Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Another Superman reboot? - New JJ movie announced

https://www.ign.com/articles/superma...-nehisi-coates

Wait, what?

Another one? shouldn't they wait to see how the Snyder cut turns out and how the public take to the new Superman and Lois show? Do they need to reboot again?

Wow, I really don't think these guys are as smart as most of you think they are because they're billionaires. Their wealth also means they have lots of money to throw around and fuck up big projects, as longa s they get lucky a few times, they can keep going.

But who knows, it could be the most amazing thing ever, with JJ Abrams directing, and we know he certainly draws all the crowd.. my guess.. we are getting Black Superman with Michael Jordan or Idriss Alba starring.

It could be a standalone AU Superman ofc, doesn't necessarily mean the snyder verse is going, but who am I kidding. Long live JJ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like JJ is bad luck at this point. And he doesn't really care about the longevity of universes, just he alt-reality retellings.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It's not confirmed.
    It's not a reboot.
    It's not replacing Cavil
    WB has made no decisions on the Snyder verse and won't until they see how the new version of Justice League performs.

What may happen is a different character who takes on the mantle of superman in a different reality of the DC multiverse and this character has been in the comics for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post

Wait, what?

Another one? shouldn't they wait to see how the Snyder cut turns out and how the public take to the new Superman and Lois show? Do they need to reboot again?

Wow, I really don't think these guys are as smart as most of you think they are because they're billionaires. Their wealth also means they have lots of money to throw around and fuck up big projects, as longa s they get lucky a few times, they can keep going.

But who knows, it could be the most amazing thing ever, with JJ Abrams directing, and we know he certainly draws all the crowd.. my guess.. we are getting Black Superman with Michael Jordan or Idriss Alba starring.

It could be a standalone AU Superman ofc, doesn't necessarily mean the snyder verse is going, but who am I kidding. Long live JJ?
    As long as he doesn't go anywhere near the writer's room and directs it himself I'd watch it.
    Last edited by Struggle; 2021-02-27 at 12:13 AM. Reason: punkshuashun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not confirmed.
    It's not a reboot.
    It's not replacing Cavil
    WB has made no decisions on the Snyder verse and won't until they see how the new version of Justice League performs.

What may happen is a different character who takes on the mantle of superman in a different reality of the DC multiverse and this character has been in the comics for years.
    They should stick to getting the original superman first and getting him right then worrying about alt universe ones(Like Earth 23). -.-
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-27 at 12:16 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not confirmed.
    It's not a reboot.
    It's not replacing Cavil

If they want to do new things with superman, sure. But I feel as if we have way to many incarnations of the guy already. There are so many other characters in the DC universe, explore them for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post

Wait, what?

You realize that Pattinson's Batman isn't Snyder-verse either, right?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If its got JJ attached, I'm out, or at least I won't pay to see it, he's like the damn aliens from Independence Day.

Not that I think Snyder has been much better, which is a shame, because I think Henry makes a fine Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    If its got JJ attached, I'm out, or at least I won't pay to see it, he's like the damn aliens from Independence Day.

Not that I think Snyder has been much better, which is a shame, because I think Henry makes a fine Superman.
    Abrams isn't attached to direct. At this point...he's just producing.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'mma just ignore any and all Superman movies that ain't starring Henry Cavill anyway, so... The endless reboots and rethinks is tiring to say the least at this point. If The Batman is PG13, I'mma just ignore that one too.

I've never liked Jar Jar Abrams' formulaic shallow and boring productions, but I kept watching since he'd somehow get into the big franchises. How does that mind numbingly unoriginal person gets inserted into everything? Neither his Star Treks, nor his Star Warses were praised by fans, it's the titles that made the money. They could attach a monkey to direct and people would still go. Yet they can still get my money if they keep Henry Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Abrams isn't attached to direct. At this point...he's just producing.
    At this point, I'm steering clear of (paying to watch) anything that he or Bad Robot are any sort of attached to. I used to enjoy his work with Alias and Lost, but after Star Trek and Star Wars, he's lost me, never mind most of the latest DC projects outside of their animated films have been iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    At this point, I'm steering clear of (paying to watch) anything that he or Bad Robot are any sort of attached to. I used to enjoy his work with Alias and Lost, but after Star Trek and Star Wars, he's lost me, never mind most of the latest DC projects outside of their animated films have been iffy.
    ^^^^

Not that I have any real hope in movies coming out of Hollywood, but Abrams' name is a billboard sized red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If The Batman is PG13, I'mma just ignore that one too.
    You want an R-Rated Batman film?

Why do you hate Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I Neither his Star Treks, nor his Star Warses were praised by fans, it's the titles that made the money.
    Both Star Trek 09 and TFA were very well received... Idiots on the internet whining about silly premature promotions and nefarious SJW mary sues don't comprise the sum-total of "fans."

no wonder DC cant get a movie universe made with how many times they reboot things.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They should stick to getting the original superman first and getting him right then worrying about alt universe ones(Like Earth 23). -.-
    @Struggle also feels what I feel, it's going to be an AU Superman - at least if Snyder verse does very well, this is what ti's going to be.. DC have no problem with alternate worlds, and make the shows and comics and everything be canon, but on different earths.

Which ever is most popular will be what they keep going with - or both, Cavil could be for the MU abut largely Justice league type ones while the new one would be single movies, and would likely involve a cross over in a future movie when they both meet.

if it's a failure it would likely be just a one-off , he might make a cameo later.. they have options, - at this stage, the most expected conclusion is that it's a full reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You want an R-Rated Batman film?

Why do you hate Batman?
    Yep, would be a nice change.

Jar Jar Abrams is involved I'm out. He's Mr. Play it safe and generic lame movie maker.

And of course it's going to be out a trans black Super wimp or something.

Why not keep Henry Cavil and do a super cool story driven great movie

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yep, would be a nice change.
    Not for Batman.