Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal teebling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    The Barrens
    Posts
    62

    I made a one-page mini-site for D2 Resurrected detailing everything we know so far :)

    diablo2.io/resurrected
    Everything we know about the game so far


    I put a lot of time into assembling the pictures, GIFs, information etc. and transcribing the deep dive panel (with video timestamps) to make blue posts that supported the things we know are confirmed:


    If you don't want to read all the content in one sitting the page can be filtered using the filter buttons. You can also instantly search for terms of interest to you:


    I hope you guys find this useful. I made it because I know a lot of people don't have time to digest the 40 minute blizzcon panel, and because some just prefer non-video stuff. Here's the link if you missed it.

    Teeb
    Last edited by teebling; 2021-02-26 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Typo

  2. #2
    The first question I want answered, what should be on the top of the page, is:

    Why should I play Diablo 2 Resurrected over other ARPGs?

    Acceptable answers MIGHT include (and I'm not saying these pertain to D2R or any ARPG, these are just examples):

    1. The game has BY FAR the best graphics in its genre.
    2. The game has the best support in its genre.
    3. The game has the most frequent updates in its genre.
    4. The game has the most bleeding-edge social features in its genre.
    5. Combat is the smoothest in its genre.
    6. The game has the best and broadest compatibility in its genre.
    7. The game offers the most robust modding tools in its genre.
    8. We are doing something no other game in the genre is doing, its a HUGE innovation, and it is X.

    Bring a good game isn't enough. Even being a GREAT game isn't enough. You need a hook. A value add. What is the value add here?

    Its the only question worth answering. It should be the first thing they say. And I don't see from Blizzard. Do you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    If you ask me that same question about PoE, I can definitively give you an answer. They produce very high-quality xpacs, best in genre. By FAR. So if you want a quality ARPG where you know there is always a bright future and exciting updates and xpacs getting pushed out regularly, you absolutely MUST pay PoE. There is no other option.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The first question I want answered, what should be on the top of the page, is:

    Why should I play Diablo 2 Resurrected over other ARPGs?

    Acceptable answers MIGHT include (and I'm not saying these pertain to D2R or any ARPG, these are just examples):

    1. The game has BY FAR the best graphics in its genre.
    2. The game has the best support in its genre.
    3. The game has the most frequent updates in its genre.
    4. The game has the most bleeding-edge social features in its genre.
    5. Combat is the smoothest in its genre.
    6. The game has the best and broadest compatibility in its genre.
    7. The game offers the most robust modding tools in its genre.
    8. We are doing something no other game in the genre is doing, its a HUGE innovation, and it is X.

    Bring a good game isn't enough. Even being a GREAT game isn't enough. You need a hook. A value add. What is the value add here?

    Its the only question worth answering. It should be the first thing they say. And I don't see from Blizzard. Do you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    If you ask me that same question about PoE, I can definitively give you an answer. They produce very high-quality xpacs, best in genre. By FAR. So if you want a quality ARPG where you know there is always a bright future and exciting updates and xpacs getting pushed out regularly, you absolutely MUST pay PoE. There is no other option.
    Why? He’s not selling it. Plus there’s no requirement to quantify enjoyment to enjoy something.

    Looks awesome OP, I’ll definitely give it a good read ^^

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

    Bring a good game isn't enough. Even being a GREAT game isn't enough. You need a hook. A value add. What is the value add here?
    .
    The "value add" is that it's a remaster of one of the most popular ARPG's of all time. A remaster of a game that people are still playing 20 years after it's release.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Why? He’s not selling it. Plus there’s no requirement to quantify enjoyment to enjoy something.

    Looks awesome OP, I’ll definitely give it a good read ^^
    Well he's doing a hype website. Maybe he has an answer I don't see. I'm just asking.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The "value add" is that it's a remaster of one of the most popular ARPG's of all time. A remaster of a game that people are still playing 20 years after it's release.
    After Warcraft 3 reforged, simply touting that it is a remaster is surely not enough. That might actually be a negative.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    After Warcraft 3 reforged, simply touting that it is a remaster is surely not enough. That might actually be a negative.
    The overall reaction to the announcement would indicate that isn't the case.

    All people had to hear was "Diablo 2 remaster" and they were like "I'm interested"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The overall reaction to the announcement would indicate that isn't the case.

