15+ Year Old Account

Covenant Conduits & WQ level rewards confusion & boss drop rates

OK am I understanding correctly that renown 29 is the last upgrade to the item level of rewards for WQ which gives you a chance at 184? Am I also correct in thinking that the covenant conduit rewards from the world bosses give a level 200 regardless of what your renown is? I ask this because I'm looking at my renown on my main and alts. Most are 34-36 and there are no "world quest rewards - the item level of your world quest rewards is increased" showing for anything after 29. I've done 6 alts for the past 3 weeks and not one of them has received a single item from any of the world bosses outside of the damn anima item. That's a total of 18 kills and not a damn thing. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that the boss drop rate increase included the world bosses but of the 6 alts only 2 of them have a level 200 covenant conduit. One has a 174 level one that I think I got from a callings bag. One has a 145 which is the first one given to you when you hit 60 and pick your covenant. Two have 200 level ones I've got from the world bosses. The others have 184 which I think were also obtained from callings bags. So I guess I'm asking is 1) is the world quest item level rewards capped at 184 obtained from renown 29 & 2) was the increased boss drop rate including world bosses?

I also noticed that something is off with this system.

My alts are basically the same renown as my main (maybe 1-2 behind) but they should have the maxed out ilvl upgrades from WQs. And yet. the rewards in WQs are substantially lower on my alts than on my main. My guess is that's it is partially also based on the ilvl of the character and not just the renown. Not sure what other explanation is there.

Right now for example, I see 187 ilvl items as rewards on my main. Meanwhile, on an alt these same world quests award only 171 ilvl items, with the same renown level of the alt. Main is 219 ilvl, alt is 177 ilvl. So yeah, it clearly seems that your character ilvl also matters.

PS. World boss loot has nothing to do with WQ rewards. It's a separate thing completely.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-02-28 at 10:04 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Farming world bosses is pointless. I was doing it constantly for 250 renown on every character, i.e. on 1 first, then on 2, then on 3 and then on 4. Only one item dropped.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Farming world bosses is pointless. I was doing it constantly for 250 renown on every character, i.e. on 1 first, then on 2, then on 3 and then on 4. Only one item dropped.
    Other than possibly getting the covenant conduits from a callings bag, the only way to get the covenant conduits is through the world boss each week. That's the problem I'm experiencing though is I have 2 out of 6 characters who actually have the item level 200 conduit from a world boss. The others have shitty ones from either the default one given to you or from crappy callings bags.

I have 2 toons below 200 and they get 200 conduits in the bags. The ilvl of WQ rewards are 194. They have completed the campaign and are above 30 for reknown. It's a fucking mess. We should be able to know what we need to do to maximise our rewards potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You typically get conduits from calling caches.

For general gear you get from WQs the item level appears to be a combination of your character's item level and your renown level.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think my WQ rewards are UP TO 197. Most of them are 187 or 194. Callings drop 200 conduits (and 203 loot), but I think all my characters have them already.

EDIT: Oh and about the world boss drop rates: I had one loot drop from world boss on the first week we had them. After that I had 43 consecutive world boss kills without any loot. Then I got 3 loots in 3 consecutive kills.

I hate this fucking weekly rng fiesta with world bosses and vaults.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2021-02-28 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    After that I had 43 consecutive world boss kills without any loot.
    Can't use that in an argument until you've had 43 kills on the same character, as droprates on multiple characters will always skew results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Can't use that in an argument until you've had 43 kills on the same character, as droprates on multiple characters will always skew results.
    It doesn't skew anything if there isn't a bad luck protection in place. Which I think doesn't exist anymore.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It doesn't skew anything if there isn't a bad luck protection in place. Which I think doesn't exist anymore.
    BLP per account? I doubt it.
    BLP per character? I assume that's still in place, but it's usually only for the stuff we're "supposed" to get anyway. Like Legion Legendaries. I'm assuming we're also experiencing a version of it with conduits. But regular loot, such as from dungeons, raids and world bosses? I don't see a reason why BLP should have been implemented there.

Conduit rewards from world quests seem to max out at ilvl 184, that's the highest I ever got offered. Once a char had all conduits at 184+ it never got another conduit from WQ.

Conduits from callings seem to max out at ilvl 200.

Covenant specific conduits seem to max out at ilvl 200. You get the crappy 145 version from your campaign and 200 as a drop from world bosses.

Other than that have fun grinding the maw to buy random upgrades from Venari.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Conduit rewards from world quests seem to max out at ilvl 184, that's the highest I ever got offered. Once a char had all conduits at 184+ it never got another conduit from WQ.

Conduits from callings seem to max out at ilvl 200.

Covenant specific conduits seem to max out at ilvl 200. You get the crappy 145 version from your campaign and 200 as a drop from world bosses.

Other than that have fun grinding the maw to buy random upgrades from Venari.
    Once I had them maxed on my main for WQ, I got them fairly often from boxes. I think I have all but a few at 200.