Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Says you, I would very much enjoy if they made film of one of the less kid-friendly stories.
    Doesn't need to be Rated R to not be "kid-friendly"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Superman fights for Truth, Justice and the Canadian Way. That’s pretty political.
    You could definitely argue that the slogan is political, but I don't think you can argue that the slogan was in any way pivotal to the story of any of the Superman movies in the last few decades. (not sure about the old black & white Superman shows/movies).

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You could definitely argue that the slogan is political, but I don't think you can argue that the slogan was in any way pivotal to the story of any of the Superman movies in the last few decades. (not sure about the old black & white Superman shows/movies).
    It may not have been pivotal to the story...but it was very pivotal to the character in the Reeves/Donner films. Not so much in the Snyder-Verse.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they wait 7 years between movies.. then they might as well do a reboot every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Superman is a also journalist Clark Kent. You know who also is a journalist? Ta-Nehisi Coates. I imagine that Coated would be better at his job if he had super hearing.

Also journalism is also an inherently political job.

You should probably stop humoring the poster who apparently thinks that "being black" is a political persuasion. It's not very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Doesn't need to be Rated R to not be "kid-friendly"
    Lol, the stories I have in mind, do.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol, the stories I have in mind, do.
    Ok

Name them.

And then realize that every single one of them has been put on the shelf right next to the "kid-friendly" books.

5+ Year Old Account
    We really are living in the age of reboots.

Hollywood & The Movie Industry has really run out of ideas.
    Hollywood: "Let's just reboot something."

Sings Yakko's Reboot Song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure this will be a movie that i dont need to see and will be so bland like all of JJs recent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    We really are living in the age of reboots.

Hollywood & The Movie Industry has really run out of ideas.
    Hollywood: "Let's just reboot something."

Sings Yakko's Reboot Song.
    80% of Hollywood is new IPs. It's just the majority of people prefer to go to the reboots, sequels etc.

Apparently they got a dude called Ta-Nehisi Coates to write the script, who is like a RAGING anti-white racist who wrote a number of crazy books claiming everything is racist, including ragging on the first responders on 9/11 and calling them "menaces of nature".

Top notch personnel. I think the movie will be great. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Wait are you telling me that "rebooting / starting another universe Superman" isn't the best way to go? I thought the public loved this redo's of the origin type story movies. (Yes, that is sarcasm).

If they do another Superman movie, even if it's a different universe I hope they did what Marvel did on Spider-Man and skip over all the origin stuff and goes straight to the story. Then again the only Superman movie I liked was the original ones that Christopher Reeve's did. Even found BvS and JL to be lack luster.
    Errr, the first Spider-Man in the MCU was very origin-story focused, if I remember correctly. His first appearances, I guess, in Civil War, wasn't, he was already Spider-Man, but then they went into it with Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Errr, the first Spider-Man in the MCU was very origin-story focused, if I remember correctly. His first appearances, I guess, in Civil War, wasn't, he was already Spider-Man, but then they went into it with Homecoming.
    In a way it was and in a way it wasn't. Civil War, his first appearance, he was already Spider-Man and was presumably doing activities just in his homemade outfit which probably helped attract less attention. His suit got upgrade in Civil War which persisted in Homecoming where he branched out more. Homecoming had him face his first major villain rather than street level gangs and such. At the same time it skipped over a lot of the origin story too, such as Uncle Ben and such.

For me, it skipped a lot of the origin story while keeping some of it. The well known basics were definitely skipped and not taking up one fourth to one third of the movie alone. So as for the case of Superman I don't really think they need to spend a good chunk of the movie introducing he's from Krypton, landed on Earth, becoming accustomed to his powers, etc etc. They should be able to jump into the fray where he's starting to battle enemies and such and be able to develop those storylines without adding extra runtime onto the movie just to accommodate various things unless it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Civil War was Spidey's first appearance in the MCU.

Homecoming doesn't do origin either.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone, except for anyone that's ever picked up a Batman comic.

If you want Cruelty and Gory Violence...the Punisher is your dude.
    Who says the movies should follow the comics?

If that were the logic, Nolan should have used the Adam West palette for his hero, just to stay faithful to a previous on screen adaptation.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Apparently they got a dude called Ta-Nehisi Coates to write the script, who is like a RAGING anti-white racist who wrote a number of crazy books claiming everything is racist, including ragging on the first responders on 9/11 and calling them "menaces of nature".

Top notch personnel. I think the movie will be great. /s
    Nah, I’ve read some of his non-fiction work. It’s neither anti-white or racist. He’s pretty good. You should read him.

He currently writes the Captain America comic. If you can write Cap, odds are you can probably write a decent Superman story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Who says the movies should follow the comics?

If that were the logic, Nolan should have used the Adam West palette for his hero, just to stay faithful to a previous on screen adaptation.
    If Christopher Nolan was attempting to make an adaptation of the Adam West Batman...that would have been the case.

And i don't think you have to follow the storylines in the comics exactly to the movie...however...if you're going to make a movie about the Batman...it should stay true to the character of Batman.

If you want a movie where The hero slaughters his way through his enemies...there are plenty of others that go that route.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-02-27 at 07:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not confirmed.
    It's not a reboot.
    It's not replacing Cavil
    WB has made no decisions on the Snyder verse and won't until they see how the new version of Justice League performs.

What may happen is a different character who takes on the mantle of superman in a different reality of the DC multiverse and this character has been in the comics for years.
    Didn't they remove Superman, and therefore Cavil from any future DCEU?

- - - Updated - - -

Civil War was Spidey's first appearance in the MCU.

Homecoming doesn't do origin either.
    Which was actually very good. How many times do we have to see Uncle Ben/Bruce parents getting shot? Spidey introduction in Civil War was refreshing.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Christopher Nolan was attempting to make an adaptation of the Adam West Batman...that would have been the case.

And i don't think you have to follow the storylines in the comics exactly to the movie...however...if you're going to make a movie about the Batman...it should stay true to the character of Batman.

If you want a movie where The hero slaughters his way through his enemies...there are plenty of others that go that route.
    I want a movie with a Dark Batman. A different take on the character. Is that so bad?
    /spit@Blizzard