Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hollywood goes hand in hand at reusing stuff for lack of originality.

JJ: "Hmm, I've already ruined Star Trek and Star Wars... what else is there that people love that I can make a movie for that they'll hate for the next couple of decades?"

If JJ Abrams (I can't be bothered to check if I spelled the scumbag's name right or not) is involved, I'm out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many remember when JJ got people excited.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    JJ has produced more shows I like than movies he directed. So it depends on the writers and director now :P

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Not for Batman.
    Care to elaborate?

Because anyone would assume the Dark Knight, a billionaire vigilante, trained in the League of Shadows, wouldn't really abstain from cruelty and gory violence, should it assist his goals
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I feel like JJ is bad luck at this point. And he doesn't really care about the longevity of universes, just he alt-reality retellings.
    Pretty much, which is why he passed on Apple who offered him more money, they don't have any big original IP's he can copy and remake

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Because anyone would assume the Dark Knight, a billionaire vigilante, trained in the League of Shadows, wouldn't really abstain from cruelty and gory violence, should it assist his goals
    Anyone, except for anyone that's ever picked up a Batman comic.

If you want Cruelty and Gory Violence...the Punisher is your dude.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Anyone, except for anyone that's ever picked up a Batman comic.

If you want Cruelty and Gory Violence...the Punisher is your dude.
    A Batman movie being R wouldn't necessarily be because he's turning people's faces into jelly with his fists, or something. Gotham is a bad enough place, and people are terrible enough to each other to write a story like that which could justify an R even without considering any of the myriad Batman villains who would have no problem with over-the-top violence.

That's not saying some hypothetical edgelord script that's just going for the rating is a good idea. But I think we're well past the point where "superhero" movies need to be constrained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said they should continue using the Henry Cavill Superman and actually write him better(I don't even like this phrase but I'm standing by it). Don't need another actor or anything or even changing race. As for Batman, well you Might get away with rated R but it all depends on whats involved, if Bat is killing....well we're just doing punisher shit and thats not Batman but.. I feel like a Broken record. If there's some of the stuff I've heard from Snyder if he did Batman stuff or rather what he'd write........no thanks).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    A Batman movie being R wouldn't necessarily be because he's turning people's faces into jelly with his fists, or something. Gotham is a bad enough place, and people are terrible enough to each other to write a story like that which could justify an R even without considering any of the myriad Batman villains who would have no problem with over-the-top violence.

That's not saying some hypothetical edgelord script that's just going for the rating is a good idea. But I think we're well past the point where "superhero" movies need to be constrained.
    There is some truth there...but I don't think you need to go to extremes to show how that Gotham is a dangerous place.

I'm not someone that thinks all Superhero movies need to be PG-13. Some Superhero movies should be rated R. But I don't think that aiming for an R rating is right for Batman.

And that guy was specifically talking about Batman, as you say, "turning people's faces into jelly with his fists"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I've only known the JJ worshipping from that South Park episode where the town got all excited for him to make them ''remember the good days'' after he did ''such a good job'' with Star Wars. Guess that didn't age well.

No Cavil means no Superman for me.

I think people are missing the idea that this is not meant to be a "reboot" in the sense that they are dumping Cavill.

Every indication is that this is just an alternate Universe. Just like what they did with "Joker" and just like they are doing with "The Batman".

I think people are missing the idea that this is not meant to be a "reboot" in the sense that they are dumping Cavill.

Every indication is that this is just an alternate Universe. Just like what they did with "Joker" and just like they are doing with "The Batman".
    The writer seemed to suggest the reboot is still set in the DCEU, which would mean the reboot would most likely be a new actor for Superman. I seem to recall Cavill had mentioned previously that he wanted to move on from the Superman role, so this would be consistent with that.

Right now the only speculation I've seen is that Michael B. Jordan would be the new Superman. He's got some pretty good acting chops, so I'd be interested to see how he does.

The main thing that concerns me is that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing it. To my knowledge he hasn't written a movie yet (or at least anything anyone has seen). His background is a comic book writer. So I'm not sure how well he would do in movies, but at least he should know the material. My biggest concern however is that Ta-Nehisi Coates is very outspoken politically, and with Hollywood's current trend to fuse as much politics into their movies as possible, this movie will feature politics & political correctness first, with story/plot/character development, etc, as an afterthought.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Another one? shouldn't they wait to see how the Snyder cut turns out and how the public take to the new Superman and Lois show? Do they need to reboot again?
    Wait are you telling me that "rebooting / starting another universe Superman" isn't the best way to go? I thought the public loved this redo's of the origin type story movies. (Yes, that is sarcasm).

If they do another Superman movie, even if it's a different universe I hope they did what Marvel did on Spider-Man and skip over all the origin stuff and goes straight to the story. Then again the only Superman movie I liked was the original ones that Christopher Reeve's did. Even found BvS and JL to be lack luster.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-02-27 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Right now the only speculation I've seen is that Michael B. Jordan would be the new Superman. He's got some pretty good acting chops, so I'd be interested to see how he does.
    Well, as far a MBJ is concerned...he has said that he wouldn't want to be the Clark Kent Superman.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/mi...tes-jj-abrams/

When Oprah Winfrey asked Jordan whether he would be the next Superman in a 2019 interview, the Black Panther star said it was "flattering and humbling" to be rumored for the role before Winfrey asked: "Would you like to be Superman?"

"It's tough. I hate being a businessman and understanding both sides of the situation. There is a huge upside to it, but being under that microscope, being picked apart and compared to so many different versions of Superman... I would rather do something original," Jordan said at the time, adding that instead of Clark Kent, "I'll be Calvin Ellis."

"There's another version of Superman in another dimension that is Black already in the comic books that exist, and I think the comic book purists can accept that more than me being Clark Kent from Kansas," Jordan said at the time. "That's a different thing."

JJ doing Superman (or any established hero) isn’t necessarily bad.

The character is already developed. JJ can just concentrate on making big explosions on screen.

Not for Batman.
    Says you, I would very much enjoy if they made film of one of the less kid-friendly stories.

Well, as far a MBJ is concerned...he has said that he wouldn't want to be the Clark Kent Superman.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/mi...tes-jj-abrams/
    That makes sense.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The main thing that concerns me is that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing it. To my knowledge he hasn't written a movie yet (or at least anything anyone has seen). His background is a comic book writer. So I'm not sure how well he would do in movies, but at least he should know the material. My biggest concern however is that Ta-Nehisi Coates is very outspoken politically, and with Hollywood's current trend to fuse as much politics into their movies as possible, this movie will feature politics & political correctness first, with story/plot/character development, etc, as an afterthought.
    Superman fights for Truth, Justice and the Canadian Way. That’s pretty political.