    All people had to hear was "Diablo 2 remaster" and they were like "I'm interested"
    There was great reaction to War3 reforged too.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There was great reaction to War3 reforged too.
    And despite the how poorly it was received on release... there is still great excitement about D2:R

    the only thing WC3:RF has seemed to dampen is that people aren't in as much of a rush to pre-order.

    Also, you called it a "hype" website. But what it is is an information website. He's collecting every bit of released information for the remaster and putting it all in one place. He's not pushing you in either direction...he's just providing the information so that people can decide for themselves
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-02-28 at 07:30 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And despite the how poorly it was received on release... there is still great excitement about D2:R

    the only thing WC3:RF has seemed to dampen is that people aren't in as much of a rush to pre-order.

    Also, you called it a "hype" website. But what it is is an information website. He's collecting every bit of released information for the remaster and putting it all in one place. He's not pushing you in either direction...he's just providing the information so that people can decide for themselves
    I don't want to hear assertions like "there is great excitement about game x". That makes me think you can't answer my question. I'm just asking. Why should someone play D2R over other games in the genre? Just answer the question. And I mean specific game feature(s). I gave a slew of examples.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't want to hear assertions like "there is great excitement about game x". That makes me think you can't answer my question. I'm just asking. Why should someone play D2R over other games in the genre? Just answer the question. And I mean specific game feature(s). I gave a slew of examples.
    Again, why should it be answered? They’re entirely subjective terms. I could answer with, for example:

    - better storyline
    - better atmosphere
    - better theme

    And you could counter all of it with “na-ah!”. Therefore it’s a childish discussion. I loved diablo 2, so I’ll likely play this too. If not for the reasons above, then for nostalgia’s sake.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't want to hear assertions like "there is great excitement about game x". That makes me think you can't answer my question. I'm just asking. Why should someone play D2R over other games in the genre? Just answer the question. And I mean specific game feature(s). I gave a slew of examples.
    First, It's not my job to hype you on the game either.


    Second, I gave you an answer.

    It's an updated version of one of the most popular ARPG's of all time. So popular in fact that people are still playing it 20 years later. How many games can you say that about?

    And again, the website isn't a "hype" site. It isn't trying to push you into buying the game...it's just collecting all the information in one place.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't want to hear assertions like "there is great excitement about game x". That makes me think you can't answer my question. I'm just asking. Why should someone play D2R over other games in the genre? Just answer the question. And I mean specific game feature(s). I gave a slew of examples.
    Shit man, be a big boy and make the decision yourself. I can't imagine living in a world where I need someone else to tell me if I should play a video game or not.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-02-28 at 09:50 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There was great reaction to War3 reforged too.
    That had more issues...like taking away promised features and forcing it on the people playing the old game...honestly if Diablo 2 was NOTHING but the original game prettied up most people would be happy

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't want to hear assertions like "there is great excitement about game x". That makes me think you can't answer my question. I'm just asking. Why should someone play D2R over other games in the genre? Just answer the question. And I mean specific game feature(s). I gave a slew of examples.
    The reasons to like the remaster are the same as the reasons to like the original, in theory. Assuming we don't have another WC3:Reforged which I'm not personally going to take for granted.

  16. #16
    Looks great!

    One suggestion would be to prevent the page from automatically rearranging panels as the viewer is scrolling (PC desktop).
    Right now its pretty annoying when i am scrolling and reading panels one-by-one (no filters) and the webpage randomly decides to fling some panels i have not yet read into the panels i have already read (and vice versa).

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    First, It's not my job to hype you on the game either.


    Second, I gave you an answer.

    It's an updated version of one of the most popular ARPG's of all time. So popular in fact that people are still playing it 20 years later. How many games can you say that about?

    And again, the website isn't a "hype" site. It isn't trying to push you into buying the game...it's just collecting all the information in one place.
    Errm..sorry but this looks..terrible...Amazon especially..but everything else as well....

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Why should I play Diablo 2 Resurrected over other ARPGs?
    People will play it because it's Diablo, it's the original - not a "spiritual successor" or another reimagining or what else. It's authentic real deal.

    I know I will at least make a run or two myself, even given I played it quite a bit back when it was fresh.

  19. #19
    Pretty nice site there OP. Ignore the haters

  20. #20
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,800
    Pretty cool, especially for those of us that don;t use social media and would like the news in more direct form

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •