Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

They are seeking to remove faction borders

Not only was the whole greeting the playerbase at Blizzconline with factions lame, they later tried to greet the playerbase with their whole covenant persona stick.

That's the first time they're trying to create something else out of faction pride, maybe covenant pride now?
    Anyway, I found it cringe because the guy doesn't have the enthusiasm of Chris Metzen.

But it did make me think, what was the point of making the covenants represent the people who were watching, alongside the usual faction greeting (players of the Horde, players of the Alliance!) etc.

They're obviously testing waters for the future. I think they're going to delete the faction barrier at some point and they're doing this with covenants. Which would make sense why covenants are such a dreg to change.

Well covenants are not the way to go seeing how most just picked the one that sims the best, can’t really care about something if it isn’t really an option to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Not only was the whole greeting the playerbase at Blizzconline with factions lame, they later tried to greet the playerbase with their whole covenant persona stick.

That's the first time they're trying to create something else out of faction pride, maybe covenant pride now?
    Anyway, I found it cringe because the guy doesn't have the enthusiasm of Chris Metzen.

But it did make me think, what was the point of making the covenants represent the people who were watching, alongside the usual faction greeting (players of the Horde, players of the Alliance!) etc.

They're obviously testing waters for the future. I think they're going to delete the faction barrier at some point and they're doing this with covenants. Which would make sense why covenants are such a dreg to change.
    I think you're reading too much into this.

It seems like just another marketing nod to their current product.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Covenants are an expansion feature,faction is the lifeblood of the game! one stays one goes after SL, guess which one OP :P

The guy isnt some hollywood actor lol,and atleast metzen does voices,also its likely hard for him to show enthusiasm with no crowd

the covenant call thing was cringy but its the first time something like this existed since tbc,and even then it was to a lesser extent

5+ Year Old Account
    I believe they'll eventually remove faction-"borders" and allow horde and alliance to do PvE together.

I have my doubt on PvP, but it's not impossible.

with regards to covenants being the new "border"-design, I think that's just an expansion perk. It'll be gone by next expansion, what ever that may be.

I laughed at that covenant pride thing, delivered with all the zeal of a man who knows he's selling a dud.

I don't think they're going to remove faction borders anytime soon but I think it would be cool if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Well covenants are not the way to go seeing how most just picked the one that sims the best, can’t really care about something if it isn’t really an option to begin with.
    your talking like people didn't do that with Alliance/Horde

If they're looking to get rid of the barrier between Alliance and Horde (and they should), I don't see why they would do it with two extra pseudo factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I assume you only watched the opening ceremony then,
    The faction discussion was mentioned 'again' this year, it is a recurring question about every year.
    While, due to powers that concern all Azerothians, horde and alliance find themselves fighting alongside to oppose the greater danger, they will not have them unite for the foreseeable future in the sense that factions disappear or change.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    That’s how the horde and alliance imbalance happened. Top players went horde for the OP facials and the more casual player base followed “cause top players do it”.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imo two factions should exist enyway its fcuking WAR CRAFT. May it be to cooperate on the side in convenant for example or other expansion determined faction. No gnome allowed in Orgrimmar plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalatoby View Post
    I believe they'll eventually remove faction-"borders" and allow horde and alliance to do PvE together.

I have my doubt on PvP, but it's not impossible.
    It already is, to some extend, with that Mercenaries mode.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Imo two factions should exist enyway its fcuking WAR CRAFT. May it be to cooperate on the side in convenant for example or other expansion determined faction. No gnome allowed in Orgrimmar plz.
    that's literally how Everquest does it. There are enemy races BUT you are allowed to party with them hell there's a race that is literally hated by EVERYONE and questing outside their own island was a bitch. BUT you can party with them no matter what. Wow could do something similar ..not like EQ where if you killed enough X then any city would eventually be ok with your presence but you can party with the Alliance but the second a gnome walks towards ANYTHING horde controlled they get killed on sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    a welcome improvement
    your feeling alone should determine whether you want to be member of "a" horde or "an" alliance. No need to limit it to certain races.

Faction borders are a racist symbol of white supremacy and need to go for the sake of progress. We should be able to identify as any race ingame for free #endbigotry

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Faction borders are a racist symbol of white supremacy and need to go for the sake of progress. We should be able to identify as any race ingame for free #endbigotry
    Christ sake xD man this is goin to far. Plz dont make every one piece of our live gayzone and race polite heaven. This is ridicolous. Its freakin game so at the start ur a troll or other IN GAME race. No matter ur black white gay hindu or sick. Ur just a player and thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    a welcome improvement
    your feeling alone should determine whether you want to be member of "a" horde or "an" alliance. No need to limit it to certain races.
    Since when are factions determined by feelings? I disagree with your statement. Seems silly way to phrase it. I'd rather keep the factions race related.

There are other sites where you can preach about that though.

Dont understand why Blizzard should remove the factions. Its a core part of the MMORPG. They would also have to do very major lore telling in order for that to happen. Either suddenly every faction leader forgives one another, or the current leaders all just die. And I mean all of them.

BUT - The covenant feature in SL might be testing ground for future stuff that Blizzard are thinking about. What if we must decide on a covenant in the new xpac too? Something different than in SL, were you team up with everyone who picks your covenant/faction/guild whatever.

If that were a thing in SL, everyone who picks Bastion would be allies in certain aspects of the game.

Seems like you are reading into something that's not there... they did the covenant thing because covenants is the current content.
    Error 404 - Signature not found