Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    This burst has to end.

    So im just running by some balance druid ganking somebody else or what do I know - Was going to world quest.

    So anyway I get close to the heat, like 20 yards and apparently the druid has popped convoke...Im of course full health, 30.7k hp...and BOOM! Dead in what felt like 2 sec's, could not even react - Saw a starfall hit, and then next second I just dropped. Scary part is he wasn't even targeting me, and I was not even close to him.

    I have played since classic - N E V E R have I gotten killed like that - Running on my mount, full health and getting killed in 2 sec's. Wish I had OBS running. Im used to getting ganked in rogues in 4 sec's through stuns, aka killed before stuns ends, but this was new...

    Seriously, are pvperes, aka not a player like me, even enjoying this? Last time I took PvP more serious was like in TBC or wotlk, and its not like I want mana-war 22 mins long arena fights, but this is silly =/
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2021-03-02 at 03:37 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  2. #2
    it is silly. It does not make it less silly, that there are a couple classes that can provide this burst. At least the boomie can not target it and uses a slot machine...

    the fact that there are on use trinkets. that allow double stacking together with long cooldowns.... it is just so foreseeable.

    You just have to take away one multiplier from most burst specs and it would be a much better experience for the other dds and would even the odds... although then healing would be even more dominant.
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2021-02-27 at 12:36 PM.

  3. #3
    convoke is the dumbest spell in wow history

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    convoke is the dumbest spell in wow history
    Well it is specially silly in Torghast where several powers boost Convoke. If i get some of them, the endboss dies within a convoke easily. I see those 50k full moons flying on the boss and i know i just did 400k damage in 3sec.

    The pvp version is already nerfed and still insane. At least it has some counterplay because of interrupts etc..

  5. #5
    It's either that or Bfa 25 min dampening games.

    No there is no in between. Not with Blizzard.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    convoke is the dumbest spell in wow history
    Just qouting this and saying that im a feral druid as well, I get it - but at least melee range is a thing for us...Seriously, I just rode past all chilled out minding my own business...I have played soo much pvp, at least in the past (Battlemaster achivement, one time 2k 2v2 arena), but this was next-level.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  7. #7
    they got rid of pvp scaling that was introduced in legion that prevented alot of this
    now pvp is just like it was before and everyone wanted it
    (im not against the change i like it) just learn to accept the fact that if someone outgears you strong chance they will win
    thats life

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

    Seriously, are pvperes, aka not a player like me, even enjoying this? Last time I took PvP more serious was like in TBC or wotlk, and its not like I want mana-war 22 mins long arena fights, but this is silly =/
    Yup, this is probably the best PvP meta since Mists and it isn't even very close.

    Most high rated arena games take 5-10 minutes, which is still a little slow, but it's significantly better than the 15 minute dampening games from BFA.

    You're undergeared and died because you weren't paying attention with war mode on, really don't see how that's a problem with the game tbh.

  9. #9
    I can remember at least two examples of classes being able to kill as fast as convoke in every expansion I played. I started playing late in vanilla. My problem with pvp is actually how every class has retarded survivability/immunities and self heals.. causing it to be a CD trading meta.

    HIS CHEAT DEATH/BUBBLE/FULL HEAL IS DOWN AND I HAVE A STUN QUICK DO 50k DPS TO HIM isn’t fun to me.

  10. #10
    Yes, Convoke hits super fucking hard. It's also easy to interrupt. And if you do interrupt it, that Druid is fucked for 2 minutes.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yup, this is probably the best PvP meta since Mists and it isn't even very close.

    Most high rated arena games take 5-10 minutes, which is still a little slow, but it's significantly better than the 15 minute dampening games from BFA.

    You're undergeared and died because you weren't paying attention with war mode on, really don't see how that's a problem with the game tbh.
    Pay attention? He got one shot on his way past by someone using the WoW equivalent of aimbot.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    It's either that or Bfa 25 min dampening games.

    No there is no in between. Not with Blizzard.
    Plenty of games still go to 70% dampening, despite the burst some classes can put out. Because apparently it's necessary for every single class to have 300 different defensives they can pop to negate/absorb damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yes, Convoke hits super fucking hard. It's also easy to interrupt. And if you do interrupt it, that Druid is fucked for 2 minutes.
    Well this is flat out false. Boomkins do solid consistent damage outside of Convoke as well.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Well this is flat out false. Boomkins do solid consistent damage outside of Convoke as well.

    They sure do. Doesn't change the fact that they can't burst you in 1 global outside of Convoke.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    convoke is the dumbest spell in wow history
    if it was only convoke. I got 31% versa and got an 18k hit from a ret paladin lately. not to forget their ridiculous self heal. pvp is simply out of control. and it is time to exploit classes. everyone has everything that others have. absorbs, last stands and so on.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    Pay attention? He got one shot on his way past by someone using the WoW equivalent of aimbot.
    He had 31k health and presumably some amount of versatility, he didn't get one shot that was pretty obviously an exaggeration. Just because he failed to react fast enough doesn't mean he didn't have the ability to react at all. Not to mention he should have seen the Druid in the first place if he was paying attention to where he was going.

  16. #16
    pvp is broken. for long I'm not subs

    Suggest you do the same. Till they fix wow

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    He had 31k health and presumably some amount of versatility, he didn't get one shot that was pretty obviously an exaggeration. Just because he failed to react fast enough doesn't mean he didn't have the ability to react at all. Not to mention he should have seen the Druid in the first place if he was paying attention to where he was going.
    Yea dude, as I said - I saw a starfall hit, but I was just riding past the pvp action, minding my own business, when the moonkin got a bit closer, but still not directly attacking me AND then suddenly...DONE. It felt like 2 sec's and not 3. Yea maybe I should had shadow meld...but like, what, I wasen't gonna pay attention auto movement while listening to probly a podcast doing WQ :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    He had 31k health and presumably some amount of versatility, he didn't get one shot that was pretty obviously an exaggeration. Just because he failed to react fast enough doesn't mean he didn't have the ability to react at all. Not to mention he should have seen the Druid in the first place if he was paying attention to where he was going.
    The Druid only cast one spell. Therefore, he was one shot. He wasn't even the primary target of said spell.

  19. #19
    This just reminds me of my first Shadowlands arena match where the door opened and I confidently walked out with my paladin, as I don't normally have trouble with any class, and was instantly deleted by convoke. I was like "wtf just happened?". Checked the logs for a full moon for 25k, some other shit for 25k, and a bunch of other spells ranging from 6k to 10k and I was just like "aight".
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yea dude, as I said - I saw a starfall hit, but I was just riding past the pvp action, minding my own business, when the moonkin got a bit closer, but still not directly attacking me AND then suddenly...DONE. It felt like 2 sec's and not 3. Yea maybe I should had shadow meld...but like, what, I wasen't gonna pay attention auto movement while listening to probly a podcast doing WQ :P
    So... You weren't paying attention and died with war mode on and then made a post complaining about it. Okay then.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    The Druid only cast one spell. Therefore, he was one shot. He wasn't even the primary target of said spell.
    It's a 4 second channel and the hardest any single spell can hit is like 18k, so no, he wasn't one shot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •