Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    America is racist; no surprise it is found in its online communities.
    You mean some people in America are racist. Every country has them. Or are we allowed tar all groups of people with the same brush?
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Who gives a fuck? Are they actively getting in other people's faces (especially minorities they might be hateful against) or are they just being white trash amongst themselves? Don't get me wrong, I despise Trump, but just leave the toxic snakes alone. Let them think they're big important fish in a video game instead of being dicks in the real world.

LMAO who?

See above. One guild is in top 50 World, the other isn't top 100. Where's our article about racism in Counterstrike or other FPS voicechats?

Oh yeah, these are some quality people, fucking Pepe the Frog in one of the discord images. Who cares.

Sounds like a self correcting problem. If the community doesn't put up with this shit, over time, it will go away. Or be forced into PRIVATE chat channels as they already seem to be according to this article - not one mention of trade chat offenses. As long as the players are being toxic inside guild chat or discord, and not broadcasting it to public channels, just leave toxic idiots alone.

You get Trump when you try and flush them out too much and not enough live and let live goes on. If you make people feel "unjustly oppressed", of course they're more likely to vote for bad actors, or pull stunts like the Capitol Siege. You can't force people to be broad minded and tolerant. All you get when you try is blowback, and the only time when such things should be done is over real issues, like Blacks not being able to vote before the Voting Rights Act, or Black people being killed by cowardly cops in the modern era. Not someone saying mean things in a video game inside their own spheres.
    how do you know they are white? Can only white people be racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The illogical twisting and turning by the racists on this board has been amusing, but it really has moved the conversation far from the point of the hate speech that occurred within these guilds. IMO there are two factors; the first is the anonymity of being on the internet. Example is the guy who yelled the f-word during his guild's Sire kill. Seemed pre-meditated and he thought it would be so funny to do and of course he faces no repercussions as he is just "some douchebag on the internet."
    The more troubling factors are the communities that fostered the racism and made it acceptable. They are essentially white supremacist groups that gathered like-minded people to share like-minded racism and bigotry. As we have seen in the USA that is the first step to what is now the most dangerous type of terrorist group within the country and thus should be snuffed out before it has the chance to flourish.
    Last edited by BigToast; 2021-02-26 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Imagine thinking that saying the n-word is a joke in and of itself.
    Just because you dont think its funny,doesnt mean it wasnt meant as a joke.Either you can joke about everything or no jokes allowed

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    I believe I know enough about colonial american history as well as modern, Jim Crow era and and post-modern to be able make comments on the subject. Given the atrocious state of american education, I'd imagin I know more about american history than the average american. Especially the average black american, given that their education is even poorer on average.
    You have very little understanding on what’s it is like to be a minority in America.

If you are so well informed in American history they why do you insist that minority’s need to “get over it”.

To me it seems you learned American history from a white washed book that glances over the history of minorities in America.

To put it in some perspective for you minorities in America have only had 57 years of protected civil rights. Civil Rights act of 1964 Incase you forgot.

Even with the act there is still systemic racism in many aspects of American society.

yo you guys should have heard comms in top end raiding guilds 10 years ago lmao it was the wild west

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is certainly bringing out some of the inner racism of some posters.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    usually rape is about power. most rape is also between people who already know and don't hate eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    On the same token as you not seeing, I'm from your neighboring state of Indiana and i see it all the time. In highschool we had 1 african american in a class of 109, and when a new african american family moved to town, racists staked signs in their front yard and there were several teachers who treated the young girl like crap. Its extremely prevalent in rural areas, as well as some of our cities, Evansville (which is the 3rd or 4th largest city in Indiana, and not where i live) has hate related crimes fairly regularly. Racism is still a huge problem for our country. I have several people that use the N word, the racist C word and the three letter F word in their everyday speech. To the point that my wife has to lock discord channels when she streams. Casually using these words in the conversations with their white friends is still racist, it means those words are normalized to them and they no longer see the hateful meaning of them.
    That's crazy and I feel for their family. My old church only had one Black family and they were embraced and loved - that church was in Deerfield, IL.

I'm not saying racism isn't a problem for our country, maybe I worded it poorly, but it isn't "everywhere" nor is "everyone" racist, like some of our more... radical, friends like to purport.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    yo you guys should have heard comms in top end raiding guilds 10 years ago lmao it was the wild west
    10 years ago? It's only better now because they are forced to stream in order to make enough money to have it as full time jobs. Nobody cares for ideological reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    10 years ago? It's only better now because they are forced to stream in order to make enough money to have it as full time jobs. Nobody cares for ideological reasons.
    you know the truth my man

Even with the act there is still systemic racism in many aspects of American society.
    Yeah such as government contracts being given to companies with better diversity portfolios, dis incentivizing white people from pursuing STEM careers because a minority with less qualifications and skill will be fast tracked over them due to these racist policies. We need to do something about minority privilege..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    Yeah such as government contracts being given to companies with better diversity portfolios, dis incentivizing white people from pursuing STEM careers because a minority with less qualifications and skill will be fast tracked over them due to these racist policies. We need to do something about minority privilege..
    I don’t agree with you, but what I have read was companies prefer to hiring foreign and better educated workers with work visas.

America should not have people go into crippling debt of a 10,000 dollars or more in order to be come educated and competitive.

You ever think that is the reason people don’t go get educated? Also the shit public education system for poor communities and I’m including poor white communities which are treated like trash by the upper white class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    This has nothing to do with wow, its people being racist online with other racists, ofc it sucks.
    ^This right here.

I imagine their next post is going to be about CoD because I can't go into a single lobby without the same kind of racist bullshit being spouted constantly.

I was in a top 10 US guild for over 6 years and then was in a top 20 guild for another 2 before I stopped raiding and neither one of them tolerated the slightest hint of any of this racist crap. Lots of my former guildies spread out to other top guilds and none of them would have tolerated this and aren't experiencing it. There were people / guilds that allowed that but it wasn't like it was the entire top scene like this is trying to paint.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2021-02-26 at 04:09 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Exactly, and in what world are white people a minority or marginalized?...
    You do know there's a world beyond America and Europe, right? Why are you guys who preach this stuff always so Americentric. It's contradictory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    Yes imagine that, letting nature be natural.
    Nooo, you can't just do that. What if people start thinking they can just get away with saying no-no words among each other in a way that harms literally nobody.

We need our society and future to be PURE. So we will CLEANSE it of filth that doesn't belong there if we need to! :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see that forum moderators apply their rules evenly.

The following topics are not to be discussed on MMO-Champion on penalty of ban.

-Hateful language about race, religion, country (Example: US vs. EU threads), political beliefs, etc.
    -Race or Ethnicity that is not fantasy in nature
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

I don't know. A hand full of guys spamming n-word and making 1-2 retarded comments isn't exactly the new KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    We can't tolerate intolerance. It's an actual "paradox" being studied, but if we are to end such cases of intolerance like the one evidenced in this thread, we can't tolerate it. It's ok to not tolerate some things, like racism.
    Ah yes, the paradox of tolerance. One of those many things ripped from its original context and used blindly and carelessly as a thought-terminating bludgeon in mediocre two-dimensional online discourse. Funny.

"In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies."

And this is about philosophies, even. Not just people talking random shit among their friends in a more or less private environment.

"But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols."

Whoa, a group that forbids its followers to listen to rational arguments because it is deceptive and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. That's awful! Sounds.. familiar, somehow, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    how do you know they are white? Can only white people be racist?
    Wow, the first intelligent response to my post. I did assume that, and totally overlooked the stuff @ujx has said about people being edgy for fun when I wrote my original post. Thank you both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I don’t agree with you
    It... wasn’t something that was to be agreed with or not, I stated a fact. In the case of government contracting, Companies that have more than fifty employees AND**are accepting a contract of over 50k are FORCED to comply with affirmative action, which literally awards jobs based on being not white, while taking food off the table of white families since daddy was denied being hired to X construction company or X engineering firm in favor of Rashim (qualifications don’t matter, we need a non white) because daddy was the wrong race, and sinking any company that has not enough non-white people or in other words too many white people. This isn’t rhetoric, I’ve discussed this with more than a couple people working in STEM. There is systemic racism in the US and it does not affect the races people like to say. The only true and honest racist policies in place today I can think of only disparage whites.. I honestly can’t think of any that harm minorities.
    Last edited by Shyning; 2021-02-26 at 04:35 PM.

It should come as no surprise that a bunch of gamers are racist fuckwits.