Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deep Rock Galactic, it is by no means dead but I wish it saw the rocket success of Valheim, it is fantastic.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freedom Fighters (already discussed)
    Singularity : a solid single player FPS, probably that's why it didn't get popular, due to no multiplayer?
    HOTS: it is way more solid than LoL, in fact I don't understand why Dota is still popular, i played dota for 7 years, then played LoL to never return, then played hots.. only to see it die and forced back to lol

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    I never actually played it, but watched an entire playthrough of The Order: 1886.

I don't know, it honestly seemed like a very badass concept, even if the combat wasn't anything groundbreaking. The world and worldbuilding potential seemed very appealing to me personally.
    easily, it is a great game to watch, not play, the gameplay is weak
    I know walking simulators has its audience, but i never liked that, and this game is almost walking simulator type

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom Fighters (already discussed)
    Singularity : a solid single player FPS, probably that's why it didn't get popular, due to no multiplayer?
    HOTS: it is way more solid than LoL, in fact I don't understand why Dota is still popular, i played dota for 7 years, then played LoL to never return, then played hots.. only to see it die and forced back to lol
    Gruntz: I don't know if it was popular or not, but this funny puzzle game never got sequel, why?
    Claw: same story, amazing game, yet no sequel, was it failure?

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    I never actually played it, but watched an entire playthrough of The Order: 1886.

I don't know, it honestly seemed like a very badass concept, even if the combat wasn't anything groundbreaking. The world and worldbuilding potential seemed very appealing to me personally.
    easily, it is a great game to watch, not play, the gameplay is weak
    I know walking simulators has its audience, but i never liked that, and this game is almost walking simulator type
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Dude...Dude...i was addicted to that game for so long.
    A masterpiece.

Controlling your units with that aim system...heck i even ended up feeling bad for my fallen comrades and would go back to save them.
    I was so young at the time...but this game was one of my favorites of all time.

This game never took off Never seen a sequel
    Yup, same here. Played it over and over again so many times.

Yeah I never left anyone behind I always tried to revive my guys. I felt so awesome turning back and shooting through all the Russian guys trying to get back to my fallen squad member and clearing the area so I can get him up.

It's a real shame this game never got a sequel or even a remaster for PS4/Xbox One, it deserves it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Two come to mind:

1. Jericho, a Clive Barker-themed Horror shooter. I thought the game had such a cool concept and I liked the shooter squad aspect mixed with creative horror bits. I am not really an FPS type of player but I loved horror as a genre and this game seemed way cool to me. I really enjoyed it but it tanked.
    Absolutely agree. That game had so much promise. The story alone was fantastic. But the gameplay was the weakest part. Needed more tweaks. Plus the levels were a bit too "follow the path." and not much side exploration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Timesplitters 2 on Gamecube was the holy grail for me and my friends for like 3-4 years, where we would always go back to it.
    Buuilding maps, playing "zombie survival" (all zombie like models on opposing team, crank difficulty to max), it was like a throwback to the days of Goldeneye and we had hours long sessions almost every weekend.
    Yup same same here. I'd spend hours just playing the different multiplayer modes with bots and beating all the challenge missions. It was awesome how you could basically make up your own game on a map you created.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Two come to mind:

1. Jericho, a Clive Barker-themed Horror shooter. I thought the game had such a cool concept and I liked the shooter squad aspect mixed with creative horror bits. I am not really an FPS type of player but I loved horror as a genre and this game seemed way cool to me. I really enjoyed it but it tanked.

2. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, a "Van Helsing" themed ARPG in the vein of a Diablo or Path of Exile. Though a small budget game, the devs were so creative in mixing things up as the series went on. I was always impressed by their commitment to the product and the game had a great setting. Pretty witty writing and fun mechanics.

