Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I giggled at top end guilds lmao, never heard of either of them... Who cares? Clickbait and more news at 11?
    Guess Limit is not top end according to you...

I'm surprised to see that these guildmembers have the chuzpe to call their atmosphere "adult" when it is the juvenile opposite of that.

I am in an adult guild, and we all agreed to a certain code of conduct: Don't be an ass to other players. Don't assume their identity. Don't be rude to people. Our GM has no problem calling out bad language and our players have no problem understanding these calls. We do make crude but light-hearted jokes, especially with players we know well, but they never ever venture into toxic tactless swampland.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Y'all who normalize this shit with stuff like "who cares?", "I doubt they are actually racist" need to make a better effort to understand that we shouldn't tolerate any form of racism.

If you don't see how those people are being racist, then you are part of the problem. A different part, but still part.

Racism is vile. Yes, we know it may be common, but it's still there, and those players should still be held responsible (by Blizzard or Discord) for their behaviour.
    Exactly. Racism needs to be stamped out. It's vital that we all try to be less white and understand how white people ruin societies if we are going to heal from the wounds caused by white supremacism.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-02-27 at 02:20 PM.

Incel culture has always been strong in wow
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Short View Post
    what do we care what they do in the privacy of their own discord channel?

I've had more hostility and prejudice come from some toxic white-knight clique that feels the need to destroy anything and everything they deem inappropriate, regardless of if it actually is.

so if some edge lords want to drop some cringe memeable shit in their discord channel why should we care? not like they're actively planning a lynching...

wtf does your clip have to do with anything? lmao

People being outraged at what other people do in private.

I've been there. During the totalitarianism regime before the Iron Curtain fell. Everyone up in everyone else's shit. Fuck off, mind your own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    I am a gay man who casually uses homophobic slurs in raid chat so do I get cancelled or...?
    Seriously grow up with this tattle tale crap. You literally can’t stop racism, there are differences between major racial groups that cause disdain in every direction and a large + consistent population of every race just don’t like outsiders, it’s called tribalism and it applies to other immutable factors as well. Crying over words won’t end it, the only thing that will is when the whole earth becomes so racially mixed that it’s virtually free of racial identity. Then people will double down on hating each other based on religious beliefs or hairstyles.

I would put every cent to my name that cancel culture, much like this call out, are making everyone involved even more charged up in their anger. Just let people hate each other, you’re not changing it. I’ve literally been removed from a guild for being gay back in wrath and wow... I lived. My life went on and so did theirs.
    So people should just do nothing about it?

It's good you were able to not be as impacted when discriminated against. Not everyone is going to be able to get through that or have the support to help them with that and it seems you don't recognize that issue. Especially younger people who play games like WoW because they don't easily make friends in real life. It would be pretty devastating to just one day be removed from your group of friends because of something you can't help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DanskenVI View Post
    Who cares? What are we, the thought police?
    Since when is actually saying/typing/posting something just a thought?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I will repeat this again, If those people were black or latino or whatever minority group they were, and insulted white people in a aggresive and extremely racist way, it would not be in the fucking new, not a single person would bat an eye. Because the narrative is WHITE BAD, BLACK GOOD. For fuck sake if someone said that Coca-Cola's 2021 employee training program would include the phrase "Try to be less black" Instead of fucking white, PEOPLE WOULD LOST THEIR SHIT AND BURN SHIT TO THE GROUND in bloody internet. But since they said white and downloaded all the humanities bad and vile traits to "Whiteness" its ok, its brave and its totally not racist.

Half of this thread is not the clowns, they are the whole fucking circus.
    Uhh really weird how you can make this argument that if they said "try to be less black" it would be a big deal. It seems like a pretty big issue already so I'm really confused why people keep making this argument? I haven't seen a single person say it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    It's good you were able to not be as impacted when discriminated against. Not everyone is going to be able to get through that or have the support to help them with that and it seems you don't recognize that issue. Especially younger people who play games like WoW because they don't easily make friends in real life. It would be pretty devastating to just one day be removed from your group of friends because of something you can't help.
    Literally impossible unless you bring your irl into wow yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Literally impossible unless you bring your irl into wow yourself.
    Your response makes zero sense to what you quoted. What's impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Exactly. Racism needs to be stamped out. It's vital that we all try to be less white and understand how white people ruin societies if we are going to heal from the wounds caused by white supremacism.
    This post is pure gold.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-02-26 at 11:41 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Your response makes zero sense to what you quoted. What's impossible?
    People cant remove you for who you are when they dont know anything about you. Unless you tell them yourself nobody will touch you. Its like basic internet 101. Stay anon and you avoid trouble.

So people should just do nothing about it?
    Yes imagine that, letting nature be natural.

Guys don't forget.
    It should not be left vs right.
    But poor vs rich.
    The rich pay no taxes and laugh about you fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    People cant remove you for who you are when they dont know anything about you. Unless you tell them yourself nobody will touch you. Its like basic internet 101. Stay anon and you avoid trouble.
    Small note on this: it was surmised that I was gay by my voice when I was removed, with the reason for my removal being told to me. I didn’t tell anyone I was gay, so I think you may consider the amount people can infer from your voice, including race.

We liked all kinds of dark humour in my guild. So, yeah. No one cares. Literally no one.

You know, saying racist things doesn’t necessarily make you racist either. Intent and context matter

Also, just fuck off and mind your own business. I’m 100% confident most of you deranged woke idiots are the worst offenders and this is all projection
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-02-27 at 02:17 PM.

Racism needs to be stamped out.
    ... and then...

It's vital that we all try to be less white and understand how white people ruin societies if we are going to heal from the wounds caused by white supremacism.
    Literally next sentence is total negation of previous one.
    Holy sht...

Reported for actual racism

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    Small note on this: it was surmised that I was gay by my voice when I was removed, with the reason for my removal being told to me. I didn’t tell anyone I was gay, so I think you may consider the amount people can infer from your voice, including race.
    I think its language style as in word choice not voice itself. Accent can give away you're an immigrant but you can and should train it away because it will affect you irl where it matters. The downside of training it away to sound native is when i visit home country they think im an immigrant now and some places try to price hike you for that. Couldn't keep both languages accent free somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Because the wokes aren't really interested in ending racism, truly. Neoliberals (and neocons) care about looking good and following trends and making money for their corporate overlords. If they actually cared about ending racism they'd do other things than being angry at words used, like giving everyone full healthcare paid for by the government. But alas, they want people distracted by shit like the OP. And yes, the rightwingers benefit from this too obviously. Just push people around and then you don't have to do anything.
    yep, 100% this. While people go mental over what he/she said on discord, twitch, messenger, facebook, twitter+++, the real social issues are ignored. Going after individuals like this helps nothing and serves to nothing good. Yes its a bad thing to say, yes its toxic behaviour.

But this is not a fix in the issues society has today. Giving everyone better chances to success in life and better healthcare for everyone(as an example) is the way to go. We wont build down barriers between us by acting like this.

Today its this, tomorrow someone else said something wrong.

Dont get me wrong - its not good at all saying things like this.