1 hand / shield ir Staff

Hey guys! So, i have a 1hand weapon and a shield both ilvl 194 and a staff ilvl 203, which should i use? Cheers

For what? If you're talking about PvP, it's probably not worth giving up the armor from the shield, but for PvE there's no difference in stats between a 2h and 1h+shield at the same itemlevel. In other words, use whichever has the higher ilvl as a general rule of thumb. Secondaries might also play a role depending on the ilvl gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Prob a good idea to post the names of the items and your class/spec to be sure, but almost certainly the 203 staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rule of thumb is a 2h has the same amount of stam & primary stat as a 1h and an off-hand/shield but if all pieces involved have the exact same secondary stats on it, the 2h will have more of them because for some reason 2h weapons are allotted more secondary stats than using a 1h with something in your offhand. But unless the staff is heavy on mastery and another bad stat for you, the staff will probably be the better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    ilvl always prio. Would be cool to see stats anyway. In general theres no diff between 1h+off vs 2h in stats on same ilvl. Yeah maybe lower shield is better for PVP but dunno this matter.

That depends if you're planning on getting hit.

The 1 hand and shield contain vers and mastery, the staff contains mastery and haste, my goal is mythic+

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prio versa and crit or ilvl.

You definitely want a shield for pvp and even open world. Use the staff unless stats are worse for other pve.

would like to see a list of what sorts of PVE damage are physical, to evaluate what the extra armor of a shield is getting you.
    for example, the bit where Lord Chamberlain tosses a pillar at you and you don't dodge it, IIRC that's physical damage.

If you dont play pvp, then always go for highest ilvl, doesnt matter if its shield or staff.

If you play pvp always get a shield. It's huge vs any melee.

staff just doesnt feel very shaman i dont like it

Whichever one has better stats unless it's pvp

Quote Originally Posted by casualbuster View Post
    staff just doesnt feel very shaman i dont like it
    I second this. Shaman should have a shield and a 1h.