Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    They've kind of given up on having crossover movies I think. They'll still have characters that exist in that world together...but they just won't be keeping in touch much.

    They aren't necessarily "rebooting"...they're kinda just jumping around exploring alternate universes. The Batman is going to be set in a different universe as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, I'd be down with an Authority Cinematic Universe.
    Just last August it was announced Batfleck would be in Flashpoint.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Just last August it was announced Batfleck would be in Flashpoint.
    Sure, and Michael Keaton's Batman as well.

    As i said, they'll still have characters in the same universes.

    But all the movies since Justice League have been stand-alone movies that just happen to be set in the same universe.

    There's no plans for a Justice League Sequel.

    Joker did it's own thing

    The Cyborg movie was cancelled

    Even the Suicide Squad "sequel" isn't really a continuation of the first film.

    Pattinson's Batman isn't the same Batman as Affleck's.

    This new Superman movie is likely going to be set in it's own universe as well.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-02-28 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You want a movie about a different character

    Here's Midnighter:



    Have fun
    No. that's your opinion. Your choice. You can't tell me what i want.
    /spit@Blizzard

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No. that's your opinion. Your choice. You can't tell me what i want.
    What I can tell you is that the Batman you want is not the Batman.

    I'm suggesting an alternative character that you might like more. Because Midnighter is very much a "R-Rated Batman"
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What I can tell you is that the Batman you want is not the Batman.

    I'm suggesting an alternative character that you might like more. Because Midnighter is very much a "R-Rated Batman"
    I wouldn't mind a Midnighter movie.

    Of course we'd have to put up with a lot of whining from the usual suspects because Midnight is pretty much a hyper-violent gay socialist Batman.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yes i have seen them all and he's still the best for the roll imo, cant see why they need to change him if anything the producer/director handeled him a shit script to work with and could improve that instead. He's a great actor but i also like the guy as he's a gamer and can acually build pc's lol but also as he's a huge warhammer fan and paint models so abit of a personal opinion there but he's just a very nice guy.

    So yeah im going to say it's gonna be shit without him and not the same. But sure we will see perhaps i will give it a go if they replace him but i really fucking hope they dont.
    Sometimes, you change a person in the role simply to distinguish a different take on the same series. It would be jarring, for example, if Brandon Routh went from the type of Superman movies he made (which were fairly meme-worthy), to something as dark and gritty/shitty as the Snyderverse. Or, you go from Pierce Brosnan in tux-wearing campy Bond movies, to Daniel Craig in the parkour, crane-running Bond movies.

    If they're substantially changing the tone, the gravitas of Cavill's Supes would be out of place. I love Cavill as Superman, but you can't hold onto things like this.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Many remember when JJ got people excited.
    Has he ever made anything that was good?

  8. #88
    seems kinda dumb. cavill superman movies were the only ones that were good.

  9. #89
    I am going to take a wild guess that the movie will end up almost a damn near copy of another superman movie with just a few of the nouns changed even though when you are looking at them they are almost the exact same minus it being in 2021ish technology of special effects instead of whatever year the movie being copied was. If not a direct copy then it will just be the "bigger, bad, omg its huge" version of the thing being copied. So the same but "bigger".

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Has he ever made anything that was good?
    I liked Star Trek.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I liked Star Trek.
    After rewatching them I've come to really enjoy the Kelvin Trek movies. I had to get over my hangup with "that's new! I want the old thing!" that so many people have an issue with though
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Midnighter movie.

    Of course we'd have to put up with a lot of whining from the usual suspects because Midnight is pretty much a hyper-violent gay socialist Batman.
    Yup, pisses off every demographic equally though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Has he ever made anything that was good?
    Alias and Lost Started off great.
    The first Star Trek movie was good.
    Even Force Awakens, despite that it was a retread of A New Hope, was at least a solidly put together movie.
    Some people really liked MI:3 (although I can't agree with them on that personally)

    Abrams is pretty good at starting things. He's not great at finishing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Some people really liked MI:3 (although I can't agree with them on that personally)
    Bad Robot has produced all the MI movies since 3, and they've all been pretty entertaining.

    People are assuming that JJ is directing this when that hasn't been announced. They should probably stop.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Bad Robot has produced all the MI movies since 3, and they've all been pretty entertaining.
    Yeah, he personally directed III though. Personally, I think it's the worst MI movie...but others like it.

    People are assuming that JJ is directing this when that hasn't been announced. They should probably stop.
    Yeah I said the same thing earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  15. #95
    Alias was great.

  16. #96
    Of course JJ wants superman. Theres already literally a mystery box in its lore
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  17. #97
    Pit Lord Aurabolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,368
    I'm pretty sure Cavil won't be back as Superman in the near future. He's started entertaining offers for other projects and most believe the role will need to be recast. It could be an opening for Brandon Routh, who played the role in Superman Returns. He was shocked he wasn't considered for Man of Steel and has made it clear he wants to reprise the role if given the opportunity.

    British-born Henry Cavil is arguably the best since the late Christopher Reeve brought the character to the big screen for the first time 30 years ago. Routh and Cavil as well as Tom Welling (Smallville) did break the imfamous Superman Curse though: Everyone that played Superman would later have some kind of personal tragedy befall them. It stopped with those three men though.

    Not to change the subject but can we all agree Kevin Conroy is the best Voice Actor for Batman ever?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

    This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I'm pretty sure Cavil won't be back as Superman in the near future. He's started entertaining offers for other projects and most believe the role will need to be recast. It could be an opening for Brandon Routh, who played the role in Superman Returns. He was shocked he wasn't considered for Man of Steel and has made it clear he wants to reprise the role if given the opportunity.

    British-born Henry Cavil is arguably the best since the late Christopher Reeve brought the character to the big screen for the first time 30 years ago. Routh and Cavil as well as Tom Welling (Smallville) did break the imfamous Superman Curse though: Everyone that played Superman would later have some kind of personal tragedy befall them. It stopped with those three men though.

    Not to change the subject but can we all agree Kevin Conroy is the best Voice Actor for Batman ever?
    Surprised no one has mentioned it. This superman version is gonna be black.

    Its being written by the guy that wrote some black panthar comics and others for marvel.

    And Kevin Conroy being best batman is kinda obvious
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I want a movie with a Dark Batman. A different take on the character. Is that so bad?
    If you ignore the two Schumacher movies, we've had nothing BUT dark Batman movies for decades now. Adding in a bunch of nudity, language, and gore isn't going to do any service to the character.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-03-02 at 12:23 AM.

  20. #100
    Pit Lord Aurabolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,368
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned it. This superman version is gonna be black.

    Its being written by the guy that wrote some black panthar comics and others for marvel.

    And Kevin Conroy being best batman is kinda obvious
    The first two things you said have absolutely nothing to do with what I said =(

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    If you ignore the two Schumacher movies, we've had nothing BUT dark Batman movies for decades now. Adding in a bunch of nudity, language, and gore isn't going to do any service to the character.
    The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 and 2 are arguably the best animated Batman movies in terms of storytelling. Period. At the end of the first one, he went old school savage just to say "I'M Batman." The showdown with Superman in Part 2--recreated in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice--ending the way it did was both badass (not just the speech) and Batman kept his word when he promised to teach Superman what it feels like to be fear for his mortality =O
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

    This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •