Thread: Torghast armor.

Torghast armor.

What if torghast dropped armor and weapons limited to the tower itself.

the gear would only function in torghast, but would allow players to become OP juggernauts as they weaved their way to the tower. Torghast armor could reach ilevels well beyond mythic raid tier with godly effects and abilities, since it is bound to the tower itself.

It would give a reason to do torghast beyond soul ash, and the gear would also count towards your t-mog sets.

Not a bad thought but this is wow,we cant have nice things cause players will find a way to abuse it and have them outside torghast X)

But we already have a way to become OP juggernauts within Torghast. That's what Torghast does. 0 cooldown Touch of Death. 5 Demonic Tyrants. 1 minute of Bloodlust. Over 100% haste.
    This is just a few of the things I've seen in Torghast, far more powerful than any gear.

The idea of a transmog set as a reward is good though, I'd love to see that. I'd also like to be able to do my weekly Soul Ash runs in the more fun Twisting Corridors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Not a bad thought but this is wow,we cant have nice things cause players will find a way to abuse it and have them outside torghast X)
    That's pretty much the reason they went with Anima Powers instead. They can't be taken outside because the entire framework is bound to Torghast.

That aside, Powers effectively do the exact same thing, so there's not much point to adding them now.

Wish we could do Torghast for the Mawsworn armor

5+ Year Old Account
    I think we should have some nice cosmetics for finishing it. In Legion we had lovely artifact appearances for doing challenges so I wouldn’t mind getting something nice.

I wouldn't say no to an armor set that matches the M15+ Mount
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I think we should have some nice cosmetics for finishing it. In Legion we had lovely artifact appearances for doing challenges so I wouldn’t mind getting something nice.
    Torghast is NOWHERE near the mage tower. You can argue TC is, but there's a good reward for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    That's what Twisting Corridors is for.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree. But the idea of having multiple sets of armor I don't like. Make it like Azerite gear, except the bonuses are REALLY strong and only work in Torghast, and are unlocked by doing Torghast.

Torghast NEEDS permanent buffs that carry through runs, in some way shape or form. Every run needs to be a tiny bit easier than the last. Roguelikes where you start fresh every time are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Totally agree. But the idea of having multiple sets of armor I don't like. Make it like Azerite gear, except the bonuses are REALLY strong and only work in Torghast, and are unlocked by doing Torghast.

Torghast NEEDS permanent buffs that carry through runs, in some way shape or form. Every run needs to be a tiny bit easier than the last. Roguelikes where you start fresh every time are the worst.
    Torghast has permanent buffs, they're just not obtained through Torghast itself but through Ven'ari rep. I think this was a bad decision, but the permanent upgrades are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

That way Blizz couldn't deliver cheap and easy-to-make content

They don't want do a better game, they just want our money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmo would be awesome. Like weapons sets enchants. Thorgast is flat. No challange. Its fun but for a long term its just boring. In general this exp looks got problems with reward system. Glad they bring back valor system. M+ are toxic so much. There is meta setup u cant even join PUG with no fotm class. Disaster for high endgame content.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-02-26 at 10:01 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    What if torghast dropped armor and weapons limited to the tower itself.

the gear would only function in torghast, but would allow players to become OP juggernauts as they weaved their way to the tower. Torghast armor could reach ilevels well beyond mythic raid tier with godly effects and abilities, since it is bound to the tower itself.

It would give a reason to do torghast beyond soul ash, and the gear would also count towards your t-mog sets.
    I mean don't anima powers kinda do the same thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    But we already have a way to become OP juggernauts within Torghast. That's what Torghast does. 0 cooldown Touch of Death. 5 Demonic Tyrants. 1 minute of Bloodlust. Over 100% haste.
    1- u lose all as soon run ends
    2- not at start, some starts are horrible, my DH had at start a sh8tty anima choise and i didn't get any minor anima powers in entire 1st floor! (first time ever, and i do Torghast at least 3 times a week since 2 months), got anima only at start and at boss floor, as result i just kept dying at 4th floor even after i got great anima powers, but they were too few
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Torghast has permanent buffs, they're just not obtained through Torghast itself but through Ven'ari rep. I think this was a bad decision, but the permanent upgrades are there.
    Yeah, those aren't that great. Like you said, they are outside Torghast and don't really have a big enough effect. Visions had a good system, they need to do that again.

maybe if they introduced a separate slot for the armor that automatically switched it over when you enter, then it would take up space and could accidently get vendored

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Or they demand it to be more useable, "as they don't want to waste time on borrowed stuff" etc etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

if you want more reason to run torghast/corridors just put tier3, mage tower skins, strange mounts, rare world drop items and other removed weapon models as possible rewards from bosses and trash and there you have your resaon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Torghast is NOWHERE near the mage tower. You can argue TC is, but there's a good reward for that.
    There is, but I wouldn’t mind adding a nice transmog. It takes ages to finish these wings.