Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    if you want to be specific: it's acceptable because enforcing it in private settings would require living in a police state. the rest of your argument is just holier than thou stuff. the n word is a perfect example: very touchy subject in the US, a non issue where I live.
    It isn't holier than though stuff. Just because you can't enforce it in a private setting doesn't mean it is okay to do that stuff even in a private setting. You are normalizing and saying anything is acceptable if done in private. That is part of the problem. Because that private stuff inevitably bleeds over to something public like with this article and the more you do something the more it becomes a normal set of behaviors.

Just don't use hate speech. If you can't express yourself with out hate speech then it is a problem. Saying people should be raped to death or glorifying lynching has no place anywhere public or private. Stop defending hate just because it would be some hypothetical police state to you if people actually stood up to hate filled people.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-26 at 01:53 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Racism is bad and all but....
    Pretty much sums this thread up really.

A lot of authoritarian bigots in this thread trying to control free speech.

I tune these things out the same way I've tuned out the nutty left's crusade against the straight white male. If you care so much about the things people say, you're going to have a bad time in life. When people start acting on their prejudices, that's a better time to react. Also, inb4 the lock.

To all the whiners crying about racism:

There is a difference between being an edgy dipshit using bad words and a person who genuinely is a racist. I know that violates all of the things you've read on Twitter or were taught in your super progressive sociology course. I know edgy kids that use gamer words and I know people who genuinely hate other races. They are completely different types of people with clearly different morals and beliefs. You can always sit on your high horse and say "YOU SHOULDNT SAY THOSE WORDS YOU GOD DAMN NAZI". Sure man, whatever, I bet you cried when Eminem called people f-words. Grow up and learn to differentiate.

I'd love to see what you paragons of morality would do IRL if one of your bro's jokingly used a gamer word. I bet you would just stand up and demand that they apologize and virtue signal all over his ass. It's always triggered ass white kids getting the most upset over words.

Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    People are free to say whatever they want. They are just not free from consequences in most situations.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    someone doesnt understand what free speech is and what it entails ( ;ↀ⌓ↀ)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

just ignored everything you said. Ignorant human.
    You probably ignore anything that isn't your exact opinion anyways.

Meanwhile, on MMO-C

NA vs EU hate in the world first threads
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    Too late for Classic, too soon for WOTLK Classic
    Just in time to Burning Crusade Classic

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post

There is a difference between being an edgy dipshit using bad words and a person who genuinely is a racist. I know that violates all of the things you've read on Twitter or were taught in your super progressive sociology course. I know edgy kids that use gamer words and I know people who genuinely hate other races. They are completely different types of people with clearly different morals and beliefs. You can always sit on your high horse and say "YOU SHOULDNT SAY THOSE WORDS YOU GOD DAMN NAZI". Sure man, whatever, I bet you cried when Eminem called people f-words. Grow up and learn to differentiate.

I'd love to see what you paragons of morality would do IRL if one of your bro's jokingly used a gamer word. I bet you would just stand up and demand that they apologize and virtue signal all over his ass. It's always triggered ass white kids getting the most upset over words.
    thats cool,just dont forget not to cry when they get wwhats coming to them

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Pretty much sums this thread up really.
    You know what they say, everything before the but is bullshit
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    Too late for Classic, too soon for WOTLK Classic
    Just in time to Burning Crusade Classic

Your avatar suits you to a T. Maybe when you step outside your room, you'll understand how adults should behave in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Its so easy to offend these people, they freak out when they read "trump" and they rage at the person like its no tomorrow.

Also, how can it be so hard to see, you on phone or pc?
    You're misunderstanding... many people read it as:

PROUD TRUM... Oh time to go to next post.

It's not hard to read, just many don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    One of the alleged people is a Limit raider.
    Don't you mean a method player?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats cool,just dont forget not to cry when they get wwhats coming to them
    Cancel culture cultists from Twitter? Scary!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrolling View Post
    Your avatar suits you to a T. Maybe when you step outside your room, you'll understand how adults should behave in the real world.
    Stay scared of words!

Cancel culture cultists from Twitter? Scary!

- - - Updated - - -

Stay scared of words!
    stay scared of twitter lol,btw if you ever get a job when you grow up,make sure to talk to your boss and co workers like this,and use the same logic with them,see how well that goes for ya

Anyone defending using racist terms also thinks standing on a ledge in a game and saying to someone "Lets jump like Reckful" is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    One of the alleged people is a Limit raider.
    An alleged person! So they might be a robot?

Racist people play world of warcraft. Definitely needed an article to inform us of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    ^^ This. Since most guilds are not e-sports organizations like Method they can run their discord server/guild like they want it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Don't like it? Don't join it.

Funny thing is that someone actually ratted them out
    ORRRR....

We can make a stand, root at all forms of racism and actually force these types of people out of society. These attitudes have no place in a western democracy whether you live in Alabama or Brussels. It's time for jail time. Don't like it? How about after being bashed by the cops and then dragged off to jail. Racism should have been gone by now. I call for violence to solve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro