in private settings in free countries, even in cases where everybody universally agrees the speech in question is bad.
    Of course you were judging what they said. You said it is acceptable because it is done in a private-type of setting. Why back off when called out for your BS? Enforcement doesn't matter and just shows ways you are still trying to show it as acceptable. Just because it can't legally be enforced doesn't mean you should be saying those things. Just because you are free to say hate doesn't mean you should.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Who gives a fuck? Are they actively getting in other people's faces (especially minorities they might be hateful against) or are they just being white trash amongst themselves? Don't get me wrong, I despise Trump, but just leave the toxic snakes alone. Let them think they're big important fish in a video game instead of being dicks in the real world.


    LMAO who?

    See above. One guild is in top 50 World, the other isn't top 100. Where's our article about racism in Counterstrike or other FPS voicechats?

    Oh yeah, these are some quality people, fucking Pepe the Frog in one of the discord images. Who cares.

    Sounds like a self correcting problem. If the community doesn't put up with this shit, over time, it will go away. Or be forced into PRIVATE chat channels as they already seem to be according to this article - not one mention of trade chat offenses. As long as the players are being toxic inside guild chat or discord, and not broadcasting it to public channels, just leave toxic idiots alone.

    You get Trump when you try and flush them out too much and not enough live and let live goes on. If you make people feel "unjustly oppressed", of course they're more likely to vote for bad actors, or pull stunts like the Capitol Siege. You can't force people to be broad minded and tolerant. All you get when you try is blowback, and the only time when such things should be done is over real issues, like Blacks not being able to vote before the Voting Rights Act, or Black people being killed by cowardly cops in the modern era. Not someone saying mean things in a video game inside their own spheres.
    Someone from Texas defending racism? say it ain't so.

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,223
    @marcusblood: I am outraged!!!!

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    ^^ This. Since most guilds are not e-sports organizations like Method they can run their discord server/guild like they want it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Don't like it? Don't join it.

    Funny thing is that someone actually ratted them out
    Good. They don't own the discord and are responsible for what they post

  16. #56
    who cares? lmao.

  17. #57
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,890
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    The thing is...wile its ofc true that a bunch of people will be sexist/racist\homophobic etc,you cant really avoid that in a world with so many people...i mean in 2020 the flat earth movement has been larger than ever before,same with anti vaxers,people that believe in idiots who have radios that talk to the dead etc

    another problem we have that isnt always mentioned is that....a lot of the people who do use those words...are not always 'ists...for many people its simple word of habbit,as a child i found myself falling in to the bad habbit of using bad words not because i believed in them but because either i was hearing them all the time so it bacem normal,or i knew it would cause the most offence to someone

    also to people saying this is an american thing....yeah the N word is,but you are EXTREMLY naive if you think the eu isnt the same or worse,specialy in eastern europe homophobia and sexism is as natural as breathing sadly
    Lol.. thinking that people in the EU don't use the n word. I knew a dude from Ireland in old guild that said it like all the time. It is hilarious that people actually believe n word is an american thing.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-02-26 at 01:35 AM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Most countries are racist.

    I like most countries in the world except the ones that don't tolerate others
    You realise those 2 sentences directly contradict each other, right?

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,241
    Oh look MMO champion is defending racism. What a trash community this is.

  20. #60
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,549
    Just look...we got racists right here, trying to make excuses for racism and calling it being "edgy" and mocking anyone who dislikes racism as fragile.

    Hate filled people exist in ALL walks of life.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •