Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, perhaps my favorite rpg

The Just Survive portion of H1Z1. They split the game into two and shut down the survival version of the game at the same time other survival genre games were making massive gains and taking off (Rust, ARK, etc) and there's still some demand for it to be brought back but it's been offline for a couple years now with no information. Meanwhile the Battle Royale for H1Z1 is still kicking even though it was a mod to the original survival game to begin with.

Loved the crafting system and survival aspects of it, particularly how scarce some resources could be which made it much more difficult than some of the other games out there (ARK in particular starts hard but scales into being very easy later) and it made every run out for resources feel threatening, but with it being shut down I haven't really found another game that gives me the same feeling after the first few hours of gameplay.

For me easy answer was Hyperscape, very amazing battle royal that died in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Sacred/ Sacred 2. Thousand times better RPG than Diablo, sadly only mostly known in Germany. @mr_vandam .
    I'll be honest,the only time I ever heard about Sacred was because a german band I like made music about it. So I guess the "sadly only mostly known in Germany." is true

My vote would be Hellgate: London a shame what happened to it overall. I lost the original disc i had

I really loved both of the Condemned games. I know they got good reviews when they came out, but I almost never hear anyone ever talking about them. Even when the games were new.

Also a lot of people seemed to dislike Alan Wake, which I thought was a pretty neat game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is utterly debunked by the simple fact that Blizzard cancelled the second xpac. If D3 was a hit, they absolutely sell everyone the second xpac. D3 sucked and it had died before they finished the second xpac, so they released the content they had made for the second xpac as a downloadable content pack, then fired the team and shuffled D3 off to the legacy department.
    The second expansion to Diablo 3 wasn't cancelled because Diablo 3 was unsuccessful. Both the original game and Reaper of Souls were massive successes. However, Blizzard had originally intended for Diablo 3 to be a continuous source of revenue with things like the RMAH, and after it's removal due to player backlash, the game only made money through unit sales, and so they refocused their efforts towards continuous revenue streams. Even if something has made a profit, if it doesn't line up with a company's originally budgeted goals, they still often get axed. D3 sold substantially more copies than D2 ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    My vote would be Hellgate: London a shame what happened to it overall. I lost the original disc i had
    god, trailers for the game to this day are some of my favorite. Remember the dead, but fight for the living. the game itself has some... issues though. still wish they had a chance to fix those before it was completely axed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I really loved both of the Condemned games. I know they got good reviews when they came out, but I almost never hear anyone ever talking about them. Even when the games were new.

Also a lot of people seemed to dislike Alan Wake, which I thought was a pretty neat game.

- - - Updated - - -

The second expansion to Diablo 3 wasn't cancelled because Diablo 3 was unsuccessful. Both the original game and Reaper of Souls were massive successes. However, Blizzard had originally intended for Diablo 3 to be a continuous source of revenue with things like the RMAH, and after it's removal due to player backlash, the game only made money through unit sales, and so they refocused their efforts towards continuous revenue streams. Even if something has made a profit, if it doesn't line up with a company's originally budgeted goals, they still often get axed. D3 sold substantially more copies than D2 ever did.
    ROFL you are incredibly naive.

A full-fledged xpac is going to generate massive profits. The only reason to cancel it is the game failed. You are buying into the corporate double-talk.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL you are incredibly naive.

A full-fledged xpac is going to generate massive profits. The only reason to cancel it is the game failed. You are buying into the corporate double-talk.
    When was it ever reported or announced that D3 was going to have an expansion beyond RoS? Cause I don't know what this canceled expansion you're talking about is; I can't recall having ever seen anything to the effect that there was going to be a second expansion for D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

This is utterly debunked by the simple fact that Blizzard cancelled the second xpac. If D3 was a hit, they absolutely sell everyone the second xpac. D3 sucked and it had died before they finished the second xpac, so they released the content they had made for the second xpac as a downloadable content pack, then fired the team and shuffled D3 off to the legacy department.
    ..i would take Blizzards definition of failure with a grain of salt. This is the same company that said they had their most profitible year ever followed by we fucked up half of yall fired

I liked Rome 2. Even vanilla's fun. The units are cool, the combat feels good, there's lots of pageantry. It's a fun game in a fun genre.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I'll be honest,the only time I ever heard about Sacred was because a german band I like made music about it. So I guess the "sadly only mostly known in Germany." is true
    If you mean Blind Guardian: There is an entire questline in the game, where you help them prepare their concert
    to unlock the ingame video . Sacred doesn't take itself too seriously, there's tons of references embedded in sidequests

Amazone topic! Thx for creating it!

Anyway: for me its Empire Earth and the sequel, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and 4, 5, 6 and even 7. I Just really like fantasy turn based games! I Saw kings bounty here, gonna try that!
    Empire Earth is Just amazing! Horrific balanced, but noone gave a shiit back in the days.
    Man of Madan, is amazing on Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Elistri92 View Post
    If you liked Freelancer, I’d recommend Elite Dangerous as a worthy successor to it in the modern day. It has a rather healthy player base with a few hundred thousand active players, and in many ways it fulfills a lot of the same things that made Freelancer great. The combat is quite fine tuned with strong ship controls and it actually has a range of different aiming styles for its weapons.

The game also supports trade and exploration as equally viable systems for making your living in the Galaxy. It also has an absolutely insane Galaxy size, with literally as many star systems that you can visit as our real world Galaxy. Despite the game having been out for about 6 years, 38 million star systems have been discovered by players which is only .038% of the Galaxy.

You also don’t have to pay 2,500 real life dollars for a ship like in Star Citizen. :P All ships in Elite cannot be purchased with micro transactions, only with in game credits. So you never have to pay anything beyond the initial purchase cost of the game to achieve anything you want.

It does have a micro transaction system, but it’s purely for buying ship cosmetics like paint jobs and such. They’re also dirt cheap comparatively to literally 90% of micro transactions with the most expensive thing being a ship kit that lets you add alternate cosmetic wings and ect for about 10 USD. All cosmetic unlocks like that are permanent as well, so if you for some reason sell that ship, you can later buy another of that model and put those cosmetics you purchased back on it.
    My main issue with elite dangerous is that I can never understand the control scheme. This is coming from someone that played elite and frontier back in the day.

That said I do wish Microsoft would make a third game in the Star/Freelancer series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jade Empire. It's the best and most unique game Bioware ever made but almost nobody played it that I know of. Now it's all DA and ME, which is extremely frustrating as I can't stand those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    My main issue with elite dangerous is that I can never understand the control scheme. This is coming from someone that played elite and frontier back in the day.

That said I do wish Microsoft would make a third game in the Star/Freelancer series.
    I've had Elite Dangerous for years and been trying to get past the tutorial for years. Every single time I struggle with the controls and say that I will try again when I can dedicate more time it. I was going get a flight stick for the game only to learn that just buying a flight stick isn't as easy as buying a game pad.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've had Elite Dangerous for years and been trying to get past the tutorial for years. Every single time I struggle with the controls and say that I will try again when I can dedicate more time it. I was going get a flight stick for the game only to learn that just buying a flight stick isn't as easy as buying a game pad.
    Elite with a flight stick is amazing. It’s easily the best space sim to date. All you need is a cheap Thrustmaster Hotas set up. I have a T16000 which I paid about a $100 for on sale (happens quite a bit).

But on M/KB, the game is a bit rough. Mainly because there will be a bunch of times you’ll be attempting maneuvers that require a more natural intuitive control than just a keybind can offer.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-02-28 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Heroes of Might and Magic (I liked 3 best and wish someone would remaster it, but the franchise as a whole). Someone above said kings Bounty was like that so I'm gonna need to try those out soon.

Dragon Age Inquisition - I liked it, sue me. Though I absolutely mod the table to remove the time gating crap.

Mass Effect Andromeda- I loved the combat in that game
    Andromeda has some damn fine combat
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

quake tbh. i dont get why it went out of fashion
    Last edited by LedZeppelin; 2021-02-28 at 11:31 PM.

On topic:
    Team Fortress Classic.
    Even in its day it wasn’t extremely popular. With TF2 being a really disappointing change to the game, and really TFC was the last of its kind.