Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

Racism in Top End guilds exposed.

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-war..._medium=social

From my experience, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

5+ Year Old Account
    America is racist; no surprise it is found in its online communities.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-02-27 at 02:25 PM.

Some random no-name guilds got a few players in them, who are racist. Is that a surprise to you?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    America is racist; no surprise it is found in its online communities.
    *The world is racist.

Fixed it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The wow community tends to be racist, sexist and all other sorts of forms of toxicity.

Such breaking news you have here thank you for the revelation!
    That's actually a great definition for the whole world. Why should the WoW community be any different...?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    *The world is racist.

Fixed it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a great definition for the whole world. Why should the WoW community be any different...?
    Very true.

They are also classist. My paladin never gets into raids!

And now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Some random no-name guilds got a few players in them, who are racist. Is that a surprise to you?
    One of the alleged people is a Limit raider.

gladly they spread that out

normalizing and trivialing something is also supporting it. plz don't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a fuck? Are they actively getting in other people's faces (especially minorities they might be hateful against) or are they just being white trash amongst themselves? Don't get me wrong, I despise Trump, but just leave the toxic snakes alone. Let them think they're big important fish in a video game instead of being dicks in the real world.

Early this week, an image gallery containing around 70 screenshots began circulating within different WoW communities showing 16 members of raid guild Clout Gang and Instant Dollars.
    LMAO who?
    Though far from the biggest guilds in WoW's global raiding scene, Clout Gang and Instant Dollars are both top-tier raiding guilds on their respective servers.
    See above. One guild is in top 50 World, the other isn't top 100. Where's our article about racism in Counterstrike or other FPS voicechats?

Oh yeah, these are some quality people, fucking Pepe the Frog in one of the discord images. Who cares.
    "We're a mid/low tier CE guild and even at our level we get applicants saying they're leaving their current guild due to racism, just casually using the n-word in raid," writes another redditor. "Wild and really disturbing."
    Sounds like a self correcting problem. If the community doesn't put up with this shit, over time, it will go away. Or be forced into PRIVATE chat channels as they already seem to be according to this article - not one mention of trade chat offenses. As long as the players are being toxic inside guild chat or discord, and not broadcasting it to public channels, just leave toxic idiots alone.

You get Trump when you try and flush them out too much and not enough live and let live goes on. If you make people feel "unjustly oppressed", of course they're more likely to vote for bad actors, or pull stunts like the Capitol Siege. You can't force people to be broad minded and tolerant. All you get when you try is blowback, and the only time when such things should be done is over real issues, like Blacks not being able to vote before the Voting Rights Act, or Black people being killed by cowardly cops in the modern era. Not someone saying mean things in a video game inside their own spheres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Young people trying to be edgy. I highly doubt they're actually racist or homophobic, but I do hope those players, gms and officers of the guilds get perma banned. Nobody needs their bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that surprising tbh. I say this because well the various multiplayer games I've touched really bring out some....interesting commentary.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-26 at 12:35 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all who normalize this shit with stuff like "who cares?", "I doubt they are actually racist" need to make a better effort to understand that we shouldn't tolerate any form of racism.

If you don't see how those people are being racist, then you are part of the problem. A different part, but still part.

Racism is vile. Yes, we know it may be common, but it's still there, and those players should still be held responsible (by Blizzard or Discord) for their behaviour.

Another year with Gamers. Not sure what's newsworthy here. Where there's sexism, there's just about always rasism. And the other way around.

Who cares? Don't join the guilds if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like both guilds are dead after this article. No word about goop from limit

what do we care what they do in the privacy of their own discord channel?

I've had more hostility and prejudice come from some toxic white-knight clique that feels the need to destroy anything and everything they deem inappropriate, regardless of if it actually is.

so if some edge lords want to drop some cringe memeable shit in their discord channel why should we care? not like they're actively planning a lynching...

10+ Year Old Account
    This don't surprise me at all, assholes are in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Who cares? Don't join the guilds if you don't like it.
    ^^ This. Since most guilds are not e-sports organizations like Method they can run their discord server/guild like they want it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Don't like it? Don't join it.

Funny thing is that someone actually ratted them out

This has nothing to do with wow, its people being racist online with other racists, ofc it sucks.