Edit: Also, I am not sure if "unpopular" but Apex Legends is one of the most fun arena/co-op shooters in my opinion. I think it's far more engaging and creative than games like PUBG. Fortnite, Lawbreakers, etc.
    If you enjoyed van helsing (i know i did i have hours on hours on the trilogy and more hours on the final cut :P ) i would suggest trying Victor Vran

7+ Year Old Account
    Blackwake

Probably best pirate game out atm. The graphics aren't stellar but damn is it so much fun. Only problem is population of course.

Eternal Sonata has one of the most unique and fun combat systems in an RPG. Plus it had the music of Chopin and the music theme throughout the game was a fun take.

Too Human
    Champions: Return to Arms
    Halo Wars

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yup same same here. I'd spend hours just playing the different multiplayer modes with bots and beating all the challenge missions. It was awesome how you could basically make up your own game on a map you created.
    This just made me rummage around in a closet and find my GameCube and my copy of Timesplitters Future Perfect.
    Shit is going down tonight!

Eve online, i love it and used to play it religiously without ever really understanding how to play it other than go here blow up people and sell stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freedom Force

They had two games in the franchise. Why it never got that popular is beyond me. Was so replayable too and the cheesy story that pays homage to the style of the 60's/70's comic books like avengers or Justice League is masterclass, its actually very charming game. The second game left on a cliffhanger too.

Customizing your heroes powers and fighting in a Baldur's Gate type of combat. The game was so smooth they did re-release it to steam but last I heard Steam borked it. :P

Two come to mind:

I can recomend Undying, another Clive Barker horror shooter. Loved that one, but I don't think it was exactly unpopular. (Edit: Skullstorm <3 )

In general I don't think I play actually unpopular games, at least not of the universal(y hated) kind. If a game is actually good then there will be people playing.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-02-26 at 09:20 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Armored core series on PS2. Literal favorite game series of all-time and I wish they would create more. Daemon X machina was a nice new mech game in a similar vein, so I suppose that would be my most recent addition to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Dragon Age Inquisition - I liked it, sue me. Though I absolutely mod the table to remove the time gating crap.
    My poor system clock.. back and forth, back and forth.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Surprised Armored Core or Sacrifice aren't remade in some way.

But the winner is HotS. I think it's the best MOBA.

Kingdoms of Amalur. I dont play many of these types of games, actually none of them iirc, but I liked this one. Still playing the re-master a bit here and there. Really sad the studio ended and all...But like, combat is fun, loot is okay in the game, the score/music and world is very good. So yea...its good, but you also feel like its an empty world that should has been an MMO.

Main thing that most ppl hate is the OP crafted gear...AND HOLY MOTHER EFFING JESUS - People talk about balance problems in games...wait until you see how broken crafted gear is vs the best dropped loot in this game...xD Also full wizard/mage is to OP.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I can recomend Undying, another Clive Barker horror shooter. Loved that one, but I don't think it was exactly unpopular. (Edit: Skullstorm <3 )
    Yea, I played Undying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    If you enjoyed van helsing (i know i did i have hours on hours on the trilogy and more hours on the final cut :P ) i would suggest trying Victor Vran
    I have that one too. I liked it.

Jets'n'Guns series come to mind for me. One of the best side-scrolling shooters I've ever played - the first one is old af if you don't count the Gold version, as it came out in 2003, but I'd say the graphics do hold up if you don't mind lower resolutions, and the gameplay is as good as ever. JnG 2 came out not so long ago and it's almost as good as the first one, with some cool looking environment destruction like being able to blow the crap out of every building you fly by on the screen. Also, most of the soundtrack was made by Machinae Supremacy.

Last edited by MeTaL GuArD; 2021-02-26 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Absolutely agree. That game had so much promise. The story alone was fantastic. But the gameplay was the weakest part. Needed more tweaks. Plus the levels were a bit too "follow the path." and not much side exploration.
    Yea, it was a flawed game. But I still like the imagination behind it to some degree.

Generally, I am an admirer of ambition &/or creativity in music, games, films, books, etc. Often more so than just standard competence. I always say I would rather play an ambitious disaster than a perfectly average game.