Thread: Windfury totem

10+ Year Old Account

Windfury totem

Hey.

Do shamans benefit from their own windfury totems ? Is it worth doing it while out questing?

(This is a scenario where you don’t have the helm legendary yet)

Um Yes....they benefit from all the totems they drop. Would be kind of weird if they didn't.

As for useful for Questing (w/o Doom Winds)...90% of the time Na, I find Normal mobs die within a few globals. Maybe on large packs/Elites, or if you are going to be staying in the same spot for a bit. But I always found Killing Mob to mob over a stretch of space it was more annoying to redrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaan View Post
    Um Yes....they benefit from all the totems they drop. Would be kind of weird if they didn't.

As for useful for Questing (w/o Doom Winds)...90% of the time Na, I find Normal mobs die within a few globals. Maybe on large packs/Elites, or if you are going to be staying in the same spot for a bit. But I always found Killing Mob to mob over a stretch of space it was more annoying to redrop.
    One thing to remember is that in the past, Shaman (and others such as Rogue poisons) did not benefit from windfury if their weapons already had a temp enchant on it such as Windfury Weapon Imbue (if for some weird reason you didn't have it on, you could benefit). However, regardless in SL if you have your own Windfury Weapon Imbue + Totem, the shaman will benefit!

Even without the legendary, always keep it dropped and up. Its is an extra 20% to proc Windfury. When you get Doomwinds, you will want to time with CDs such as Ascendance, Wolves, Sundering, etc.
    Last edited by Creedo; 2021-02-26 at 12:50 PM.

I don't think it's worth the gcd while questing though, unless you gonna be within its reach for full minute or drop it on the run between mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedo View Post
    One thing to remember is that in the past, Shaman (and others such as Rogue poisons) did not benefit from windfury if their weapons already had a temp enchant on it such as Windfury Weapon Imbue (if for some weird reason you didn't have it on, you could benefit). However, regardless in SL if you have your own Windfury Weapon Imbue + Totem, the shaman will benefit!

Even without the legendary, always keep it dropped and up. Its is an extra 20% to proc Windfury. When you get Doomwinds, you will want to time with CDs such as Ascendance, Wolves, Sundering, etc.
    Its a different wf than the one you proc off your weapons. The totem only gives 20% to have an extra melee attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its a different wf than the one you proc off your weapons. The totem only gives 20% to have an extra melee attack.
    Yes I know that...that is why I stated "in the past" and then stated it works different today lol. I have played Enhance since TBC and still playing it today...

Yes u benefit from it.

But i think it is worth to mention that it will not be shown as " Findfury Hit" in your DMG meeters.

It is shown as a basic attack, as far as i could see that while testing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedo View Post
    Yes I know that...that is why I stated "in the past" and then stated it works different today lol. I have played Enhance since TBC and still playing it today...
    You stated it’s a 20% extra chance to proc, wf, it’s not. If we are measuring dicks I’ve been shaman since alpha.